blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 07:09:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272716 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Big Boxing Thread
Pages: 1 ... 136 137 138 139 [140] 141 142 143 144 ... 455 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Big Boxing Thread  (Read 1153973 times)
redarmi

View Profile
« Reply #2085 on: September 25, 2014, 09:44:17 PM »

Wow I knew I had this bet but I didnt realise it expired at the end of 2014.  I would imagine that it still has a chance.  There are normally a bunch of decent fights in December so it could still happen.

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #2086 on: September 25, 2014, 11:48:58 PM »

Fight is off, and they're just going to have a competition to see who can act like the biggest twat...

Gotta favour the Eubanks. They sound like a nightmare to do business with.   

The more I hear that Saunders speak, the bigger an idiot he seems.

After that last video, I think I would root for Eubank, which is hard to do.

Bazzaboy

View Profile
« Reply #2087 on: September 27, 2014, 09:53:31 AM »

Abraham looks a very good 1/4 shot to me. Yes he's on the downgrade and he isn't the same force at 168 as he was at 160 but Smith is awful. He's not even the best super-middleweight in his family. How he has got this shot is a mystery. He twice he has stepped up before he has been dismantled by Degale and Groves who were 8 and 14 fight novices at the time.
scotty2hatty
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #2088 on: September 27, 2014, 10:15:50 AM »

Yeah, but he was on The Contender.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #2089 on: September 27, 2014, 11:32:55 PM »

This Smith not doing too badly.

McGlashan

View Profile
« Reply #2090 on: September 27, 2014, 11:43:36 PM »

Christ this is close.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #2091 on: September 27, 2014, 11:44:56 PM »

Hoping for some Matchroom scoring here...

McGlashan

View Profile
« Reply #2092 on: September 27, 2014, 11:49:15 PM »

Tenner at the draw in play?
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #2093 on: September 27, 2014, 11:52:11 PM »

Tenner at the draw in play?

Fiver at 90s...

Those 3 judges should be barred from boxing forever.

Matt.NFFC.

View Profile
« Reply #2094 on: September 28, 2014, 12:16:00 AM »

Absolutely disgusting...

Be interesting how many people can think of many sports where home bias by neutral referee(s) can be so obvious.

Makes the whole sport a laughing stock IMO.
malt vinegar

View Profile
« Reply #2095 on: September 28, 2014, 05:55:07 PM »

jim watt and his sidekick cant do right for doing wrong they got a load of stick for not saying how well kell brook was doing in his last fight and this week they have gone overboard on smith.

you wont go skint backing the opposite of jims scorecard either.

the official cards as usual were a joke nothing you can do about it i suppose

i read that the governing bodies are thinking of introducing half points into scoring so you get full credit for a dominant round etc - that would make it even more of a shambles i reckon
Bazzaboy

View Profile
« Reply #2096 on: September 29, 2014, 08:30:19 PM »

jim watt and his sidekick cant do right for doing wrong they got a load of stick for not saying how well kell brook was doing in his last fight and this week they have gone overboard on smith.

you wont go skint backing the opposite of jims scorecard either.

the official cards as usual were a joke nothing you can do about it i suppose

i read that the governing bodies are thinking of introducing half points into scoring so you get full credit for a dominant round etc - that would make it even more of a shambles i reckon

Watt should be pensioned off.

The cards were a joke but it was hardly a robbery. Most observers had Abraham winning. He was pretty awful though.
demetri1978

View Profile
« Reply #2097 on: September 30, 2014, 09:33:20 PM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D5cf8nsZgYA&feature=youtu.be
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #2098 on: October 08, 2014, 04:59:18 PM »

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/boxing/29520846

Great article this is and proves pretty much what i have always thought that the first five/ten fights of Joshua and other up and coming prospects really are value at 1/50 to win their fights as they genuinely can't lose.

"Promoters need ticket-sellers to survive," says Londoner Greaves. "The referees know this, the judges know this, the trainers, managers and boxers know this. So if it's anywhere near close against a ticket-seller, it's not going to go your way.
"Have a real go against some of these up and coming boys, don't play to the script, and the phone isn't going to go the following week. Upset people's plans and stop them making money and you're not going to get any work.
"My record says I won four fights but it was more like 34. But I didn't turn pro to get pats on the back, I only ever turned pro to put food down my family's necks. I lost and I lost well and that's the way boxing works."
Losing well means knowing every trick in the book. So while ignorant onlookers might see a bum labouring to yet another defeat, those in the know will see a craftsman at work, passing on his skills to an apprentice.

Makes it sound a lot more like WWE than most people ever thought!  These guys are making a good screw for losing though if they are getting a grand a fight 3 or 4 times a month.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2014, 05:18:03 PM by arbboy » Logged
Bazzaboy

View Profile
« Reply #2099 on: October 08, 2014, 05:57:05 PM »

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/boxing/29520846

Great article this is and proves pretty much what i have always thought that the first five/ten fights of Joshua and other up and coming prospects really are value at 1/50 to win their fights as they genuinely can't lose.

"Promoters need ticket-sellers to survive," says Londoner Greaves. "The referees know this, the judges know this, the trainers, managers and boxers know this. So if it's anywhere near close against a ticket-seller, it's not going to go your way.
"Have a real go against some of these up and coming boys, don't play to the script, and the phone isn't going to go the following week. Upset people's plans and stop them making money and you're not going to get any work.
"My record says I won four fights but it was more like 34. But I didn't turn pro to get pats on the back, I only ever turned pro to put food down my family's necks. I lost and I lost well and that's the way boxing works."
Losing well means knowing every trick in the book. So while ignorant onlookers might see a bum labouring to yet another defeat, those in the know will see a craftsman at work, passing on his skills to an apprentice.

Makes it sound a lot more like WWE than most people ever thought!  These guys are making a good screw for losing though if they are getting a grand a fight 3 or 4 times a month.

That is a good piece.

I can't think of a genuine prospect who has lost within their first 10 fights.  It doesn't happen for the reasons mentioned in that article
Pages: 1 ... 136 137 138 139 [140] 141 142 143 144 ... 455 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: