blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 11:48:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Big Boxing Thread
Pages: 1 ... 113 114 115 116 [117] 118 119 120 121 ... 455 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Big Boxing Thread  (Read 1147122 times)
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1740 on: February 13, 2014, 03:38:03 PM »

what a surprise a remach with more trash talking etc. Think we all predicted this the day of the first fight

Getting as bad as WWE, wonder what the best result for the promoter will be this time!?

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
millidonk

I'm supposed to wear a shell.. I don't - SLUG LIFE

View Profile
« Reply #1741 on: February 13, 2014, 03:49:45 PM »

what a surprise a remach with more trash talking etc. Think we all predicted this the day of the first fight

Getting as bad as WWE, wonder what the best result for the promoter will be this time!?

Tighty. You are completely wrong on this account. It is not a surprise rematch, it is a justice ball. Groves had to make an official appeal to the ref's decision. The IBF ordered the rematch!

Then if you take into account the personal issues they don't like each other. It is that simple. It is going to be the biggest British boxing match in recent history.

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1742 on: February 13, 2014, 03:54:36 PM »

Tighty. You are completely wrong on this account. It is not a surprise rematch, it is a justice ball. Groves had to make an official appeal to the ref's decision. The IBF ordered the rematch!

Then if you take into account the personal issues they don't like each other. It is that simple. It is going to be the biggest British boxing match in recent history.

I was being facetious, of course its not a surprise, its completely expected

As a sports fan, and no more than a casual boxing fan, i feel the integrity of the whole thing is lacking

I doubted the result of the last contest wasn't a fix, I knew there would be a rematch and I know they will rake in millions from it from PPV and then the ridiculous press conferences when they trot out scripted nonsense and snarl at each other

Wish the whole thing would just grow up

Not really the sport I grew up watching on terrestial, but perhaps I am harking back idealistically to an era that will never return

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
vegaslover

View Profile
« Reply #1743 on: February 13, 2014, 04:55:19 PM »

As a sports fan, and no more than a casual boxing fan, i feel the integrity of the whole thing is lacking

I doubted the result of the last contest wasn't a fix, I knew there would be a rematch and I know they will rake in millions from it from PPV and then the ridiculous press conferences when they trot out scripted nonsense and snarl at each other

Not really the sport I grew up watching on terrestial, but perhaps I am harking back idealistically to an era that will never return

Completely agree
Bazzaboy

View Profile
« Reply #1744 on: February 13, 2014, 06:16:45 PM »

2/1 Groves is massive.  I'll be surprised if he is much bigger than 5/4 come fight night.
redarmi

View Profile
« Reply #1745 on: February 13, 2014, 06:42:35 PM »

2/1 Groves is massive.  I'll be surprised if he is much bigger than 5/4 come fight night.

Totally agree.  Groves on upgrade too whilst 6 months is a long time when you are Frochs age.  I'm not even sure I think Froch should be favourite....marginal fave at best for me.

McGlashan

View Profile
« Reply #1746 on: February 13, 2014, 07:06:05 PM »

I want want to see Carl Froch and George Groves fight, every bit as much, as I do not want to hear them talk.

It's close to a pick'em for me aswell.
The Baron

View Profile
« Reply #1747 on: February 14, 2014, 07:47:47 AM »

I grew up ready for Benn Eubank. Very similar ingredients to this fight....

Actually think if he stays outside this could be Groves at a canter.
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #1748 on: February 14, 2014, 08:15:53 AM »

This is not the boxers or sportsmens fault though is it?

It is totally media induced. In the old days guys would announce a fight, say a few words and box three months later, these days they must spend as much time being interviewed and with cameras or dictaphones shoved in their faces as they do in the gym. As a result they have to create an image, a scenario, and say something.

Pretty sure that, unless you're David Haye, most of these guys would be far happier without the press hounding them all the time.

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
McGlashan

View Profile
« Reply #1749 on: February 15, 2014, 10:58:15 PM »

Tyson Fury is absolutely at it on Boxnation right now!
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #1750 on: February 15, 2014, 11:16:17 PM »

Saw he'd weighed in at 274 but that's because he had a load of baggy clothes on, effectively concealing what his real weight was. Odd man.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
McGlashan

View Profile
« Reply #1751 on: February 15, 2014, 11:32:11 PM »

Play acting, it's big business.
The Baron

View Profile
« Reply #1752 on: February 21, 2014, 01:33:05 PM »

Saw he'd weighed in at 274 but that's because he had a load of baggy clothes on, effectively concealing what his real weight was. Odd man.

Might just be that he was fatter than he should have been and he knew it. This guy is terrible. Really hope someone does a job on him soon.
McGlashan

View Profile
« Reply #1753 on: February 21, 2014, 02:10:20 PM »

Peter Fury's words were he was an okay weight for that fight.
The Baron

View Profile
« Reply #1754 on: February 22, 2014, 10:15:56 AM »

Peter Fury's words were he was an okay weight for that fight.

Weight perhaps but that's not ok shape for any fight.
Pages: 1 ... 113 114 115 116 [117] 118 119 120 121 ... 455 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: