blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 12:37:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Big Boxing Thread
Pages: 1 ... 110 111 112 113 [114] 115 116 117 118 ... 455 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Big Boxing Thread  (Read 1147146 times)
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1695 on: November 30, 2013, 10:55:10 AM »

Woodhall was/is a class act. I'd put McGuigan in the same category as well.

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
The Baron

View Profile
« Reply #1696 on: December 01, 2013, 10:54:14 AM »

Stevenson knocks out Bellew and almost immediately ducks Kovalev?
millidonk

I'm supposed to wear a shell.. I don't - SLUG LIFE

View Profile
« Reply #1697 on: December 01, 2013, 11:30:53 AM »

Just watched it on sky. Stevenson has so much power. 4 fights within a year and knocked all 4 out. If he hit Bellew again he wouldn't have walked out of the ring, Bellew was out cold on his feet. Missed the post fight interview. How do you mean ducking Kovalev? saw he said he needs a vacation which is fair enough imo.

Bazzaboy

View Profile
« Reply #1698 on: December 01, 2013, 11:36:33 AM »

Just watched it on sky. Stevenson has so much power. 4 fights within a year and knocked all 4 out. If he hit Bellew again he wouldn't have walked out of the ring, Bellew was out cold on his feet. Missed the post fight interview. How do you mean ducking Kovalev? saw he said he needs a vacation which is fair enough imo.

When asked about a fight with Kovalev he dismissed it and called out an OAP and a Super-Middle (Hopkins and Froch)
millidonk

I'm supposed to wear a shell.. I don't - SLUG LIFE

View Profile
« Reply #1699 on: December 01, 2013, 11:46:18 AM »

When asked about a fight with Kovalev he dismissed it and called out an OAP and a Super-Middle (Hopkins and Froch)

ahhhh. I see. That makes sense then. What a fish. Just watched Kovalev from last night. Them two would be a great match up, so much power. I would actually take Kovalev over Adonis as well as I think he has a better chin. Adonis is really good at not getting hit but that journeyman put him out when he tagged him. Forget his name.

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #1700 on: December 01, 2013, 11:56:41 AM »

Looked like he had been on the bugle when they interviewed him afterwards!

He was angling for those two, but to be fair, he did say if the money was right he didn't mind fighting Kovalev

<4.5 rounds?

The Baron

View Profile
« Reply #1701 on: December 05, 2013, 08:01:46 PM »

Bazza is AK done? Or us he just after that one fight vs PBF before wandering off into minor celebrity?
Bazzaboy

View Profile
« Reply #1702 on: December 05, 2013, 10:40:22 PM »

Bazza is AK done? Or us he just after that one fight vs PBF before wandering off into minor celebrity?

I'm not sure to be honest but I wouldn't be surprised if we have seen the best of him. He doesnt merit a fight with Floyd and I don't think he will get one. If he doesn't get one then I'm not sure where he goes next.
The Baron

View Profile
« Reply #1703 on: December 05, 2013, 10:53:27 PM »

Didn't he turn down Alexander?
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #1704 on: December 05, 2013, 11:10:09 PM »

I'd guess because he knew he would get beat meaning Floyd payday completely dead.
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #1705 on: December 05, 2013, 11:17:16 PM »

Mayweather will look bad imo if he fights Khan.
Bazzaboy

View Profile
« Reply #1706 on: December 06, 2013, 08:44:06 AM »

I'd guess because he knew he would get beat meaning Floyd payday completely dead.

This. As long as a fight with  Mayweather in May remains a possibility we won't see Khan in the ring before then.
Bazzaboy

View Profile
« Reply #1707 on: December 15, 2013, 08:51:07 AM »

The Broner hype train well and truly derailed.  I didn't think Maidana would be doing the derailing mind you. He was probably on the Ariza juice mind you as that was a career best performance by a distance.
The Baron

View Profile
« Reply #1708 on: December 15, 2013, 02:58:34 PM »

Bit shocked by the result but not nearly as much as before the Malinaggi fight.

We know Maidana has a ridic chin and can bang. Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #1709 on: December 15, 2013, 03:03:58 PM »

The Broner hype train well and truly derailed.  I didn't think Maidana would be doing the derailing mind you. He was probably on the Ariza juice mind you as that was a career best performance by a distance.

I missed the first few rounds, but watched the rest of the fight after Mond told me about it.

No doubt Broner will get a job on a 2nd rate soap once he's done with boxing. It was embarrassing watching him flailing around after Maidana stuck his head into his chin, and you'd have thought he had given him a full blown headbutt!

I chucked a tenner on the draw after 8 rounds, but was happy enough to lose it and see the right guy win.

Pages: 1 ... 110 111 112 113 [114] 115 116 117 118 ... 455 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: