blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 12:43:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Big Boxing Thread
Pages: 1 ... 449 450 451 452 [453] 454 455 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Big Boxing Thread  (Read 1138431 times)
Bazzaboy

View Profile
« Reply #6780 on: October 06, 2022, 06:21:12 PM »

Yeah too much money involved for it not to happen. Always felt it was an odd one by Eddie to throw his rising star in with someone he was likely to lose against, especially given his very safe matchmaking thus far. I guess he needed the name to try and sell the PPV and their history obviously meant the fight would do decent numbers. At least I don’t need to feel dirty for buying it now at whatever exorbitant price they were charging for it Cheesy
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #6781 on: October 06, 2022, 07:28:11 PM »

Yeah too much money involved for it not to happen. Always felt it was an odd one by Eddie to throw his rising star in with someone he was likely to lose against, especially given his very safe matchmaking thus far. I guess he needed the name to try and sell the PPV and their history obviously meant the fight would do decent numbers. At least I don’t need to feel dirty for buying it now at whatever exorbitant price they were charging for it Cheesy

I said to my mate, it makes sense for everyone involved. Eubank would have to fight until he's 40 to get the dough he's getting from this one fight, and Conor can just crack on at 147 whatever happens. Massive freeroll for him, before today. Now he's juiced up, he's going to have to do it without clauses etc, and likely be in a bit more bother Cheesy

I had almost ringside seats for a good price, so am double gutted. Going to ring up and make sure I can get the same seats when they rearrange it now. I don't feel bad about paying for anything, it's only a round of drinks, or a (small) takeaway in 2022!

McGlashan

View Profile
« Reply #6782 on: October 06, 2022, 07:44:41 PM »

I said to my mate, it makes sense for everyone involved. Eubank would have to fight until he's 40 to get the dough he's getting from this one fight, and Conor can just crack on at 147 whatever happens. Massive freeroll for him, before today. Now he's juiced up, he's going to have to do it without clauses etc, and likely be in a bit more bother Cheesy

I had almost ringside seats for a good price, so am double gutted. Going to ring up and make sure I can get the same seats when they rearrange it now. I don't feel bad about paying for anything, it's only a round of drinks, or a (small) takeaway in 2022!

You're a bit unlucky they never squeezed the fight through. Reducing the weight clauses gives Benn a slither of good PR when it gets rescheduled.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #6783 on: October 06, 2022, 09:44:21 PM »

You're a bit unlucky they never squeezed the fight through. Reducing the weight clauses gives Benn a slither of good PR when it gets rescheduled.

Yeah, but definitely the best thing all around it wasn't.

Unlikely to have happened, given he's fought much bigger men/punchers than Benn, but imagine if he got McLellan'd.

Going to be weird, because he's either going to be at a massive disadvantage, or there's not much chance of him being back down at 147 too quickly!

If

McGlashan

View Profile
« Reply #6784 on: October 13, 2022, 08:18:16 PM »

Benn is taking more stick than most but it feels like it's apt in comparison with our big heavyweights who've gotten off relatively Scott free.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #6785 on: October 13, 2022, 08:56:36 PM »

Benn is taking more stick than most but it feels like it's apt in comparison with our big heavyweights who've gotten off relatively Scott free.

YouTubers and TalkSport loving it, as they can make a fortune out of ad revenue until it all plays out.

Biggest fight for years, so no surprise it's caused the biggest stir.

Interesting to see how it all plays out, and Kalle must be glad it was in association with Fast Car, and not Bricktop. He has almost skated off scott free Cheesy

McGlashan

View Profile
« Reply #6786 on: October 15, 2022, 09:17:23 PM »

I'll be shocked if Marky hasn't bet the draw in one of these main events.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #6787 on: October 15, 2022, 09:51:48 PM »

I'll be shocked if Marky hasn't bet the draw in one of these main events.

So much boxing today!!

Only got up for Paro's fight, and that was nicely finished.

Hearn talking up their heavyweight for a UK H/Weight beano, by the sounds of it.

Marshall fight should be good, and hope this Baumgardner gets banging!

I've not bet anything today, but looking forward to Wilder & Haney later.

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #6788 on: October 15, 2022, 11:11:34 PM »

I have backed the draw in this one, though.

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #6789 on: October 16, 2022, 12:23:41 AM »

Shields fast start left Marshall chasing.

Great fight, and right result.

Baumgardner while the more aggressive, definitely looked to be outclassed by Mayer, though.

McGlashan

View Profile
« Reply #6790 on: October 16, 2022, 02:11:30 AM »

I was more pro Baumgardner than the comms were. I'm also more pro wilder than most.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #6791 on: October 16, 2022, 02:15:12 AM »

I was more pro Baumgardner than the comms were. I'm also more pro wilder than most.

I had the comms off, but Mayer looked to do much the better work. Just Alycia's was the more eyecatching, so guess that's what the judges liked.

Did laugh when I looked on Twitter after the fight, and see some guy going mental at Hearn for the scorecards Cheesy

I've got Devin on one of my work monitors and Wilder on the TV (once the UFC is done)

McGlashan

View Profile
« Reply #6792 on: October 16, 2022, 03:51:26 PM »

I had the comms off, but Mayer looked to do much the better work. Just Alycia's was the more eyecatching, so guess that's what the judges liked.

Did laugh when I looked on Twitter after the fight, and see some guy going mental at Hearn for the scorecards Cheesy

I've got Devin on one of my work monitors and Wilder on the TV (once the UFC is done)

I gave Baum the first 3 rounds plus 3 more, but was on the draw.

Kambosos squaring up almost put me to sleep. Talking of going to sleep I felt a little sorry for the big viking goofball, less so for Dirrell getting dirt shovelled on him though.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #6793 on: October 16, 2022, 04:58:39 PM »

I gave Baum the first 3 rounds plus 3 more, but was on the draw.

Kambosos squaring up almost put me to sleep. Talking of going to sleep I felt a little sorry for the big viking goofball, less so for Dirrell getting dirt shovelled on him though.

Baumgardner is good value, and hopefully they can make the fight with Choi for it all.

I enjoyed the Haney fight as well. Definitely better than the first one, and think it was just much like AJ & Usyk, in that Haney just has his number.

Amazing how good Haney is at such a young age, and some great fights to make for him next year, too.

Thatt was a crazy punch, given it looked such short shot, and he was literally asleep.

I wondered what all the bad blood was there, until I turned the interview on. Great punch!

Bazzaboy

View Profile
« Reply #6794 on: October 20, 2022, 08:44:59 PM »

Fury v Chisora is shameful.
Pages: 1 ... 449 450 451 452 [453] 454 455 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: