blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 01:45:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Big Boxing Thread
Pages: 1 ... 82 83 84 85 [86] 87 88 89 90 ... 455 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Big Boxing Thread  (Read 1138474 times)
Bazzaboy

View Profile
« Reply #1275 on: July 26, 2013, 07:53:53 PM »

Looking forward too hearing who Kells fighting next

Senchenko. Bit of a let down after Hearn's bluster.
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #1276 on: July 26, 2013, 08:03:34 PM »

Looking forward too hearing who Kells fighting next

Senchenko. Bit of a let down after Hearn's bluster.

Yes and no.

Not a pretty fighter but he's awkward. He's fought bigger fights than Brook.

It's not box office tho.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1277 on: July 29, 2013, 01:01:41 PM »

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/boxing/23489405

"Anthony Joshua, the 23-year-old Olympic gold medallist joined Hearn's Matchroom organisation after announcing his decision to leave the amateur code.  The 6ft 6in boxer will make his professional debut on 5 October. "

Terrific athlete, big unit, and not bad technically.  Will be interesting to see how he gets on as a pro.  Doesn't have a history as a boxer in the amateur game either, only took it up in 2007.  Will he go on to become world-class, or will he be another Audley or Price?

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
Bazzaboy

View Profile
« Reply #1278 on: July 29, 2013, 01:23:40 PM »

"Anthony Joshua, the 23-year-old Olympic gold medallist joined Hearn's Matchroom organisation after announcing his decision to leave the amateur code.  The 6ft 6in boxer will make his professional debut on 5 October. "

Terrific athlete, big unit, and not bad technically.  Will be interesting to see how he gets on as a pro.  Doesn't have a history as a boxer in the amateur game either, only took it up in 2007.  Will he go on to become world-class, or will he be another Audley or Price?

Very raw. Only had 40odd amateur fights. He benefitted from some questionable scoring at the Olympics to win gold imo. He is very much work in progress but it doesn't take much to make an impact in the heavyweight division these days. I expect he will blitz through the domestic opposition much like Price did.
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #1279 on: July 29, 2013, 01:25:13 PM »

Froch gonna crush groves . No contest

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1280 on: July 29, 2013, 01:29:24 PM »

Very raw. Only had 40odd amateur fights. He benefitted from some questionable scoring at the Olympics to win gold imo. He is very much work in progress but it doesn't take much to make an impact in the heavyweight division these days. I expect he will blitz through the domestic opposition much like Price did.

Yeah, definitely an unknown in terms of his ability.  He's a proper sportsman though, and not many heavyweights are athletes like that - so that's a big plus.

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
McGlashan

View Profile
« Reply #1281 on: August 10, 2013, 09:30:52 PM »

Deontay Wilder was in action again last night. The fact his Belarusian opponent hadn't for for 18 months gives you a clue which way this fight went Wink

The KO is well worth watching though and the whole fight will only take up 2 minutes of your time https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qyXOXgRVjxY

edit: the fight begins at 7:20
Leatherman

View Profile
« Reply #1282 on: September 04, 2013, 05:33:50 PM »

Let's get this Fred back on track

September big month for boxing

Mayweather vs Canello

Garcia vs Matthysse

Haye vs Fury

Can't waith for 14th going to be an upset  Wink

Satellite King
malt vinegar

View Profile
« Reply #1283 on: September 05, 2013, 11:36:12 AM »

burns on saturday night aswell - gotta improve from his last fight when he was losing on all the cards and the guy quit on him

a few good domestic level cards about aswell 21st has got 3 or 4 good fights on

whats your upset garcia to beat matthysse?? surely cant be mayweather??
McGlashan

View Profile
« Reply #1284 on: September 05, 2013, 12:16:21 PM »

I'm a huge Canelo fan, have bet on him several times and my words after the Trout fight were 'back him big vs anyone bar Mayweather'.   

Floyd by UD IMO as the guy simply does not get hit.
Leatherman

View Profile
« Reply #1285 on: September 05, 2013, 07:22:26 PM »

burns on saturday night aswell - gotta improve from his last fight when he was losing on all the cards and the guy quit on him

a few good domestic level cards about aswell 21st has got 3 or 4 good fights on

whats your upset garcia to beat matthysse?? surely cant be mayweather??

Will probably watch Burns but he was so lucky last time out against Gonelez I had a wager on Gonelez and he retired with 4 rnds too go.. Standard!!! Can't remember reason why but poor show considering it was a world title fight.

Yeh 21st looks a good night and I recently subscribed too BoxNation just incase I watch Mayweather fight at home and if on dodgy link and I lost connection it would probably be gg laptop. Joe Saunders vs Ryder will be good.

The upset will of course be Canello stopping Mayweather. 

Garcia will struggle vs Matthysse and should end up on his arse also.

Satellite King
malt vinegar

View Profile
« Reply #1286 on: September 05, 2013, 08:48:47 PM »

cant see canelo laying a glove on mayweather he can make anybody look daft. canelos never impressed me trout was his first real test and i scored it a lot closer

dont mind garcia at all i fancy him to nick it on points!!

should be a great night
redarmi

View Profile
« Reply #1287 on: September 06, 2013, 12:33:18 AM »

canelos never impressed me trout was his first real test and i scored it a lot closer

Wash your mouth out with soap and water....he fought "Magic" Matthew Hatton and "Spice Boy" Ryan Rhodes......

Leatherman

View Profile
« Reply #1288 on: September 06, 2013, 07:49:22 AM »

canelos never impressed me trout was his first real test and i scored it a lot closer

Wash your mouth out with soap and water....he fought "Magic" Matthew Hatton and "Spice Boy" Ryan Rhodes......

Lol...
Don't forget about sugar Shane Mosely

Trout had never been down before until Canello

Satellite King
McGlashan

View Profile
« Reply #1289 on: September 07, 2013, 08:23:59 PM »

See this Sky Sports undercard, is Calum Smith even in the same weight division as his opponent?
Pages: 1 ... 82 83 84 85 [86] 87 88 89 90 ... 455 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: