blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:46:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Book review: The Mental Game of Poker by Jared Tendler and, er, Dave Shoelace
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 [11] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Book review: The Mental Game of Poker by Jared Tendler and, er, Dave Shoelace  (Read 52085 times)
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #150 on: March 17, 2013, 09:49:13 PM »

100% confirmed its the same guy from 2+2 btw, he just started posting again.

Yeah, saw it Barry.

From his very first Post here it was odds-on to be the guy who had been ranting about you on 2+2.

He is complaining about blonde & Tighty now.

All standard stuff.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2013, 09:51:25 PM by tikay » Logged

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #151 on: March 17, 2013, 09:52:43 PM »

All standard stuff.

unlike you to swerve the "named in dispatches" complaint. Wish I was the one who banned him now :-)

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
aaron1867

View Profile
« Reply #152 on: March 17, 2013, 09:58:23 PM »

Not read the thread when it started (only joined here in 2012).

Is it worth getting the first version, then the second version when it comes out too? Seen a few people recommend it, so thinking of getting it myself.
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #153 on: March 17, 2013, 10:01:09 PM »

Is it worth getting the first version, then the second version when it comes out too? Seen a few people recommend it, so thinking of getting it myself.

They are totally different books, material wise. You don't need to have read the first one to read the second one and vice versa.

The first book is about mental game leaks - tilt, overconfidence, low motivation etc.

Second book is about A-game, the zone, learning etc.

Originally it was going to be one book, but we had way too much material.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #154 on: March 17, 2013, 10:10:15 PM »

All standard stuff.

unlike you to swerve the "named in dispatches" complaint. Wish I was the one who banned him now :-)

Ha!

Yes, he got the wrong bloke, but it's just detail.......

Think it's time we stopped giving trolls the benefit of the doubt & just shoot on sight.  

Still, he linked to us from 2+2, so we get some extra traffic. Every cloud & all that.

« Last Edit: March 17, 2013, 10:17:40 PM by tikay » Logged

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #155 on: March 17, 2013, 10:16:57 PM »

They are totally different books, material wise. You don't need to have read the first one to read the second one and vice versa.

The first book is about mental game leaks - tilt, overconfidence, low motivation etc.

Second book is about A-game, the zone, learning etc.

Originally it was going to be one book, but we had way too much material.

If you're thinking of getting the book, have a read of the reviews on Amazon... Wink

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
dwayne110

View Profile
« Reply #156 on: March 19, 2013, 02:44:44 AM »

As soon as I read the 2nd post of 'John Keen' it seemed obvious he had an agenda. It's very clear he's invested a lot of time preparing his barrage of questions, this before the ridiculous graph presentation (which seemed inconclusive given a small sample size aligned with expected high level of early post sale reviews, fwiw...). Every point then finishing with 'just to satisfy my curiosity' or some equivalent... almost felt like a subtle (initially!) sales pitch to furtively question the integrity of the authors.

As a general point, what a sad way to try and develop his business... whether methods like this work or not, is the loss of his integrity worth it?

Oh, and I now want to buy the book more if he's going to these lengths, must be good!
Acidmouse

View Profile
« Reply #157 on: April 03, 2013, 02:28:08 PM »

I bought the kindle version last year and really enjoyed it. My only neg was that the flow of the book felt little difficult and unnatural for me, maybe because i am dyslexic and prefer easily told journey books (aka Dan Brown).
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 [11] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: