blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 04:17:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  simple online mtt question
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: simple online mtt question  (Read 1948 times)
Coggy

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2011, 09:33:12 AM »

Agree re: targeted 3betting but think if you are 4betting light anymore than very occasionally at stakes of <$33 then you are getting too fancy.  You can pretty much just wait and let them spew off.  Tonight in a $11 turbo i was playing I saw someone limp then 4bet shove UTG with KJ and that kind of play isn't that rare really.

That might of been me :-)

Pharo

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 05, 2011, 09:38:10 PM »

It depends what you're calling Tight ABC Poker, because in my experience most people that think they're playing Tight ABC Poker are really playing Tight BAD Poker.

Being successful at poker is about understanding the situations that are evolving around you and taking advantage of them. When someone says they play ABC poker it usually means they ignore the situational part of the game and just play their cards. You'll never be good at MTTs doing that. You need to change how you play to match the table dynamics. That's why pleno says to put huge pressure on at the Bubble and FT. Not because he has maniacal tendencies but because the situation has changed to one where a lot of the players are suddenly scared to put chips in the pot. Looking for and understanding these changes is, to me, all part of ABC poker.

In any MTT you should be getting looser as the tourney continues. Being tight is okay at the beginning when you have 100BBs but being tight at the end is a sin. If you are usually making it to the mid stages but rarely making it further then in all likelihood this is the problem.

Besides, how are you ever going to improve if you don't play some hands and make some mistakes? And how are you going to have any fun? Loosen up!
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: