blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:45:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Big Boxing Thread
Pages: 1 ... 387 388 389 390 [391] 392 393 394 395 ... 455 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Big Boxing Thread  (Read 1138573 times)
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #5850 on: November 13, 2019, 10:39:58 AM »

Most viewed fight on DAZN and did more PPV buys in UK than any other fight in 2019. Edward rarely misses a trick.

Edward priced it at £9.99 didn't he so its not like for like price wise?   It wouldn't have done those numbers at the standard UK PPV entry price.  Still it is incredible how the world is changing and what vast quantities of younger consumers will pay a premium price for.   Tommy Fury has probably been 'laid out' since the summer for the next of these types of celeb fights rather than make his ring return on the undercard at the York Hall for £5k.

There was a great interview with Tyson Fury in the Sunday Times magazine last Sunday which is worth a read for boxing fans if you can get your hands on a copy online somewhere.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2019, 10:42:57 AM by arbboy » Logged
McGlashan

View Profile
« Reply #5851 on: November 13, 2019, 01:57:08 PM »

Most viewed fight on DAZN and did more PPV buys in UK than any other fight in 2019. Edward rarely misses a trick.

Edward priced it at £9.99 didn't he so its not like for like price wise?   It wouldn't have done those numbers at the standard UK PPV entry price.  Still it is incredible how the world is changing and what vast quantities of younger consumers will pay a premium price for.   Tommy Fury has probably been 'laid out' since the summer for the next of these types of celeb fights rather than make his ring return on the undercard at the York Hall for £5k.

There was a great interview with Tyson Fury in the Sunday Times magazine last Sunday which is worth a read for boxing fans if you can get your hands on a copy online somewhere.

That plain dry training meal Molly Mae cooked for Tommy went viral the other day. That was because he is getting a little fight before xmas, it'll be a 5k jobby, but the publicity is priceless. Your timing is off but you're there or thereabouts with his career path.
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #5852 on: November 13, 2019, 01:59:16 PM »

That plain dry training meal Molly Mae cooked for Tommy went viral the other day. That was because he is getting a little fight before xmas, it'll be a 5k jobby, but the publicity is priceless. Your timing is off but you're there or thereabouts with his career path.

The training meal was funny but Molly probably couldn't cook anything more edible and their PR people spun it that way.   
McGlashan

View Profile
« Reply #5853 on: November 13, 2019, 02:02:40 PM »

And it's not like any old promoter could pull it off if given the oppertunity. Was his daughter's idea aswell, imagine she's inline for a nice xmas bonus.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #5854 on: November 13, 2019, 02:38:32 PM »

And it's not like any old promoter could pull it off if given the oppertunity. Was his daughter's idea aswell, imagine she's inline for a nice xmas bonus.

Brick Top must be doing his nut.

Fast car living the dream bowling around LA in his $10 shades that he nipped Kugan for Cheesy

Billie Joe jumped ship, and the Yanks have all but taken Tyson from him, too.

Although he's got Dubois, who could develop into an awesome fighter.

Should keep the Copperbox busy in 2020, though Grin

Bazzaboy

View Profile
« Reply #5855 on: November 13, 2019, 03:05:10 PM »

It was priced lower so not exactly like for like. However I’m not sure that demand would be all that price sensitive. I’d love to see a breakdown of buyers, I suspect a decent percentage of them would be first time buyers of PPV boxing. I didn’t contemplated getting it and no boxing fans I’ve spoken to bought it. This was a completely different fan base to the usual boxing PPV. Either way I’m fairly sure this won’t be the last fight of this ilk that Edward puts on.
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #5856 on: November 13, 2019, 03:18:56 PM »

It was priced lower so not exactly like for like. However I’m not sure that demand would be all that price sensitive. I’d love to see a breakdown of buyers, I suspect a decent percentage of them would be first time buyers of PPV boxing. I didn’t contemplated getting it and no boxing fans I’ve spoken to bought it. This was a completely different fan base to the usual boxing PPV. Either way I’m fairly sure this won’t be the last fight of this ilk that Edward puts on.

It's a no brainer for Eddie to do this.  It's like a separate business division though and hardly comparable to proper PPV championship boxing.   Fair play to him for giving it a spin though plenty wouldn't have gambled.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #5857 on: November 13, 2019, 04:38:37 PM »

Wasn't much of a gamble, just had to admit he'd gotten it wrong, and take some flak, which he gets all the time anyway Cheesy

He thought it was a pisstake first time around, but when he saw the numbers it was generating he realised there was an angle.

Kugan posted that ifl got ~11m views over 24 hours in the aftermath, which is insane as the onyl videos there that get tons of views are fast car and AJ.

Smart for the boxers that got themselves involved, as I'm sure they picked up some followers on the back of it.

License to print for them all.

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #5858 on: November 13, 2019, 10:07:04 PM »

Eddie talking about them getting tucked up by a lookalike Ed Cheesy

Found it here, lol.

Bazzaboy

View Profile
« Reply #5859 on: November 14, 2019, 08:20:06 AM »

There’s shameless and then there is Eddie. We had the tears a couple of weeks ago when a fighter died on one of his shows, highlighting the dangers of the sport. Fast forward a few weeks and known drug cheat Chavez Jnr refuses to give a sample to VADA and therefore gets suspended by NSAC. Does Eddie sack him off? Nope he gets on the blower to other commissions until he finds one that will let the fight go ahead. Can’t risk losing a few pounds notes.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #5860 on: November 14, 2019, 11:43:00 AM »

There’s shameless and then there is Eddie. We had the tears a couple of weeks ago when a fighter died on one of his shows, highlighting the dangers of the sport. Fast forward a few weeks and known drug cheat Chavez Jnr refuses to give a sample to VADA and therefore gets suspended by NSAC. Does Eddie sack him off? Nope he gets on the blower to other commissions until he finds one that will let the fight go ahead. Can’t risk losing a few pounds notes.

They said he should have taken the test, but he wasn't signed up to fight yet?

Surely it's up to Jacobs, and if he's not happy it doesn't go ahead?

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #5861 on: November 14, 2019, 11:46:23 AM »

Found them talking about it, and thankfully not in the middle of a long one.

I had a look, but could only find he'd been done for cannabis on first search.

Bazzaboy

View Profile
« Reply #5862 on: November 14, 2019, 03:24:29 PM »

He’s failed for a diuretic too. Whether or not Jacobs is happy to fight is irrelevant. There are loads of clips out there if Eddie condemning drug cheats in the past, however when it impacts his ability to earn a pound note he’s happy to turn a blind eye. Never change Eddie. The sport is a joke for rewarding drug cheats. Yildirim has been handed a World Title shot despite testing positive for two banned substances.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #5863 on: November 14, 2019, 04:54:16 PM »

He’s failed for a diuretic too. Whether or not Jacobs is happy to fight is irrelevant. There are loads of clips out there if Eddie condemning drug cheats in the past, however when it impacts his ability to earn a pound note he’s happy to turn a blind eye. Never change Eddie. The sport is a joke for rewarding drug cheats. Yildirim has been handed a World Title shot despite testing positive for two banned substances.

Ah, I didn't see anything on diiuretics, but only spent a few minutes looking and then my workmail started blowing up. I don't disagree, but feel it's a bit harsh to saddle him with all the blame. They're all as bad as one another, but figuers he is the one that's going to get the most flak when he's the busiest in media etc.

Yildrim probably needed some social narcotics as well, to get over getting sparked by junior Cheesy

McGlashan

View Profile
« Reply #5864 on: November 14, 2019, 05:31:18 PM »

Lazy old Chavez Jr rocking up in the shape of his life is setting off alarm bells. A month out and even his gargantuan mug looks slimmer. Commissions know who they want to test.
Pages: 1 ... 387 388 389 390 [391] 392 393 394 395 ... 455 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: