blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 12:21:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272484 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Big Boxing Thread
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 ... 455 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Big Boxing Thread  (Read 1138889 times)
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #135 on: July 03, 2011, 12:20:31 PM »

Disappointment for me is like Barry has said, heavyweight division now is pretty shit. One thing's for sure- Vitali would have destroyed Haye

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
The Baron

View Profile
« Reply #136 on: July 03, 2011, 12:35:32 PM »

I can see either a Haye retirement or a rematch. If the money is right Vlad would be crazy to turn it down as it's a relatively easy fight for him. I can't see why Haye would want to fight anyone else.
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #137 on: July 03, 2011, 12:45:04 PM »

I can see either a Haye retirement or a rematch. If the money is right Vlad would be crazy to turn it down as it's a relatively easy fight for him. I can't see why Haye would want to fight anyone else.

He would have to vacate most of his belts to fight Haye again, I doubt many governing bodies and number one contenders would be quiet about letting a rematch of such a one sided fight go ahead, I also cant really see many boxing fans buying it.

Oh wait, boxing is bent and fight fans are mugs, so it could happen.
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #138 on: July 03, 2011, 05:27:41 PM »

When proper fighter Joe Calzaghe fought Jeff Lacy he landed well over a thousand punches on his man during the bout. Haye landed just 57 punches throughout the whole fight and most of those were glancing off balance blows. The toe had nothing to do with Haye's reluctance to step inside and put himself in the danger zone, that was all about lacking heart. Gary Lineker still bangged in the goals with a gammy big toe and it's kinda more of a handicap for footballers. The disappoiniting thing is I thought Klitschko looked well beatable on the night if Haye had managed to find some courage. I would have liked to have known about the bad toe that prevents punches being thrown before I shelled out full dollar to watch a fight really. The idea of a rematch is horrible. Perhaps the winner of that bout could fight Audley Harrison and this endless circus in the heavyweights could continue. 

Completely agree with a Mantis post Wink

Lack of heart for me from Haye. Who knows what could have happened had he been willing to step out of his comfort zone and taken a few shots on the way in to try and land his own.

Some people last night were saying that they would have given more for the millions Haye got. Bet they wouldn't be willing to do all the training and early fights for no money in order to earn that purse though!

So, who is going to come along and rescue the heavyweight division seeing as it's not Haye?

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
millidonk

I'm supposed to wear a shell.. I don't - SLUG LIFE

View Profile
« Reply #139 on: July 03, 2011, 05:38:25 PM »

When proper fighter Joe Calzaghe fought Jeff Lacy he landed well over a thousand punches on his man during the bout. Haye landed just 57 punches throughout the whole fight and most of those were glancing off balance blows. The toe had nothing to do with Haye's reluctance to step inside and put himself in the danger zone, that was all about lacking heart. Gary Lineker still bangged in the goals with a gammy big toe and it's kinda more of a handicap for footballers. The disappoiniting thing is I thought Klitschko looked well beatable on the night if Haye had managed to find some courage. I would have liked to have known about the bad toe that prevents punches being thrown before I shelled out full dollar to watch a fight really. The idea of a rematch is horrible. Perhaps the winner of that bout could fight Audley Harrison and this endless circus in the heavyweights could continue. 

Lack of heart for me from Haye. Who knows what could have happened had he been willing to step out of his comfort zone and taken a few shots on the way in to try and land his own.

Some people last night were saying that they would have given more for the millions Haye got. Bet they wouldn't be willing to do all the training and early fights for no money in order to earn that purse though!

So, who is going to come along and rescue the heavyweight division seeing as it's not Haye?

David Price imo.Still a while to go but 11-0 and will have a shot at British title soon.

Bazzaboy

View Profile
« Reply #140 on: July 03, 2011, 05:52:01 PM »

David Price imo.Still a while to go but 11-0 and will have a shot at British title soon.

Long long way to go. for Price.  Has made a promising start but no more than that.  A fight with Chisora (assuming he beats Fury) will be a decent marker of where he is at.  I'd expect Del Boy to win that fwiw.
millidonk

View Profile
« Reply #141 on: July 03, 2011, 06:01:26 PM »

Long long way to go. for Price.  Has made a promising start but no more than that.  A fight with Chisora (assuming he beats Fury) will be a decent marker of where he is at.  I'd expect Del Boy to win that fwiw.

I can see Chisora dispatching Furey and would be very interested in seeing a Chisora V Price fight afterwards. I think Price has v. good footwork and hand speed especially for his size, he has also shown a decent chin. Price did a lot of sparring with Haye prior to last night, probs how he got his broken toe...Not gonna get overly excited though as i have been let down a lot with boxing recently. Looking forward to Ortiz v Mayweather then hopefully the big one after that. Fingers crossed.

mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #142 on: July 06, 2011, 10:27:31 AM »

Schaefer of Golden Boy quoted as saying Mayweather wants to get the fight on with Pacman after they both fight, one time let this be true and not just bs.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,,12183_7022302,00.html

PS Just lol at Kahn having any kind of chance vs pbf.
redarmi

View Profile
« Reply #143 on: July 06, 2011, 11:26:48 AM »

I really don't want to get my hopes up for a Pac-PBF fight as it has been so disappointing everytime it hasn't happened before

DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #144 on: July 06, 2011, 11:44:34 AM »

If Manny vs PBF never happens, it will be one of the saddest examples of the death of boxing. I hope to god that they have actually got it entirely planned and have for years, just milking it for all they can, but I am not holding my breath.
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #145 on: July 06, 2011, 11:46:22 AM »

I think the Pac - PBF fight is the only fight people still really want to see.
All other possible fights pale in comparison to this one.

Also think it will never happen Sad

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #146 on: July 06, 2011, 11:48:59 AM »

Next March in Vegas, plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.
millidonk

View Profile
« Reply #147 on: July 06, 2011, 11:49:21 AM »

I agree with it being the only fight the fans want to see, but i think and hope that it will happen.

FTW

boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #148 on: July 06, 2011, 11:53:33 AM »

I agree with it being the only fight the fans want to see, but i think and hope that it will happen.

FTW

Hope you're right

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #149 on: July 06, 2011, 12:07:43 PM »

FTW

Hope you're right

He's wrong, Mayweather won't be doing any chasing Smiley Other than that, spot on though.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 ... 455 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: