blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 09:24:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272596 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  blonde NFL Fantasy League 2019/20
Pages: 1 ... 374 375 376 377 [378] 379 380 381 382 383 Go Down Print
Author Topic: blonde NFL Fantasy League 2019/20  (Read 617919 times)
bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #5655 on: July 01, 2021, 06:43:20 PM »

My thoughts are I’m happy to go str8 to having the league on Sleeper. It’s a more up to date site, slicker too. I can live with the cartoon Troll things above the teams. The real big advantage tho is once we move it to there it will run itself each season with just a minor bit of work v the absolute ball ache it seems to be in the Yahoo site.

Cheers

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”
KarmaDope

View Profile
« Reply #5656 on: July 01, 2021, 08:18:39 PM »

Happy to go with the majority assuming we can have 5xIR slots.
ForthThistle

View Profile
« Reply #5657 on: July 01, 2021, 08:25:54 PM »

Yes I will look at the IR spots tomorrow and turn off the mascot shite.

APAT NLHE Southern European Champion 2010
Take on Tikay February League Winner 2011

Rastafish throws himself headfirst into the railbirds, arms outstretched but the sea of bodies parts and Rastafish misses and crashes through the barrier on all fours.
bergeroo

View Profile
« Reply #5658 on: July 03, 2021, 04:20:01 PM »

Sleeper is really usable and everything rolls over each season - so I would be more than happy to move over. Should be able to customise roster sizes and IR slots however you want. The only sticking point I can see as if somehow can't put settings the same, maybe for waivers or something like that?
ForthThistle

View Profile
« Reply #5659 on: July 04, 2021, 03:09:11 PM »

Okay Guys.

I have updated the new members to there respective Teams. We are now outstanding 2 Teams: Free Josh Gordon (Rich Hare) and Vegas Venoms (Adam Sharples). I can try and message both.

If you also look now i have added 5 x IR spots too.

Let me know if we need to amend anything else or any further questions.

Rastafish throws himself headfirst into the railbirds, arms outstretched but the sea of bodies parts and Rastafish misses and crashes through the barrier on all fours.
ForthThistle

View Profile
« Reply #5660 on: July 04, 2021, 06:36:57 PM »

Bear with me guys.

Im trying to set up the Supplemental Rookie Draft.

ForthThistle

View Profile
« Reply #5661 on: July 04, 2021, 06:51:34 PM »

All sorted.

I have set up the Rookie draft.

I will amend the Draft order and then i just need the Future Picks and who has traded what. I can fix that too.

Thanks.

KarmaDope

View Profile
« Reply #5662 on: July 04, 2021, 07:05:19 PM »

Dynasty housekeeping.

2021 Draft Order

Firstly, the draft order, when it comes, will be (based on finishing position - see the number before each team):

7 ChipRich/LeKnave (#freejoshgordon)
8 SteveF31 (Alabama Ding Dong)
9 Bergeroo (Kreuzberg 36ers)
10 Sicilian (Tifosi Blackhearts)
5 Tal (ArkansasGravediggers)
6 Bobby1 (Spider2yBanana)
3 KarmaDope (Vegas Venoms)
4 Ironside (IronRunAllOverUrSide)
2 Forth Thistle (LamarYouSerious!!!)
1 TightEnd (PersonManCameraTV)

Trades

I've been going through the thread to get the trades together.

Ironside owns Sicilian's 2021 2nd round pick
Tal owns ChipRich/LeKnave's 2021 2nd round pick
Tal owns KarmaDope's 2021 3rd round
Tal owns TightEnd's 2021 2nd round pick
Bobby1 owns Ironside’s 2021 4th round pick
Sicilian owns Bobby1’s 2021 3rd round pick
Bergeroo owns Ironside’s 2021 2nd round pick
Ironside owns Bobby1’s 2021 2nd round pick
But then Bergeroo owns Bobby1’s 2021 2nd round pick (from Ironside)
Bobby1 owns Ironside’s 2021 1st round pick
Bergeroo owns ChipRich/LeKnave’s 2021 1st round pick
ChipRich/LeKnave own Bergeroo’s 2021 3rd round pick

Six round draft order

Pick   Blonde Username   2020 Team Name   Notes
1.01   Bergeroo    (Kreuzberg 36ers)   Through ChipRich/LeKnave
1.02   Stevef31    (Alabama Ding Dong)   
1.03   Bergeroo    (Kreuzberg 36ers)   
1.04   Sicilian    (Tifosi Blackhearts)   
1.05   Tal   (ArkansasGravediggers)   
1.06   Bobby1    (Spider2yBanana)   
1.07   KarmaDope   (Vegas Venoms)   
1.08   Bobby1    (Spider2yBanana)   Through Ironside
1.09   Forth Thistle    (LamarYouSerious!!!)   
1.10   TightEnd    (PersonManCameraTV)   

2.01   Tal   (ArkansasGravediggers)   Through ChipRich/LeKnave
2.02   Stevef31    (Alabama Ding Dong)   
2.03   Bergeroo    (Kreuzberg 36ers)   
2.04   Ironside    (IronRunAllOverUrSide)   Through Sicilian
2.05   Tal   (ArkansasGravediggers)   
2.06   Bergeroo    (Kreuzberg 36ers)   Through Bobby1 and Ironside
2.07   KarmaDope   (Vegas Venoms)   
2.08   Bergeroo    (Kreuzberg 36ers)   Through Ironside
2.09   Forth Thistle    (LamarYouSerious!!!)   
2.10   Tal   (ArkansasGravediggers)   Through TightEnd

3.01   ChipRich/LeKnave   (#freejoshgordon)   
3.02   Stevef31    (Alabama Ding Dong)   
3.03   ChipRich/LeKnave   (#freejoshgordon)   Through Bergeroo
3.04   Sicilian    (Tifosi Blackhearts)   
3.05   Tal   (ArkansasGravediggers)   
3.06   Sicilian    (Tifosi Blackhearts)   Through Bobby1
3.07   Tal   (ArkansasGravediggers)   Through KarmaDope
3.08   Ironside    (IronRunAllOverUrSide)   
3.09   Forth Thistle    (LamarYouSerious!!!)   
3.10   TightEnd    (PersonManCameraTV)   

4.01   ChipRich/LeKnave   (#freejoshgordon)   
4.02   Stevef31    (Alabama Ding Dong)   
4.03   Bergeroo    (Kreuzberg 36ers)   
4.04   Sicilian    (Tifosi Blackhearts)   
4.05   Tal   (ArkansasGravediggers)   
4.06   Bobby1    (Spider2yBanana)   
4.07   KarmaDope   (Vegas Venoms)   
4.08   Bobby1    (Spider2yBanana)   Through Ironside
4.09   Forth Thistle    (LamarYouSerious!!!)   
4.10   TightEnd    (PersonManCameraTV)   

5.01   ChipRich/LeKnave   (#freejoshgordon)   
5.02   Stevef31    (Alabama Ding Dong)   
5.03   Bergeroo    (Kreuzberg 36ers)   
5.04   Sicilian    (Tifosi Blackhearts)   
5.05   Tal   (ArkansasGravediggers)   
5.06   Bobby1    (Spider2yBanana)   
5.07   KarmaDope   (Vegas Venoms)   
5.08   Ironside    (IronRunAllOverUrSide)   
5.09   Forth Thistle    (LamarYouSerious!!!)   
5.10   TightEnd    (PersonManCameraTV)   

6.01   ChipRich/LeKnave   (#freejoshgordon)   
6.02   Stevef31    (Alabama Ding Dong)   
6.03   Bergeroo    (Kreuzberg 36ers)   
6.04   Sicilian    (Tifosi Blackhearts)   
6.05   Tal   (ArkansasGravediggers)   
6.06   Bobby1    (Spider2yBanana)   
6.07   KarmaDope   (Vegas Venoms)   
6.08   Ironside    (IronRunAllOverUrSide)   
6.09   Forth Thistle    (LamarYouSerious!!!)   
6.10   TightEnd    (PersonManCameraTV)   

I believe that's where we are today. Speak up if you spot a wrong step, by all means. Not the easiest thing to keep tabs on.

Bergeroo's rebuild won't take long, by the looks of it!

Davie, draft details here
KarmaDope

View Profile
« Reply #5663 on: July 04, 2021, 07:20:37 PM »

Below are some various admin bits, mostly repeats of things from previous seasons, but brought forward for easy reference.  Hopefully, it includes all the draft related stuff for Steve, but please shout if any queries.

Draft Timings and Deadlines
Deadlines will work as per last year's system, which worked pretty well overall.  Timings will be determined by the blonde site's timestamp on posts, if any issues.  Pick 1.01 will be on the clock from 7pm this evening which, with the overnight break, should allow sufficient time for everyone to catch up.

"In an attempt to try to keep the draft moving along a little more quickly, I'm proposing a change to the draft timings.  Rather than give everyone 24 hours to complete each pick, my suggestion would be to allow a 12 hour window for each pick, but with the clock not running between 11pm and 8am each day (so essentially, someone would have 20 hours available if the time ran into this period).  People would still be free to make picks in this time, but the 12hr clock wouldn't kick in for the next person until 8am the following morning, giving that person until 8pm to make a pick."

If anyone misses the deadline for their pick, the clock will move onto the next pick in the draft.  Anyone with a missed pick can make this up at any time by posting their pick on the thread, but this will not undo any picks that have taken place in the interim (i.e. you can't suddenly decide that you wanted the player(s) that were chosen ahead of you.

One new rule I'm adding for this year, due to a controversy from last season which I've just also re-lived is that a single 12 hour limit (still allowing for the overnight shutdown) will apply once the draft has reached a single person remaining (i.e. when the other 9 managers have opted out) for that person to make any remaining picks.  There will not be a rollover of pick limits (i.e. 12 plus 12 plus 12, etc).

Opting out of further draft picks
Managers can opt out of making further draft picks by declaring themselves "Done" when they're on the clock for a pick.  This is a one-shot deal, so you can't skip a round and opt back in later.  Once you've declared yourself done, that's it for this year.

Please only do this when you are on the clock for a pick that you've not yet made, as having a load of upcoming picks suddenly disappear potentially impacts strategy for other managers.  In particular, please try and avoid making a pick and then declaring yourself done for the following round.  I understand that this is well-intentioned, but still potentially gives someone, somewhere an advantage.  Declaring yourself done when you are not on the clock is the major no-no I want to avoid (not that this has been a historical issue for us) and anyone doing so will forfeit the equivalent round pick in next year's draft as a penalty.

Trades
Please declare all trades on the blonde thread, with the other manager subsequently confirming their agreement to the details as a reply.  Please then go ahead and process the trades via Yahoo, afterwards (once the site is opened up to enable this).  The blonde post takes precedence, as there is potential for the site details to be messed up (which myself or Tal can subsequently fix, if necessary).  Please be very clear on the thread as to which year's picks are involved to avoid any doubt.

A reminder too that the picks you can trade on the Yahoo site will be 2021 picks, as the site thinks the 2020 draft has happened once you get access to your rosters.  Regardless of players involved in the trade, Yahoo requires an even number of draft picks to be used in its transactions, so please use the late round picks for this purpose (round 30 first, then round 29, etc). 

Post Draft & Free Agency
The draft is only open for the pickup of NFL rookies (if in doubt, Google them, as there's no flag to show this).  Everyone else, including players dropped from rosters, only become available afterwards.

Your annual reminder that the end of the draft does not immediately signal the start of a free for all for free agent picks (looking at you, Adam!).  The only transactions that should be happening on the Yahoo site until I announce otherwise, are your draft picks (done as a free agent pick up, with a player being dropped if necessary), agreed trades and roster cuts down to 30 (if necessary, although I should be able to sort these directly).

Once all draft picks are processed (for which I will set a deadline to get this done, if needed, so that it's not left to us to decide who you are dropping), I then need to mess around with the site settings to create an initial round of post-draft waivers.  This gives everyone a fair shot at pick ups of anyone remaining prior to a free for all afterwards.

Also, your 2nd annual reminder, that I then need to play around with the settings after these waivers to set everything back to normal and I will announce a time in advance for when the free agency free for all can begin.  To avoid any work clashes (hopefully) this will be at 9pm on a date to be confirmed.  The only thing I don't know is the date.  If the draft is particularly efficient, there may be a deliberate delay in this happening until final cuts have been made by NFL teams.  Please keep an eye out for announcements regarding this as we reach the end of the draft.

Please shout if any outstanding queries regarding the draft process.  I'll dig out more general rules at a later stage.

Divisions, matchups, waivers, etc
Part of my pre-season process on the site is to randomise the two divisions, sort out the matchups (ensuring 2 inter-divisional fixtures with each team, etc, as the default ones don't do this) and fixing the waiver order ahead of the waivers taking place (each pickup done for the draft changes this, so they can only be corrected at the end).  Again, I'll confirm when each of these are done.

ForthThistle

View Profile
« Reply #5664 on: July 04, 2021, 07:31:43 PM »

Its all set.

Let me know when you want to start the draft.

Clock is set to 24hrs.

Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #5665 on: August 01, 2021, 02:01:14 PM »

Dynasty League (the established one) update.

Long message but makes sense to have it all together.

Site

First things first, we're transferring from Yahoo to Sleeper. This seems to be a unanimous view. Thanks for your responses.

Commissioner update

The intention last year was that Tighty and I would look after the commissioner role for last season, with a view to reviewing it this time round.

As we're moving to a new site, and given neither Tighty nor I are familiar with Sleeper, it makes sense to have a co-commissioner who knows what they're doing with the mechanics. I've spoken to Tighty and to ForthThistle and we've agreed that I will stay on as Commissioner, with ForthThistle coming in as co-commissioner because of his familiarity with the site. Thanks to Tighty for your help last year.

In the event of any disputes, I will make the decision (in consultation with Forth if needs be). If the dispute involves me, Forth can make the decision (in consultation with Tighty, if needs be).

Subs

Time to get your wallets out. Entry fees are normally £20 and I see no obvious reason to change that.

Bobby1's in charge of the purse strings, as normal, so please send your £20 to him (his wife's account that you've sent to before). Message Bobby1 if you don't have the details.

Prizes

This has been a simple first and second prize in recent years and, again, I see no obvious reason to change that.

£200 collected.

First prize: £160
Second prize: £40

Bobby1 will settle up after the season finishes.

League format

The regular season has moved from 17 weeks to 18 (still one bye per team). To reflect that, we're having an extra game each, too. The playoffs start in week 15, with a three week playoff period. There will be no games for us in week 18, given the likelihood of players being rested for some or all of the game.

Draft

We're starting the draft on the Monday after Preseason Week 1 (not including the Hall of Fame game). This will logically mean, by the time we get to rounds 3-5, there should at least be a couple of games done for each team, so we can get a sense for the shape of teams' depth charts. The problem otherwise is it becomes goes from a high variance task to a total lottery in deciding whether the WR4 for a team is really the WR6.

The startup league draft we did recently on Sleeper in the other blonde league worked well, so I've agreed with Forth that we'll stick to that format: 24 hours per pick to keep it nice and easy.

Start date for the draft will be Monday 16 August. The order is in my copied post a few posts above, but it's also in the Sleeper site already (thanks, Forth), so this should all be fairly automatic.

I believe the process will need you to wait until it is your turn to pick before you declare a pass. The usual process is for us all to pull out one by one and leave Bobby1 to decide which seven special teams players he wants to draft Smiley

Roster sizes

We've run it on the basis of squads of 30 since we started this league.

A question has been asked of whether we should reduce that, in order to make for a more accessible waiver wire and free agency pool. If you have injuries and illnesses, the well is sometimes a bit dry and we don't want people having to do a bad trade just to make up a team, or to field a player short.

My own view on this is I like bigger squads, even if at the expense of the waiver wire. If there is a swell of opinion in favour of reducing the size, I'd really only want to drop it by a couple. The good thing about dynasty for me is you can draft players who might be a RB1 or WR1/2 for their team in a couple of years' time, when the obvious guy retires or gets traded or injured.

I'm going to leave a question mark next to this one for now and take views from anyone who wants to offer them.

In the meantime, everyone needs to reduce their roster to 30 active players before the draft starts. Then, when drafting players, you should take your player and drop someone else if you need to, in order to maintain a 30-man squad.  

After the draft - or sooner if there is a strong opinion in the group one way - we'll decide on the roster size. I'm generally keen to keep the status quo. As we've run it with 30 since we started a few years ago, that's my default position, but I'm open to views. If we then need to drop another one or two players each after that, so be it.

Injured Reserve slots

On that note, IR slots are currently available for players designated by Sleeper as:
- IR
- Covid-19
- Suspended
- Did Not Report/Holdout/Opt out (I don't think anyone has done the last of these this year)

There is an option in the league settings for players to go to IR if they are listed as:
- Out
- Doubtful
- N/A (presumably this is where a player is not on a roster)

I've said No to these. I am inclined to add Covid-19 to the No list, too, but I'm open to views. We're likely to see players only be on this for a week or two at most, unless they're seriously ill (in which case, they will go on IR). The idea of the IR slots is to mirror real life. Teams have to decide whether they are going with 53 healthy guys or whether they'll carry an injured player for tactical reasons.

We have 5 IR slots, as before.

Bear in mind that the IR rules are correlated to the depth of the waiver wire and free agency pool: if you put a player on IR, you can take someone from free agency, so that reduces the pool; if you can't, you have 29 fit players and have to swallow it, if you're not going to drop anyone to find cover.

Should Suspended players be allowed to be in the IR slots?

Using IR slots before the season starts

If you have a player on the PUP now, I think it's fair for them to go into the IR slots now. Again, this is consistent with the real life situation. I am not treating these as part of your 30 player roster for the purposes of the pre-draft cuts.

I think that's everything for now.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2021, 02:09:29 PM by Tal » Logged

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
KarmaDope

View Profile
« Reply #5666 on: August 01, 2021, 02:09:36 PM »

I'll open the discussion.

Happy with 30 man squads as that's what we've always done.

With regards to IR slots, I think from memory on Yahoo that if a player is suspended or down as COVID-19 then they couldn't go into the IR slots. However, players down as Out could, and personally I'd like to keep it that way.
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #5667 on: August 01, 2021, 02:13:48 PM »

are they going to be any taxi squad players?

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #5668 on: August 01, 2021, 04:43:49 PM »

I’d say suspended players can’t go on IR as they are not injured. Covid feels like a tricky one but any player with Covid is technically out because they are unwell/unfit to play same as if they had say glandular fever or Sinusitis etc. So I agree with you that Out for Covid is left off the list of players that can be placed on IR because if it was a serious case they played would end up on real life IR and would then be eligible to go into an IR spot anyway.

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”
bergeroo

View Profile
« Reply #5669 on: August 03, 2021, 05:53:00 PM »

Thanks for all the organising. And thanks to Tighty for last year.

My views
Roster size - I am happy with 30 just to keep it how it was. I could be persuaded to go to 28. I am not too fussed. I also don't mind a barer waiver wire. We aren't playing redraft, so it is nice to just keep someone for a year or two to develop, particularly as there aren't taxi squads in this league. And also we are only playing with one flex, so everyone should have a bench player to fill in if needed.
- Leading on to - You never had taxi squads so I would say don't introduce them now into this league
- With IR I am happy for it to mirror the official IR of the NFL. Again I could be persuaded.
- I am not sure about suspended players. How was it on yahoo?
Pages: 1 ... 374 375 376 377 [378] 379 380 381 382 383 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: