blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 06:57:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272608 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  blonde NFL Fantasy League 2019/20
Pages: 1 ... 336 337 338 339 [340] 341 342 343 344 ... 383 Go Down Print
Author Topic: blonde NFL Fantasy League 2019/20  (Read 618550 times)
ForthThistle

View Profile
« Reply #5085 on: July 15, 2020, 06:53:38 PM »

Hi,
Can we please get dates for the Redraft Draft and the Rookie Picks for Dynasty please.

only 50 days or so till were back on.

Thanks.

ps. happy to assist where needed.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2020, 06:59:36 PM by ForthThistle » Logged

APAT NLHE Southern European Champion 2010
Take on Tikay February League Winner 2011

Rastafish throws himself headfirst into the railbirds, arms outstretched but the sea of bodies parts and Rastafish misses and crashes through the barrier on all fours.
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #5086 on: July 15, 2020, 07:14:07 PM »

the redraft league if Mrs Bobby1 is happy to take the money again will be on the monday evening after the final preseason game

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #5087 on: July 15, 2020, 08:24:33 PM »

Yes she’s fine to control the cash for the redraft league Ironside.  Any news re the D league draft Curtis?

2 weeks (hopefully) til training camp starts.

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”
Stevef31

View Profile
« Reply #5088 on: July 15, 2020, 10:31:45 PM »

I'll be happy to join the redraft league fellas if you are short of numbers. I play in a few others each year so know how it all works etc.
bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #5089 on: July 17, 2020, 01:01:44 AM »

I can vouch for Stevef31 as we played in fantasy NFL leagues together many years ago. He will absolutely take it seriously. He's a big Detroit and Huddersfield Town fan so I guess somewhere 35 to 40 years ago they must have both been good at the same time/week.

He was the first guy I ever saw do a 6fer2 trade in about week 4 one year of a redraft league, he gave the 6 up for 2 btw.

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”
Sheriff Fatman
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #5090 on: July 17, 2020, 09:02:08 AM »

Hi All

I'll do a catch up of the DLeague over the weekend and get things in motion for the draft to start ASAP, ideally next weekend if feasible.

"...And If You Flash Him A Smile He'll Take Your Teeth As Deposit..."
"Sheriff Fatman" - Carter the Unstoppable Sex Machine

2006 Blonde Caption Comp Ultimate Champion (to be replaced by actual poker achievements when I have any)

GUKPT Online Main Event Winner 2008 (yay, a poker achievement!)
Stevef31

View Profile
« Reply #5091 on: July 17, 2020, 09:33:27 AM »

I can vouch for Stevef31 as we played in fantasy NFL leagues together many years ago. He will absolutely take it seriously. He's a big Detroit and Huddersfield Town fan so I guess somewhere 35 to 40 years ago they must have both been good at the same time/week.

He was the first guy I ever saw do a 6fer2 trade in about week 4 one year of a redraft league, he gave the 6 up for 2 btw.

I'm not old enough to remember either of Town or the Lions being any good mate, as you know.!!
bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #5092 on: July 18, 2020, 12:36:33 AM »

Hi All

I'll do a catch up of the DLeague over the weekend and get things in motion for the draft to start ASAP, ideally next weekend if feasible.

Excellent.

bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #5093 on: July 18, 2020, 12:38:53 AM »

I'm not old enough to remember either of Town or the Lions being any good mate, as you know.!!

There’s always this season mate. Just need to get that defensive coach to play some D.

ForthThistle

View Profile
« Reply #5094 on: July 20, 2020, 04:34:24 PM »

Hi All

How did you get on Curtis?

Rastafish throws himself headfirst into the railbirds, arms outstretched but the sea of bodies parts and Rastafish misses and crashes through the barrier on all fours.
Sheriff Fatman
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #5095 on: July 22, 2020, 10:48:20 AM »

How did you get on Curtis?

Push everything I advised earlier back by a week, as currently snowed under at work.

2006 Blonde Caption Comp Ultimate Champion (to be replaced by actual poker achievements when I have any)

ForthThistle

View Profile
« Reply #5096 on: July 29, 2020, 06:30:33 PM »

Hi Curtis,
Any update to this and can i help in anyway shape or form?.

We need to start the Draft for the Dynasty this weekend IMO.

As i said anything i can do to help please let me know.

bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #5097 on: July 30, 2020, 01:55:07 AM »

Tbh with no pre season games this season and still no final Deadline Date that players have to choose to opt out of the season I fancy we might be better off waiting with the D league draft.

Damien Williams has chosen to opt out of the season tonight leaving A hole at RB for Kansas behind CEH.  Devin Funchess opted out last night Leaving the Packers without their new WR. There have been plenty of decent D players opting out already too.

I’m not sure there is a lot to gain by drafting when we don’t  yet know what the full list of players still in the league this season will be for at least another week or so.

If Ronald Jones chose to opt out then Vaughan becomes a more valuable D league player . If someone drafts Vaughan this weekend and he decided to Opt out then he’s  almost worthless at his current draft position.

It just feels like too many unknowns with almost 6 weeks til the first game to draft with this level of uncertainty around.

« Last Edit: July 30, 2020, 02:02:51 AM by bobby1 » Logged

Sheriff Fatman
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #5098 on: July 30, 2020, 09:56:38 AM »

Tbh with no pre season games this season and still no final Deadline Date that players have to choose to opt out of the season I fancy we might be better off waiting with the D league draft.

Damien Williams has chosen to opt out of the season tonight leaving A hole at RB for Kansas behind CEH.  Devin Funchess opted out last night Leaving the Packers without their new WR. There have been plenty of decent D players opting out already too.

I’m not sure there is a lot to gain by drafting when we don’t  yet know what the full list of players still in the league this season will be for at least another week or so.

If Ronald Jones chose to opt out then Vaughan becomes a more valuable D league player . If someone drafts Vaughan this weekend and he decided to Opt out then he’s  almost worthless at his current draft position.

It just feels like too many unknowns with almost 6 weeks til the first game to draft with this level of uncertainty around.

Hi All

Part of the delay in doing anything relates to the issues the bobby1 mentions here.  I've been trying to evaluate how to address this within our league, as it is going to have the potential to mess up rosters disproportionately.

One league I'm part of, which drafted a few weeks ago, have added an extra IR slot to their structure.  We already use the full quota on Yahoo so there's no additional allowance for this (unless they build it in going forward).

The best solution I can think of so far is some sort of allowance where opted-out players can be dropped for this season and replaced, and then picked up again in the following year.  However, this in itself would cause complications depending on whether you had to pick up the dropped player, or it was optional, etc.

The situation is evolving quite rapidly at the moment, so the natural instinct is to delay the draft until as late as possible, albeit we need to have sufficient time for our process to complete over the course of several days.

Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #5099 on: July 30, 2020, 10:07:45 AM »

Opted out is really like the player doing his ACL in training camp. It should only be for one season. It can happen to anyone. Unless one of us is overwhelmingly affected compared to everyone else, I'm happy for it to be just taken as rough with the smooth. We don't want people being unable to put a team out, but it could easily be that the fringe starter on your roster suddenly becomes a bottom end WR1 because of opportunity.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
Pages: 1 ... 336 337 338 339 [340] 341 342 343 344 ... 383 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: