blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 02:02:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272431 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16944 Members
Latest Member: Blader
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live Tournament Updates
| | |-+  DTD Monte Carlo £250,000 GTD Final Day
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 24 [25] Go Down Print
Author Topic: DTD Monte Carlo £250,000 GTD Final Day  (Read 64833 times)
bookiebasher

View Profile
« Reply #360 on: April 18, 2011, 11:14:55 AM »

Very well done Julian..... awesome result.

Great updates Rich... as always.

roscopiko

View Profile
« Reply #361 on: April 18, 2011, 11:18:19 AM »

It's all been said, many times, but I feel I must say it again - what an impressive Updating marathon by Tighty. Solo, too, which many Updaters say can't be done, but our man delivered.

Good balance, too, between colour, & hands, with plenty of both, leaning towards colour, as most blondes readers prefer that, which was as good as I've ever seen.

The "Round with Tighty" featuring Cos was one of the best Posts ever on blonde, requiring penetrating observational skills & the ability to write it up just so, not piss-taking, but deffo full of gentle rub, which I'm sure Cos would have enjoyed, such was it's quality & humour.

The blondes kept it mostly cool, too, credit to them, to do otherwise would have been an insult to Tighty.

Finally, big thanks to the people who financed the Update, "www.mycardshark.com", if the blondes now walk the walk, maybe we can get them to do it again in the future.

Oh, & well done Thewy. Like. Plus some.

^^this^^^

best updates i've read to date

shit @ poker since 1998
FUN4FRASER

View Profile
« Reply #362 on: April 18, 2011, 11:34:48 AM »

Nottingham’s own legend Julian Thew takes the Monte Carlo title as he wins the £291,000 event!

Outside the traditional slot of December, our third £1000 Monte Carlo Event comes to a close. Simon Trumper reports on the weekend’s success.

With a guaranteed £250,000 prizepool, £50K higher than that in December, we finally ended up with 291 players, which produced a £90,000 first prize. As usual, our Monte Carlo attracted some fine tournament poker players, some of which included James "Flushy" Dempsey, Stuart Fox, James Mitchell, Toby Lewis, Jack Ellwood, Jake Cody, Jon Kalmar, Julian Thew and Devilfish.

104 players started Day 1A and 187 Day 1B. After 10 1-hour levels in both, 107 returned for Day 2, playing down to the last 20, who then returned for the final on Sunday.  Players on Day 3 included local champion (and chip leader) Julian Thew, winner of 2 GUKPT's and an EPT. Also still in play were both previous Monte Carlo winners Waheed Ashraf and Fraser Bellamy.

Incredibly, by the time we reached the final 9 both previous champions were still in with a chance of achieving their second title. Sadly it wasn't to be Fraser’s. His run of four finals four wins, came to an end after flopping a set and getting outdrawn. Fraser finished in 8th adding £6939 to his bankroll. Waheed only managed one spot better, running into a very unlucky flop. His QQ was up against AQ that flopped an A. By the time we got to the final 3, the chip counts were 1,900,000 for Sunny Chatta, 2,900,000 Tom Mcdonald and 3,900,000 for Julian Thew. A deal was agreed giving Julian £62,547 and the trophy and title, with £60,000 for Tom and £52,000 for Sunny. Congratulations to three great players!

Running throughout the Monte Carlo was the Party Poker 48-hour Big Cash Game. It started 8pm on Friday with a line up including Sam Trickett, Jennifer Tilly, Neil Channing, Annette Obrestad, Bruno Fitoussi, Devilfish and Tony G, and ended with Devilfish, Trickett and Channing returning after some sleep to join the likes of Andrew Feldman, Roland De Wolfe and Mike Matusow. The game attracted big audiences both live and via online streaming, and helped to create an immense atmosphere in the club.

In case it’d slipped our minds on why Dusk Till Dawn is recognised as one of the top card rooms in the world, on Sunday, the club breezed 3 tournaments simultaneously, as well as 14 cash games, reminding us all what a phenomenal poker facility we have. Well done to all the team at the club who contributed in putting on an astounding show of poker.

Next up is our €80,000 guaranteed Grand Prix III event in May. The event is guaranteed at 1,600 entrants, and is set to break the record once more for the biggest UK poker tournament of all time.

And a big well done to you too Simon....Thank You
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #363 on: April 18, 2011, 11:37:44 AM »

Yeah I've gotta say, I quietly wet myself at reading Rich's 'round with Cos'. wpwp

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #364 on: April 18, 2011, 11:39:19 AM »

Yeah I've gotta say, I quietly wet myself at reading Rich's 'round with Cos'. wpwp

I assumed that, more power to your elbow.

It was superb stuff, & it took two to tango.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #365 on: April 18, 2011, 12:07:56 PM »

Just caught up with this - chuffed for Julian thumbs up.

Couldn't follow the updates this weekend (was otherwise engaged), but did read the 'Round with Cos' and thought it was absolutely brilliant.

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
donkieplayer

Losing is for losers!

View Profile
« Reply #366 on: April 18, 2011, 12:25:26 PM »

IMMENSE updates tighty, wd, gg and congrats on the deal guys.
Mitchell

View Profile
« Reply #367 on: April 18, 2011, 04:54:55 PM »

lovely stuff
paulhouk03
Cliqueless

View Profile
« Reply #368 on: April 19, 2011, 01:15:52 PM »

Tom Mc has told me what he had on the 1.8m 4 bet shove/Thewy folds AK hand

Has asked me not to post it til after the event

Remind me

Classic hand lol