blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 10:42:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Holiday Advice (New York)
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Holiday Advice (New York)  (Read 4618 times)
redarmi

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: July 18, 2011, 12:18:51 PM »

Surprised people are saying to gon somewhere else.  NY is just about the greatest city in the world and I don't think it has to be expensive really either unless you want to eat at top restaurants etc.  Pretty much wherever I go these days i use the priceline name your own price thing and I ended up with a room at the Intercontinental on 44th street for $100 a night so it doesn't have to be crazy expensive for accomodation if you are flexible.  In terms of places to stay then basically anywhere in Manhattan is fine.  You are going to be doing a lot of travelling around and walking so as long as you are below 100th street is fine and even Harlem is fairly decent these days.

If you want as close as you can get a. American working class experience then get yourself out to Belmont Park or Aqueduct for a days racing.  Trains from Grand Central Station and if you have a winning day treat yourself to some oysters and bubbly from the Oyster bar at the station on your way back.

boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: July 18, 2011, 12:39:24 PM »

Don't get me wrong, if it was up to me MrsB and myself would always go to NY on our holidays. Only reason I said to go somewhere else was because I thought Girgy and his mate each only had 1.5K to spend for the entire thing. If you have plenty money; NY wins every single time, for me.

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
Girgy85

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 18, 2011, 02:53:31 PM »

Were mates and both want to visit NYC if I wanted advice on where's best to go for a stag do I'd of put that in the title.

We may just do 5 days but upto £1.5k is fine for accom and flights. Gonna take about same again for spends.

Best poster Girgy IMO - Mantis

Girgy is my new hero! - Evilpie

Think Girgy has shown the best leopard instincts in this thread and would prob survive best in the wild. Eye of the tiger that fella - Mantis

Girgy is a m'fkn machine - Daveshoelace
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: July 18, 2011, 02:59:44 PM »

Were mates and both want to visit NYC if I wanted advice on where's best to go for a stag do I'd of put that in the title.

We may just do 5 days but upto £1.5k is fine for accom and flights. Gonna take about same again for spends.

Then you'll be fine and have the time of your life. NY rules...simples.

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
Longy
Professional Hotel Locator.
Learning Centre Group

Go Ducks!

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 18, 2011, 04:36:15 PM »

That's cool and as redarmi mentioned Priceline "name your own price" is the nuts for decent hotels at a reasonable price. Though I did try and fail with NY last year upto $150 might well have been the dates I was going. Hotwire is a good back up if you fail with priceline.

Girgy85

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 18, 2011, 05:35:43 PM »

Cool cheers for all the recomendations.

Best poster Girgy IMO - Mantis

Girgy is my new hero! - Evilpie

Think Girgy has shown the best leopard instincts in this thread and would prob survive best in the wild. Eye of the tiger that fella - Mantis

Girgy is a m'fkn machine - Daveshoelace
Josedinho

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 18, 2011, 07:20:54 PM »

I went 2 years ago with mates. Had a really good time. Can't offer any advice on accommodation as we stayed with a friend.
Only advice would be to sort out what you want to do when you're there before you go. The lads I went with weren't bothered about any of the touristy stuff we went to Central Park one day and also visited ground zero. I really wanted to go up Empire State but the others just wanted to hit a bar. One day we went and they were queuing out the door so I had no chance persuading them. Luckily we passed it later in the week and it was dead and they came along.
Probably easier when there is only two of you but you don't want to spend all that cash and feel like you've missed out on something you really wanted to do.
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: