blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 05:11:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272431 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16944 Members
Latest Member: Blader
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Lessons from our Elder: "In the Well" with Rupert
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 ... 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Lessons from our Elder: "In the Well" with Rupert  (Read 35534 times)
Rupert
:)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: May 12, 2011, 03:06:45 PM »

Is there good live cash games u have tried/play on the uk?

Advantages of being an online pro....as opposed to live only...

Congrats btw...

i've played a few live cash games in uk only 1/2 tho and they're always good.  problem with live cash is it's soooooo boring so I just end up playing very liberally and trying to "own" people which isn't a very smart idea.  So I just steer clear

Get to surf facebook/twitter/forums/msn/skype etc while playing 6 tables instead of 1.  lower expenses

Rupert

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: May 12, 2011, 03:07:31 PM »

Do you nando's?

not really a fan but always seem to end up there when at DTD.  falls under tolerable

Rupert

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: May 12, 2011, 03:11:34 PM »

i'm going for a "tour of madrid" in an hour then got stars party at 8ish spain time but leave any qs

millidonk

I'm supposed to wear a shell.. I don't - SLUG LIFE

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 12, 2011, 03:13:41 PM »

my final question. What was your life roll and pokes roll before starting SR? what is it now...?

celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 12, 2011, 03:14:06 PM »

Do you nando's?

not really a fan but always seem to end up there when at DTD.  falls under tolerable

Hmmm, i think i may have just found a reason to dislike you Wink

Many congrats by the way, thoughts on dean morris?

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
Rupert

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: May 12, 2011, 03:14:26 PM »

my final question. What was your life roll and pokes roll before starting SR? what is it now...?

bout $100k, now bout $500k

Rupert

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: May 12, 2011, 03:15:14 PM »

Do you nando's?

dunno who that is Sad

millidonk

I'm supposed to wear a shell.. I don't - SLUG LIFE

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 12, 2011, 03:18:35 PM »

bout $100k, now bout $500k

mbn, nice one man. WP, G and thanks for answering my . £330 on a pair of shoes. To me that screams Baller, then i think to myself i have spent 3 times that, during one night in the strippers.. Sigh. Wish i bought some shoes. Thats without having staked someone who binked the sunmil, FML.

celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 12, 2011, 03:21:01 PM »

Do you nando's?

dunno who that is Sad

And all of a sudden, i like you a lot Smiley

All the best for the future.

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
Boba Fett
Doctor of Thugonomics

Pain is Temporary!

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 12, 2011, 03:25:01 PM »

Congrats

When building your roll originally, how long did you spend at lower limits before hitting 2/4,3/6,5/10?  How good was your BRM at the lower limits, did you take many shots playing higher to move up more quickly?

What do you think the biggest leaks are from pro tourney players with relatively little cash game experience in tourneys?  What is the most common leak for cash game regulars playing tourneys?

What advice would you give MTT'ers looking to switch to cash?

TY

Ya gotta crawl before ya ball!
redsimon

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 12, 2011, 03:30:24 PM »

Congrats on the win...

Do you still keep in touch with guys like Ben Mayhew or am I mixing you up with someone else?

Success has many parents but failure is an orphan

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk
Rupert

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: May 12, 2011, 03:32:29 PM »

Congrats

When building your roll originally, how long did you spend at lower limits before hitting 2/4,3/6,5/10?  How good was your BRM at the lower limits, did you take many shots playing higher to move up more quickly?

What do you think the biggest leaks are from pro tourney players with relatively little cash game experience in tourneys?  What is the most common leak for cash game regulars playing tourneys?

What advice would you give MTT'ers looking to switch to cash?

TY

I started with a $2k roll at NL50 once I graduated uni.  I felt pretty busto but lots of holidays and spending will do that to you.  Got up to like $4k then played NL100 for a while, don't have my HEM here but going from PTR I played like 50k hands at NL100 on party.  Then Keys/Tommo binked Estonia and I got like $10k from that and had a huge heater in December 09 when I won $30k at online MTTs.  I then played $1/2 for what seems like an eternity, probs in the region of 150k hands and started playing more live donkaments etc.  Had few hiccups, Oz '10 and Vegas '10 were expensive then just as I was moving up to 2/4 (played like 20k hands) and chopped the tilt mill for $155k which I saw like $60k of which was cool.  Then just pretty much grinded 2/4 for a while before deciding I was good enough to play 3/6 and 5/10.  I think 3/6 is significantly tougher than 2/4 though so will probs stick to 2/4-5/10 for a while.  Basically in 2 years i've gone from NL50 to NL1000.

Making really dumb bluffs with poor equity hands e.g. hand from berlin, guy opens UTG flat flat flop JTx, UTG checks, utg+1 bets, utg+2 raises, utg jams, utg+1 folds, utg+2 tank calls with 55.  Was most retarded hand ever.  UTG+2 is a stars pro fwiw and got himself in a bit of a pickle.  They also love to bluff when they are repping nothing just because they think their opponent is weak which is really good against bad players, however as long as most competent players have enough faith in an easy read then they are just burning $.  Cash game players are obv awesome in live tournies, but some of them aren't very good shortstackers and don't understand that most 20bb stacks aren't opening too light so their rejams with K4s are terrible.

Start low, play lots, watch lots of videos

Rupert

View Profile WWW
« Reply #57 on: May 12, 2011, 03:33:12 PM »

Congrats on the win...

Do you still keep in touch with guys like Ben Mayhew or am I mixing you up with someone else?

we see each other from time to time and chat occasionally.  always see him at christmas when everyone else is around.  i think he's still banned from here, lol

outragous76

Yeah Bitch! ......... MAGNETS! owwwh!

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 12, 2011, 03:36:24 PM »

just listening to the 2+2 poker cast - did you really 5 bet with T3 when 3 handed?

You do realise the hand is T4 right?  Cheesy

".....and then I spent 2 hours talking with Stu which blew my mind.........."
LeKnave

the end of days...

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 12, 2011, 03:36:51 PM »

just listening to the 2+2 poker cast - did you really 5 bet with T3 when 3 handed?

You do realise the hand is T4 right?  Cheesy

kitchens m8
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 ... 10 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: