blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 12:38:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272534 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  blonde NFL Fantasy League 2019/20
Pages: 1 ... 282 283 284 285 [286] 287 288 289 290 ... 383 Go Down Print
Author Topic: blonde NFL Fantasy League 2019/20  (Read 616143 times)
Sheriff Fatman
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #4275 on: August 14, 2018, 10:37:28 PM »

I've approved it on the site, so feel free to make the pick.

"...And If You Flash Him A Smile He'll Take Your Teeth As Deposit..."
"Sheriff Fatman" - Carter the Unstoppable Sex Machine

2006 Blonde Caption Comp Ultimate Champion (to be replaced by actual poker achievements when I have any)

GUKPT Online Main Event Winner 2008 (yay, a poker achievement!)
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4276 on: August 14, 2018, 11:22:23 PM »

2.07 Christian Kirk WR Arizona

Horneris OTC

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #4277 on: August 14, 2018, 11:49:44 PM »

Updated list:

1.01   Saquon Barkley RB (NYG)    
1.02   DJ Moore WR (Car)      
1.03   Sony Michel RB (NE)      
1.04   Rashaad Penny RB (Sea)    
1.05   Royce Freeman RB (Den)    
1.06   Kerryon Johnson RB (Det)
1.07   Ronald Jones RB (TB)    
1.08   Baker Mayfield QB (Cle)
1.09   Calvin Ridley WR (Atl)  
1.10   Nick Chubb RB (Cle)

2.01   Derrius Guice RB (Was)
2.02   Mike Gesicki TE (Mia)
2.03   Lamar Jackson QB (Bal)
2.04   Courtland Sutton WR (Den)
2.05   Anthony Miller WR (Chi)
2.06   James Washington WR (Pit)
2.07   Christian Kirk WR (Ari)

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
Sheriff Fatman
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #4278 on: August 15, 2018, 12:02:48 AM »

It's been a while since I re-posted my league guidelines in the thread, so am copying them here for everyone's information.  As we now have both myself and Tal with Commish access it's a good opportunity to do this, so that we can aim to adopt a consistent approach throughout.  We're now into seasons 8 and 5 respectively of the redraft and dynasty leagues, and have avoided any major issues in that time over the application of rules.  I'd like to think that most of it is common sense, but there is scope for subjectivity in some areas, which is what these guidelines are intended to clarify.  

For clarity, any references to the Commish or me in the below now should be treated as myself and/or Tal.  The one change this now enables is that any dispute which involves either one of us can be left to the other one to rule upon as an 'independent' person, but I'm not envisaging a sudden upsurge in issues, so hopefully these will continue to be largely for reference.

There are 3 main areas where I want to set out guidelines:

1) Trades
As last year, the trade veto is set to the Commish having veto power, rather than a league vote as you may see in other leagues you play.  This isn't a shot a world domination, just a means to make the league run more smoothly.  If a trade gets put to the vote, it usually takes 2-3 days to be processed while the vote stays open, causing frustration if a trade takes place near game-time and doesn't happen that week (even worse if someone in the trade then gets injured before it processes and all hell breaks loose).  Having it referred to me is purely a means to speed things up when trades are agreed between teams.  Basically, if you're unhappy with a trade then get in touch ASAP and I'll review it, but we won't have an automatic 48-72hr voting period until it gets processed.

The general guideline is that I'm not going to police stupidity, hence 'bad'/uneven trades that you manage to agree are fine (and in some cases to be admired!)  I'll only intervene if I suspect there's collusion, or if someone complains and I review and uphold the complaint (the review process generally being to ask the managers to justify it from their viewpoint).  Provided there's a valid explanation from each manager as to why it benefits their team, then that should generally suffice.  Consequently, I'd be surprised if I need to take any action on any trades during the season, so I don't expect this to actually have any material impact on the trade process.

I'll obviously try to get trades processed ASAP once notified, but please be mindful of the review process, especially close to gametime, as I can't always guarantee to be available.  However, we've had no major issues to date and I intend for this to continue.

2) Abandoned Teams
Pretty much the only thing I ask of managers who join the league is that they continue to manage their teams to the end, no matter how badly they're doing.  The reason for this is that the integrity of the league depends on everyone staying involved.  This season is the first time I've been over-subscribed for the league (we've had one reserve who I couldn't accomodate this time around) so we now have the possibility of replacing managers in future seasons if they don't abide by these principles.

For clarity, all I'm talking about here is taking the 10 minutes each week to set your best available line-up and, in particular, to deal with players on bye weeks or with long-term injuries so that they're not sitting in your starting line up.  I can live with occasional lapses, but am more concerned with persistent, sustained abandonment which will likely result in someone not being invited back next year.

However, in the event that a team does become abandoned, then the treatment I will adopt is to do nothing with their team in terms of changing it's line up.  This is the fairest method available as the advantage/disadvantage to other managers is effectively random (i.e. I don't know at this point who will benefit from this, whereas any intervention at the time will have a clear outcome in terms of creating and advantage/disadvantage for someone, potentially myself).

The one exception is if someone maliciously abandons their team and dumps all the players back into the free agent pool (where the advantage of this would depend on the current waiver priority).  In this case, I will intervene to return the abandoned team to it's previous state, before then treating as an abandoned team as above.

3) Unforeseen Events/Site Errors
I'm mentioning this one as the site sometimes creates some uncertainty as to how it will deal with something (e.g. league tie-breakers, or play-off seeding).  Generally, if something of this nature arises, the principle I try to apply is to replicate how the real NFL works.  If the site appears to be doing something contrary to this, and it has an impact on the integrity of the league in my opinion (i.e. a No1 seed being given a disadvantageous play-off draw due to a miscalculation by the site) then I will intervene as necessary to correct this.  If so, I will always attempt to give notice of my intentions on the thread, so that objections can be raised in advance.

2006 Blonde Caption Comp Ultimate Champion (to be replaced by actual poker achievements when I have any)

Horneris
#5 BH

View Profile
« Reply #4279 on: August 15, 2018, 02:07:51 AM »

Mark Walton, RB, Cincy

bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #4280 on: August 15, 2018, 02:25:56 AM »

Is it my turn to pick yet Tal?

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #4281 on: August 15, 2018, 06:50:36 AM »

Is it my turn to pick yet Tal?

Umm...errr...ummm...

Nearly?

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
the sicilian

View Profile
« Reply #4282 on: August 15, 2018, 09:28:48 AM »

Gallup WR Dallas

Just because you don't like it...... It doesn't mean it's not the truth
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #4283 on: August 15, 2018, 12:35:09 PM »

With the 20th pick of the 2018 Blondepoker Dynasty Rookie Draft, the Arkansas Gravediggers select...

Nyheim Hines, Running Back, Indianapolis Colts

Click to see full-size image.

Back to Absolutely Gash at 3.01.

LeKnave

the end of days...

View Profile
« Reply #4284 on: August 15, 2018, 04:24:39 PM »

With pick 3.01 of the 2018 draft The Absolutely Gash select;

D J 'The Phenom' Chark
Wide Receiver
Jacksonville Jaguars

MattyHollis is on the clock
MattyHollis

View Profile
« Reply #4285 on: August 15, 2018, 05:02:36 PM »

Jordan Wilkins IND RB
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #4286 on: August 15, 2018, 05:44:05 PM »

1.01   Saquon Barkley RB (NYG)     
1.02   DJ Moore WR (Car)       
1.03   Sony Michel RB (NE)      
1.04   Rashaad Penny RB (Sea)     
1.05   Royce Freeman RB (Den)    
1.06   Kerryon Johnson RB (Det)
1.07   Ronald Jones RB (TB)    
1.08   Baker Mayfield QB (Cle) 
1.09   Calvin Ridley WR (Atl)  
1.10   Nick Chubb RB (Cle)

2.01   Derrius Guice RB (Was)
2.02   Mike Gesicki TE (Mia)
2.03   Lamar Jackson QB (Bal)
2.04   Courtland Sutton WR (Den)
2.05   Anthony Miller WR (Chi)
2.06   James Washington WR (Pit)
2.07   Christian Kirk WR (Ari)
2.08   Mark Walton RB (Cin)
2.09   Michael Gallup WR (Dal)
2.10   Nyheim Hines RB (Ind)

3.01   DJ Chark WR (Jax)
3.02   Jordan Wilkins RB (Ind)

Blacklaw's Braves are on the clock at 3.03.

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4287 on: August 16, 2018, 10:51:15 AM »

3.03 Blacklaw's Braves Hayden Hurst TE Ravens

note: screenshot below confirms

upcoming

3.04   Dr. Mantis Toboggan   
3.05   My Tight End Ertz   
3.06   Injured Reserves
3.07   Vegas Venoms   
3.08   Injured Reserves through Spider2YBanana   
3.09   Tifosi Blackhearts     
3.10   ArkansasGravediggers

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Sheriff Fatman
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #4288 on: August 16, 2018, 10:57:07 AM »

Was tied up at work when the message landed from David, but it's the same request as already posted by Tighty.

bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #4289 on: August 16, 2018, 11:00:44 AM »

Do we have a finalised date for the redraft league draft night bud?

tx

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”
Pages: 1 ... 282 283 284 285 [286] 287 288 289 290 ... 383 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: