blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 01:08:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272537 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Big Boxing Thread
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 ... 455 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Big Boxing Thread  (Read 1144052 times)
millidonk

I'm supposed to wear a shell.. I don't - SLUG LIFE

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 14, 2011, 09:56:02 AM »

Nice thread. Obviously Mayweather getting back in the game and fighting Ortiz on the 17th of Sept is abso massive. I would love for this to be a warm up fight for Mayweather v Pacman but i reckon he might need 1 or more 2 fights before that is ready to happen unless he is just after one last ultimate payday. I think i read that Pacquiao is only second to Mayweather in PPV figures but not sure how correct that is. either way i would give my left bollock to see that fight happen.

I think and hope Haye will dispatch Wlad Klitschko but i reckon a match up with Vitali would be a lot tougher. Wlad does not like to be hit and Corrie Sanders exposed his chin massively. I honestly think Haye will make it look easy.

MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 14, 2011, 12:38:03 PM »

I would be very surprised if Haye dispatched Wlad. Klitschko is taller, heavier, has a longer reach, got a great jab, rated as one of the hardest punchers in the division, and has a better record. Haye was a cruiserweight starting out and hasn't faced any world class oppos at heavyweight. The guy is quick and can bang a bit so obv has some sort of chance but I think the odds are heavily stacked against him.

I would also love to see Mayweather vs Pacman but don't think it happens. Mayweather doesn't want to lose his unbeaten record imo.

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: June 14, 2011, 12:43:55 PM »

Vlad has been caught cold on the chin a few times though by much lesser men, not saying I think Haye will knock him out but he certainly isnt invulnerable.
millidonk

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 14, 2011, 01:22:03 PM »

I would be very surprised if Haye dispatched Wlad. Klitschko is taller, heavier, has a longer reach, got a great jab, rated as one of the hardest punchers in the division, and has a better record. Haye was a cruiserweight starting out and hasn't faced any world class oppos at heavyweight. The guy is quick and can bang a bit so obv has some sort of chance but I think the odds are heavily stacked against him.

I would also love to see Mayweather vs Pacman but don't think it happens. Mayweather doesn't want to lose his unbeaten record imo.

What about Valuev? Much taller than Klitschko, much longer reach and wasn't even close to hurting Haye! Agree Wlad has got a very good jab and this is how he grinds out his wins. not seen much about him being the regarded as a power puncher comes from? he is massively defensive and wears people down. Haye has come up from cruiser retaining all the speed whilst amassing a disgusting amount of power.

As regards the brothers. Wlad has lost 3 and Vitali has lost 2. A large amount of Wlad's wins come from grinding down opponents with jabs and finishing them off in the last couple of rounds. Wlad's losses were horriffic were he got absolutely battered to pieces. Vitali won his first 26 fights by Knockout. He has taken on some big fights and apart from Lewis and Byrd has won them all. Wlad openly admits that Vitali is a better fighter but they would never fight each other.

I never actually liked Haye or respected him until i watched him at the O2, where he dispatched Enzo Maccarinelli with disgraceful ease.

Wlad's chin being tested:

I think if Mayweather was worried about his record he would have taken an easier fight than Ortiz. That kid can BANG. I hope both are fantastic fights. Please please watch Berto v Ortiz. Literally the best fight i have ever seen.

Also i think Pac man will do Mayweather.

danny_b

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 14, 2011, 01:23:45 PM »

I think the 9/1 about Haye winning on points is WAY too big. Although they can both bang, I don't think this will be a war. Haye is far more mobile than Vitali and Adam Booth is tactically very astute. Haye will have a strategy for 12 rounds and I just hope he doesn't get robbed by the notorious German judging..
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: June 14, 2011, 01:25:47 PM »

I think the 9/1 about Haye winning on points is WAY too big. Although they can both bang, I don't think this will be a war. Haye is far more mobile than Vitali and Adam Booth is tactically very astute. Haye will have a strategy for 12 rounds and I just hope he doesn't get robbed by the notorious German judging..

9/1? That is ridic, and were it outside of Germany I would say that was a steal.
millidonk

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 14, 2011, 01:32:28 PM »

If it goes to points he will lose imo, it might as well be 100/1. Booth massively knows his shit as he proved with my boy Georgie Groves. They will certainly have a plan 'in case' it goes that for. However Haye has won 19 out of 25 in the first 5 rounds with only 2 of them being the 5th. I am going big on Haye in the first 4. I honestly think Wlad is far too slow and has a glass jaw. Abso buzzing. Why can't it be July now!!!

Groves was 10-1 on points vs DeFail. I had a piece of that at the time. I just can't see this being even remotely close.

MANTIS01

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 14, 2011, 06:11:09 PM »

What about Valuev? Much taller than Klitschko, much longer reach and wasn't even close to hurting Haye! Agree Wlad has got a very good jab and this is how he grinds out his wins. not seen much about him being the regarded as a power puncher comes from? he is massively defensive and wears people down. Haye has come up from cruiser retaining all the speed whilst amassing a disgusting amount of power.

As regards the brothers. Wlad has lost 3 and Vitali has lost 2. A large amount of Wlad's wins come from grinding down opponents with jabs and finishing them off in the last couple of rounds. Wlad's losses were horriffic were he got absolutely battered to pieces. Vitali won his first 26 fights by Knockout. He has taken on some big fights and apart from Lewis and Byrd has won them all. Wlad openly admits that Vitali is a better fighter but they would never fight each other.

I never actually liked Haye or respected him until i watched him at the O2, where he dispatched Enzo Maccarinelli with disgraceful ease.

Wlad's chin being tested:

I think if Mayweather was worried about his record he would have taken an easier fight than Ortiz. That kid can BANG. I hope both are fantastic fights. Please please watch Berto v Ortiz. Literally the best fight i have ever seen.

Also i think Pac man will do Mayweather.

Valuev was a big dumb dancing bear buddy. Nowhere near world class and I don't remember him throwing a punch in the whole fight. Just like the Harrison fight. Wlad will be throwing punches though and it's Manny Stewart among many others who rate him as a big puncher. Wlad's losses you talk about were 6 or 7 years ago during a crisis in form. His defense first strat prob originates from those losses and is bad news for Haye considering his best chance to win is catching Wlad with his chin exposed. Since his return to form Wlad's been unbeaten for many years and unified WBO and IBF titles while dispatching some good names. Haye simply doesn't have that pedigree and a lot of belief in him is created from the hype the man himself generates. Haye is a pretty smart cookie and I think he's squeezing the pips out his commercial value before retiring a millionaire in a few months. But he's got to be a crazy underdog in this bout based on all the evidence, even so I hope he wins and will be cheering him on. 

Agree Vitali is better.

Mayweather is world class and knows in his heart he can beat Ortiz. Not sure he feels the same about pacman.

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Solaris

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 14, 2011, 06:19:51 PM »

Easily the biggest thing people seem to forget is the shape in which the majority of Wlad and Vitali's opponents turn up in. The like of Samuel Peters etc look super unfit and incapable of moving around for 12 rounds and as a result just walk in Wlad's jab. It staggers me that at world class level this boxers are turning up in the ring looking quite frankly fat. Insane.

Haye will bring supreme fitness and punching power to the fight which is why it would be extremely dangerous to write him off. That sad the caliber of opponents he has faced makes it hard to truly back him. Ruiz was over the hill, Valuev was a hit n run job and the rest aren't worth talking about. It should also be noted he is not exactly adverse to being dumped on his backside either and in Wlad we have a man whose jab is incredibly strong.

I'm massively undecided about this. Wlad is the favourite and rightly so, but the heavyweight division has been so unbelievable poor in recent years I don't quite know how to read into the Klitschko's domination of it.

milligan84, I used to think Floyd would win it too, but his constant ducking of Manny has left me to conclude otherwise! Think he needs the fight more than Manny to secure his legacy as Manny is just cleaning up all who come before him right now.
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 14, 2011, 08:54:36 PM »

It's a joke but Pretty boy won't fight Manny, to desperate to keep his 0 and Manny, altough not a certainty he'd be a big favourite imo.
millidonk

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 15, 2011, 08:52:26 AM »

I'm massively undecided about this. Wlad is the favourite and rightly so, but the heavyweight division has been so unbelievable poor in recent years I don't quite know how to read into the Klitschko's domination of it.

milligan84, I used to think Floyd would win it too, but his constant ducking of Manny has left me to conclude otherwise! Think he needs the fight more than Manny to secure his legacy as Manny is just cleaning up all who come before him right now.

Must have misread me, I have always said Manny would do Mayweather. Manni is far too fast, too quick, too strong and very aggressive. Mayweather is probably the best technical boxer that i have ever seen, could only see him winning on points by out boxing Manny.

Enjoying the debate on here. Imo i honestly feel people have overrated Wlad, hope the bookies prices follow suite.

Also i really don't think Mayweather is too worried about his 0 else surely he would take an easier fight than Ortiz? I read something along the lines of with Ortiz being the big up and comer right now, Mayweather wants to jump right in and show him who is boss then settle the PacMan debate once and for all. who knows? either way it is exciting times in boxing!

Bazzaboy

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 17, 2011, 05:51:59 PM »

The Klitschko's are very underrated in my opinion.  Both would have operated at the top level in any era although wouldn't have dominated as they have done in recent years.  Their style is not particularly pleasing on the eye hence why they don't get the credit they deserve.  Manny Steward has worked wonders with Wlad and Haye will find him a lot more difficult to tag than Corrie Sanders did all those years ago.  That said Haye is a pretty exceptional talent himself and Booth is an excellent cornerman (the Mourinho of the boxing world) so he is not without a chance.  Wlad will try and keep Haye on the end of his jab all night and for Haye to win the fight he will have to take risks.  He has the power to hurt Wlad but similarly Wlad could quite easily spark Haye.  It is the biggest fight in the Heavyweight division in years and it needs a Haye win.  If Wlad wins then the Klitschko's will coninue to dominate for another few years as there is not other challenger on the horizon.
millidonk

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 22, 2011, 07:48:13 PM »

Not sure if most people have seen this not. I hadn't until today. Worth a watch.

MANTIS01

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 22, 2011, 08:07:41 PM »

Really looking forward to this one. I like how Klitschko starts the face off with a lengthy and rather articulate monologue about Haye and when asked for his response Haye's first words are "He's clearly a dickhead"

Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 22, 2011, 08:31:30 PM »

Really looking forward to this one. I like how Klitschko starts the face off with a lengthy and rather articulate monologue about Haye and when asked for his response Haye's first words are "He's clearly a dickhead"

Klitschko does look a tad pissed off  Cheesy
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 ... 455 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: