blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 01:04:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272619 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  sky poker tour
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: sky poker tour  (Read 2364 times)
SolarCarro

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2011, 10:04:38 PM »

Top Class job on the friendliest Poker tour around!

The Grosvenor were excellent, did a great job including two very good tournaments on Friday night

Dave
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2011, 06:29:04 AM »

any idea what starting stack and blind levels are on this please?

Information found at the Sky Poker site...

30 mins levels

Structure:

Please note, times will be strictly adhered to and play will recommence even if all players are not in their seats.

5,000 starting chips

2.00pm  25-50

2.30pm  50-100

3.00pm  100-200

3.30pm  15 minute break

3.45pm 150-300

4.15pm 200-400

4.45pm 200-400  25

5.15pm  45 minute buffet break

6.00pm  300-600  50

6.30pm  400-800 100

7pm  600-1200 100

7.30pm  15 minute break

7.45pm  800-1600 200

8.15pm 1000-2000 200

8.45pm  1500-3000 300

9.15pm 15 minute break

9.30pm  2000-4000 400

10pm  3000-6000 500

10.30pm  4000-8000 500

11pm  5000-10000 1000

(break on hitting final table makes timings approx from around here)

11.30pm 6000-12000 1000

12am  8000-16000 1500

12.30am 10000-20000 2000

1am 15000-30000 3000

Lol this is Leeds Grosvenor were talking about.

It started exactly on time, & the Venue did an excellent job from start to finish, fulfilling every criteria we set them.

Should that not be either "every criterion" or "all of the criteria" ?

Your pedantically

x

You are, of course, entirely correct, Ralph, & are doing a good job during Mere's temoporary absence. Probably.

I was a shade tilted when I Posted, as it rather gets my goat when people who could not organise or run an Event to save their life freely & sarcastically diss Venues & organisations. It does not take a deal of intelligence to be sarcastic, but it is a neat trick to get Events like this to run smoothly.

The Event & the Venue worked well because Sky Poker, in particular Richard Prew, & the Venue Management, worked hard to ensure it did, "detail detail detail", & we were pretty sure that every criterion would be satisfied.

Then along comes a "lol, it's Grosvenor Leeds" smart arse comment. Marv.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 11, 2011, 06:35:24 AM »

Played the 15 quid hobby on Friday with what seemed all sky players from around the country. I really enjoyed it I must say, although I was a bit tired to show it at times. Very friendly and no moody crap I have seen in post poker tournaments. Got to final, met tikey and made some friends ) good night indeed.  Have to mention one hand early on for me, all in with my A J on a A J 6 flop and called by A A and J J and somehow I won with runner runner flush as I was walking away lol love poker

I was really pleased to meet you, Sir, & I'm delighted you had a grand evening.

It is SO good to meet "virtual" friends in real life. You are nothing even remotely like what I expected, but you are EXACTLY what I expected, too, if that makes sense.

I remembered vividly from 3 or 4 years back that you lived opposite "The Stray" in Harrogate, (I'm so jealous) but that apart, my mind was blank.

Was it you who had just become a Dad (again?), & if so, can you remind me of your daughter's name? OMG, my memory is so awful, & I met so many people at the weekend, but I have it in my mind that you have just become a Dad for the 2nd time, both of your children are girls, & the newly-born has a wonderful name, either Sophie, or Grace, or some similar "proper" old-fashioned name.

Now tell me I've confused you completely with someone else......

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 11, 2011, 06:36:59 AM »

Top Class job on the friendliest Poker tour around!

The Grosvenor were excellent, did a great job including two very good tournaments on Friday night

Dave

Thanks Dave. Neat weekend, eh?

If we did it again, we'd tweak a few things, smooth off a few rough edges, but we were pretty pleased with it overall.

Acidmouse

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 11, 2011, 10:11:32 AM »

Played the 15 quid hobby on Friday with what seemed all sky players from around the country. I really enjoyed it I must say, although I was a bit tired to show it at times. Very friendly and no moody crap I have seen in post poker tournaments. Got to final, met tikey and made some friends ) good night indeed.  Have to mention one hand early on for me, all in with my A J on a A J 6 flop and called by A A and J J and somehow I won with runner runner flush as I was walking away lol love poker

I was really pleased to meet you, Sir, & I'm delighted you had a grand evening.

It is SO good to meet "virtual" friends in real life. You are nothing even remotely like what I expected, but you are EXACTLY what I expected, too, if that makes sense.

I remembered vividly from 3 or 4 years back that you lived opposite "The Stray" in Harrogate, (I'm so jealous) but that apart, my mind was blank.

Was it you who had just become a Dad (again?), & if so, can you remind me of your daughter's name? OMG, my memory is so awful, & I met so many people at the weekend, but I have it in my mind that you have just become a Dad for the 2nd time, both of your children are girls, & the newly-born has a wonderful name, either Sophie, or Grace, or some similar "proper" old-fashioned name.

Now tell me I've confused you completely with someone else......

You go it right! Sophie born last Monday @) Two little girls now.

It was nice to me you and a few Sky people/players had a great night. The Park "Stray" is in full bloom and Valley gardens just off it is looking and smelling fantastic already. So many tourists though in Harrogate right now. Having to go to Bettys out of town instead of in the centre coz its so dam busy these days, making me grumpy. Smiley
Girgy85

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 11, 2011, 11:10:08 AM »

It was a joke grandad. Think you lost your sense of humour on the train upto Leeds!!!!!!!

Best poster Girgy IMO - Mantis

Girgy is my new hero! - Evilpie

Think Girgy has shown the best leopard instincts in this thread and would prob survive best in the wild. Eye of the tiger that fella - Mantis

Girgy is a m'fkn machine - Daveshoelace
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 11, 2011, 12:02:53 PM »

Satellites are now available for the next leg of the Sky Poker Tour, which is in Cardiff on the 23rd July http://bit.ly/Tournament_Lobby

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: