blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 12:21:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272591 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  It's Just a Ride
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 [9] Go Down Print
Author Topic: It's Just a Ride  (Read 34293 times)
VBlue

View Profile
« Reply #120 on: July 24, 2013, 11:02:43 PM »

Hi all.  Thanks for reading.  Thanks AJ for the congratulations.

I think the diary is running out of steam at the moment.  I'm still playing some bowl online MTTs a couple of times per week, but not been working on my game at all - so just rec. for me.

Gonna try and play Blackpool in Sept and another event or two in Newcastle and Carlisle - funds allowing.  Need a score soon.

I think what I want to do more of now is paid writing and get my online site launched.  Probably a better outlet for the kind of stuff I want to write, which doesn't fit with my diary.  Will pick up some kind of blog there too, but not sure exactly on the direction of that.  I'll come up with something.

Will continue to read others' diaries and stay on the fringes of the community. 

Much love.
VBlue

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: November 17, 2014, 04:20:44 PM »

Sixteen months on and an afternoon spent catching up on what I have written previously.

Life has taken some very big steps forward.  

The Piranah started a midwifery degree at UCLAN in September, selected for one of about twenty-six places from over eight-hundred applicants, and with no medical background.  She also had to put in two-hundred hours study to complete an access course as a condition of her offer.  Despite initial plans for her to commute, we have moved out of our Kendal home and in with her parents, about ten minutes from Blackpool.  She is placed at Blackpool Victoria hospital.  We are having our house valued and put on the market, probably after Xmas.  It costs me £8.5k a year to keep it on, even after our lodger's income, and we might come out with £40k-£50k equity.  A nice deposit to have in three years' time when we plan to buy following The Piranha's completion of her course and subsequent anticipated return to full-time employment.

Jesse is coming up one years old, and Roscoe will be three in a few weeks time.  More on these two little rascals in future posts.

I have finally had success moving my career on and I'm going back to financial services, in sales, with a massive amount of confidence and positivity towards the role, the business, and my own ability to succeed.

I have played poker a sum total of once since about last September.  Brief Blackpool 'Keystone Cops' trip report on that to follow.

I am still writing for 888, but mainly web content for tournament pages.  It isn't fun, I don't enjoy it, but I am rattling off much of the work at a very quick rate and so my hourly has sky-rocketed.

In the last month I have got back on the forums.  Well, here anyway.  BBP has gone. APAT is deadly.  Hendon Mob is a joke.

I've also got back into some wider interest; Jared Tendler's Mental Game podcasts, reading up on poker news, following a few people on Twitter, etc.  Really, really up for a game.

I think the Blackpool cash games are there for the taking and have lots to ask the forum before I make a plan to get them with some regularity.

I really have good focus on on an approach to getting back into poker -  sats, couple of live tournaments of decent size (if I sat), live cash - certainly no time to devote to getting back into an online grind regularly - or even occasionally at the moment.

Good to be back properly and I hope to have more to write about soon, although initially it won't be very regularly.

« Last Edit: November 17, 2014, 04:28:57 PM by VBlue » Logged
HutchGF

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: November 24, 2014, 09:06:44 PM »

I play regularly in Blackpool.

Hit me up if you want a chat about what's on and what the games are like.
VBlue

View Profile
« Reply #123 on: November 28, 2014, 07:57:09 PM »

I play regularly in Blackpool.

Hit me up if you want a chat about what's on and what the games are like.
Thanks man. Will do. Might be end Jan before I can get over for a game. I'll probably just play a tourney one night while I get a wee roll together and then look at finding a cash game.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 [9] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: