blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 07:26:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272539 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  blonde NFL Fantasy League 2019/20
Pages: 1 ... 301 302 303 304 [305] 306 307 308 309 ... 383 Go Down Print
Author Topic: blonde NFL Fantasy League 2019/20  (Read 616368 times)
the sicilian

View Profile
« Reply #4560 on: October 11, 2018, 07:03:44 PM »

Any one else think the official NFl site is ridic with adverts ?..almost unusable some times the amount of pop ups and ads all over the place

Just because you don't like it...... It doesn't mean it's not the truth
bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #4561 on: October 11, 2018, 07:09:57 PM »

Any one else think the official NFl site is ridic with adverts ?..almost unusable some times the amount of pop ups and ads all over the place

It is really bad isnt it, their new game pages are awful too.

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4562 on: October 15, 2018, 03:52:22 PM »

bobby1 good match up this week, could of gone either way in the late game last night

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4563 on: October 18, 2018, 03:06:15 PM »

LOL

https://twitter.com/MatthewBerryTMR/status/1052303507754246149

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4564 on: October 19, 2018, 02:21:06 PM »

i think i might as well write this weeks match up off already 32points for a defense WTF

Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #4565 on: October 19, 2018, 03:23:40 PM »

Redraft league trade (i know...)

Carlsen Kibitzers receive
Alshon Jeffery
Emmanuel Sanders

Absolutely Gash receive
Joe Mixon
George Kittle

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4566 on: October 19, 2018, 10:03:54 PM »

Alshon Jeffery
Emmanuel Sanders

Absolutely Gash receive
Joe Mixon
George Kittle

sorry i forgot i needed to approve trades not sure how many of you have me on facebook i know some have but drop me a PM on there i am open to PMs from strangers aswell as friends espically if i havent approved it after a couple of hours or if its close to kick off (alistair Ironside fowler)

Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #4567 on: October 19, 2018, 10:23:13 PM »

Alshon Jeffery
Emmanuel Sanders

Absolutely Gash receive
Joe Mixon
George Kittle

sorry i forgot i needed to approve trades not sure how many of you have me on facebook i know some have but drop me a PM on there i am open to PMs from strangers aswell as friends espically if i havent approved it after a couple of hours or if its close to kick off (alistair Ironside fowler)

Only did it today, Iron, so won't be in effect until next week's games.

No rush.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #4568 on: October 20, 2018, 11:39:38 AM »

bobby1 good match up this week, could of gone either way in the late game last night

Cracking wasn't it. I was so far behind I had stopped checking the score and then when I did look I needed one more Kansas possession and a bit of luck for a huge steal.

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4569 on: October 20, 2018, 02:41:32 PM »

Alshon Jeffery
Emmanuel Sanders

Absolutely Gash receive
Joe Mixon
George Kittle

No rush.

they should be available tomorrow unless they were on thursdays game

Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #4570 on: October 20, 2018, 02:45:38 PM »

Alshon Jeffery
Emmanuel Sanders

Absolutely Gash receive
Joe Mixon
George Kittle

No rush.

they should be available tomorrow unless they were on thursdays game

Oh...

Marv.

Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4571 on: October 22, 2018, 03:14:51 PM »

Hunt has got me back in the matchup but needing a return to the endzone performance from JJ and some non stellar performance from your guys Curtis

Sheriff Fatman
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #4572 on: November 13, 2018, 10:07:13 AM »

DLeague Update / Ruling:

I had a couple of people contact me over the weekend who were unhappy about the use of the IR slot positions by our runaway leaders, #freejoshgordon, in their matchup with me.  For those who've not noticed this, which included myself initially, they currently have three players designated 'Out' (Jamison Crowder, Randall Cobb and AJ Green) in three of their IR slots, which effectively creates 3 additional usable slots on their roster for team changes.  They used them this week to pick up a kicker and a defense late on Sunday to cover bye weeks and injuries in those positiions.

I've discussed this with Tal, in his role as Co-Commish, prior to posting this as I'm conscious that I was the manager directly impacted by these changes.  At the time prior to last night's game they were showing as heavy favourites to win our matchup, but I woke up this morning to see that I'd won the fixture (thanks for keeping me out of 10th place, OBJ).  However, if this had involved two other managers or if I'd lost the fixture, the conclusion which follows would not change.

Essentially, the changes made by #freejoshgordon are possilble due to Yahoo changing the way IR slots work compared to when the league was set up initially.  At that time, only players designated 'IR' would trigger the IR slot showing on screen and players added to those slots couldn't subsequently be moved out of them again that season.  I'm not sure exactly when the functionality changed, possibly before the start of this season, and presumably in response to the changes to the real-life IR designations that have occurred in recent seasons (where players are now eligible to return after sitting out a number of weeks).  However, a quick scan of Yahoo's site rules shows that IR slots are now open to players designated as 'IR', 'PUP' and, most controversially, 'O' (Out).  The IR slot is also reversible in-game, so a player on IR can be moved back onto the active roster without any minimum waiting period.
 Unhelpfully, Yahoo gives me no option to adjust these rules within the settings, which would have been the simplest way to deal with the situation as league Commish, by keeping the settings as a non-reversible 'IR' slot only, so we basically have to live with this functionality being there.

This software change fundamentally changes the nature of the IR slots in our league and my gut reaction is to say well played to David and Rich for spotting and exploiting it.  To be clear, they haven't broken any rules with these changes, as these are actions that the site allows.  However, the site changes have resulted in these slots being available to be used in a way that was never intended in this league.  It doesn't break the rules, but if there was a way I could amend the settings to prevent it, I would do so, so it's best described as being against the spirit of why the IR slots are there.

In terms of what to do about it, I could simply ban it and rely on everyone to abide by the rules as they were originally intended.  The problem with this is that this is reliant on manual policing of internal roster changes and is therefore very difficult to enforce.  In the worst case scenario, it would require all sorts of manual unravelling of roster changes which, in my view, should only be used as a last resort measure.  Consequently, I think it's unworkable.

The alternative option, which I also don't like but which does allow the league to operate without much interference, is to flag these software changes up to everyone so that there's no longer a knowledge gap between managers which can be exploited, and to allow the IR slots to be used in this way for the remainder of the season.  I'm doing this now, ahead of the next round of waivers, so that everyone has an opportunity to factor this into their thinking with regard to pickups for this week.

Longer-term I will review options ahead of the start of next season as to how we can make things work better.  This could include removal of all IR slots completely from our league, or looking at alternative sites where there is more flexibility in the settings (if one exists) or to see if Yahoo's settings next year allow me to amend the settings as I would like.  We could also continue with these amended rules in place, but I will throw it open to manager feedback before we start next season's draft.

Hopefully this message provides sufficient clarity to why I've taken this decision.  I don't like it, but it's the best available option of a set of crappy options.  I also want to re-iterate that #freejoshgordon haven't broken any league rules.  They've managed to discover and exploit a loophole that I wish Yahoo hadn't allowed to be there (guys: if you ever want to change careers, tax planning is tailor-made for you).  Consequently, I'm not taking any action against them.  However, I do think it's only fair to eliminate the knowledge gap and clarify the situation going forward so that everyone can assess if/how they wish to use it.

"...And If You Flash Him A Smile He'll Take Your Teeth As Deposit..."
"Sheriff Fatman" - Carter the Unstoppable Sex Machine

2006 Blonde Caption Comp Ultimate Champion (to be replaced by actual poker achievements when I have any)

GUKPT Online Main Event Winner 2008 (yay, a poker achievement!)
LeKnave

the end of days...

View Profile
« Reply #4573 on: November 13, 2018, 01:07:55 PM »

Don’t hate the player
LeKnave

the end of days...

View Profile
« Reply #4574 on: November 13, 2018, 01:09:33 PM »

Except Odell.  Always hate Odell. 
Pages: 1 ... 301 302 303 304 [305] 306 307 308 309 ... 383 Go Up Print 
« previous next »