blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:57:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  blonde NFL Fantasy League 2019/20
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 ... 383 Go Down Print
Author Topic: blonde NFL Fantasy League 2019/20  (Read 611973 times)
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #465 on: October 13, 2012, 01:10:31 AM »

Not sure if you are joking but in Florida I would say at least 20 hours a week are devoted on local sports channels to High School games and I think a couple of Texan HS games have been nationally televised.  My local High School regularly gets a couple of thousand at their home games and Wal Mart sell their merchandise

Too much pressure on young kids?

Sport for children is supposed to fun.

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
redarmi

View Profile
« Reply #466 on: October 13, 2012, 04:13:22 AM »

Yeah I don't disagree but it is big business in the States.  Not sure how different it is from us having kids in academies from 6 or whatever if they show any promise though.

action man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #467 on: October 13, 2012, 06:17:08 AM »

no idea if its been mentioned but did you see pete carrols play call when he called for the delayed safety last week?
Sheriff Fatman
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #468 on: October 13, 2012, 04:29:43 PM »

Week 5 Update (I really hope people read these, and I'm not just talking to myself!):

Sheriff (4-1) 87.12 - Tighty (2-3) 59.44 - I suspect that within the league we all have our own individual 'grudge matches' which would hurt to lose more than the others.  This one is mine, partly down to a long-standing poker rivalry that is unlikely to ever resume and partly down to the Cowboys-Eagles fandom, so I'm relieved to have made it through this one with a sub-par winning score (sick rub, I guess!)  Sheriff's Stars had 3 players on bye week to Pancake's 2, but only 6 players in the fixture (both starters and bench) scored double figures and the fact that I won that battle 4-2 largely determined the result.  Both teams need a big improvement in Week 6.

Linux (0-5) 93.46 - Nakor (5-0) 166.80 - I previewed it as a top vs bottom clash, and Nakor made it look like exactly that with the highest team score of the season so far, 166.80!  Colston (31), Cruz (23), Foster (23), Mathews (20) and the Bears DEF (28) is a pretty awesome haul.  The scary thing is he left Andrew Luck's 29 points on the bench and settled for Vick scoring 13.  Linux has had absoutely no luck in his matchups so far this season and the 0-5 record is a little harsh.  No question that Nakor deserves the 5-0 though, especially with his scoring in the last couple of weeks.  I pity the poor bloke who faces him next (oh yes, that's me!)

ChipRich (2-3) 113.48 - Camel (3-2) 133.00 - Rich's team puts together a tidy score with Peyton (24) and Bradshaw (27) leading the way, and yet runs into a Reggie Wayne inspired total on Camel's team.  As well as the 27 points from Wayne, he got 25 from No1 pick Rodgers and several healthy 10+ contributions elsewhere.   Rich did leave points on the bench, and selecting Mendenhall for Sproles and Donald Brown at Flex would have given him an additional 18 points, which still wouldn't have been enough.  This, and the fact that 113.48 is the highest losing score of the season, goes to show just how pointless the stupid 'Hunger Foul' thing is on the website (which Rich was awarded this week!)

LeKnave (3-2) 112.86 - WPIL (1-4) 47.90 - Buoyed by the success of beating Jek with his apparently-abandoned team last week, WPIL continued the tactic into Week 5 and attempted a win with the inactive Keller, plus Stafford and Janikowski on byes.  Surprisingly, this tactic did not result in a 2nd consecutive win!  LeKnave's team put a tidy score together, with Harvin and Marshall pulling in 20+ each, but the effort was largely unnecessary.

Horneris (3-2) 88.74 - Bobby1 (4-1) 108.30 - The game of the week was a close affair until late on in the Sunday game, but with Phil's team having the Texan's DEF to come in MNF, the edge always looked to be with Bobby1's Broncos.  Naturally, it's hard to win any game when you lose your QB, a RB and a TE to injury part way through their games and, had RG3, Cedric Benson and Jermichael Finley stayed healthy, then the result might have gone differently.  A tough one to take for Brent.

jek187 (2-3) 80.20 - Marky147/sharplea (1-4) 71.00 - Jek's team strategy this season was based heavily on getting the premium TE's but when Jimmy Graham and Antonio Gates combine to score 2.3 points you really have to start wondering WTF is going on.  He missed out on getting Gronk as part of this strategy, who lined up against him for Taco Style, and they only scored 3.6 points from the TE position, meaning that the pre-season No's 1, 2 3 & 4 TE's (No3 Hernandez is injured) combined for 5.8 points in Wk5!  That stat is the most interesting thing to take away from a low scoring game which Jek sneaked a win in thanks to Matt Ryan and Steven Ridley, apart from the fact that Jek now has the lowest winning score of the season.  Taco Style needed a huge game from Jeremy Kerley going into MNF and his 9.4 score was only halfway there.

So, Nakor's run continues on and he's now almost 100pts better off than 2nd place in overall points scored.  Linux remains rooted to the bottom but has outscored 3 of the teams above him.  Sheriff and Bobby1 are both 4-1 and and Sheriff faces Nakor in Week 6 in the standout game of the week.  If there's any week to be facing him, it's probably this one, as he has 3 players out on bye (including the brutal Bears DEF) so there may be further cries of 'run good' if I manage to get the W.  Elsewhere, Linux has his best chance yet of that elusive first win against WPIL's team (well, his team in name only at the moment!) and Horner and Jek get to square off against each other after their recent, er, 'robustly debated trade shenanigans!'  The only matchup so far which looks to be seriously affected by Thursday's game is Camel vs Tighty where Tighty has used up both TE's and is already 8 points behind Camel's score from Mike Wallace.

Also, there's a decent chance that we've seen the highest and lowest scores of the season in Week 5, and a few other records were broken, so it seems a good time to start displaying some YTD stats as part of the update.

Enjoy Week 6! Here's to another great weekend of NFL action.

YTD Records:

Highest Team Score:
1) 166.80 - B Side's (Week 5)
2) 149.94 - Sheriff's Stars (Week 2)
3) 143.84 - B Side's (Week 4)

Lowest Team Score:
1) 47.90 - WeHateDallas (Week 5)
2) 56.32 - Taco Style FF (Week 3)
3) 59.44 - PancakeBlock (Week 5)

Lowest Winning Team Score:
1) 80.20 - Siberian Alcoholics (Week 5) vs Taco Style FF
2) 81.34 - Taco Style FF (Week 2) vs PancakeBlock
3) 84.10 - Sheriff's Stars (Week 4) vs Ruxin's Ravens

Highest Losing Team Score: 113.48
1) 113.48 - Robbies Gould en Shower (Week 5) vs Middleton Tyas Mayhem
2) 109.08 - Taco Style FF (Week 1) vs Robbies Gould en Shower
3) 108.96 - Carisbrooke Chodes (Week 2) vs Sheriff's Stars

Largest Winning Margin:
1) 73.34 - B Side's (Week 5) vs Ruxin's Ravens
2) 64.96 - Carisbrooke Chodes (Week 5) vs WeHateDallas
3) 62.18 - B Side's (Week 4) vs Carisbrooke Chodes

Narrowest Winning Margin:
1) 0.38 - B Side's (Week 3) vs Siberian Alcoholics
2) 1.14 - Sheriff's Stars (Week 4) vs Ruxin's Ravens
3) 1.54 - PancakeBlock (Week 3) vs Dr Mantis Toboggan MD

"...And If You Flash Him A Smile He'll Take Your Teeth As Deposit..."
"Sheriff Fatman" - Carter the Unstoppable Sex Machine

2006 Blonde Caption Comp Ultimate Champion (to be replaced by actual poker achievements when I have any)

GUKPT Online Main Event Winner 2008 (yay, a poker achievement!)
ChipRich

View Profile
« Reply #469 on: October 13, 2012, 04:35:24 PM »

yeh enjoying the write ups Sheriff, you aint talking to yourself.

big game this weekend for me vs Bobby! Not a good start tho with Mendy going down inj. Sad

Sheriff Fatman
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #470 on: October 13, 2012, 04:37:39 PM »

big game this weekend for me vs Bobby! Not a good start tho with Mendy going down inj. Sad

Thanks for the re-assurance. Smiley

2006 Blonde Caption Comp Ultimate Champion (to be replaced by actual poker achievements when I have any)

The Camel

View Profile
« Reply #471 on: October 13, 2012, 04:46:29 PM »

no idea if its been mentioned but did you see pete carrols play call when he called for the delayed safety last week?

This used to be a pretty regular call when I started following the NFL 20 years ago.

Must admit haven't seen it for years though.

Related to punters too.. whatever happened to "coffin corner" on punts? Nowadays they just try and land punts on the five and spin them back.. back in thee day they angled punts to the sidelines.

bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #472 on: October 13, 2012, 04:58:43 PM »

Thanks for the re-assurance. Smiley

deffo loving the write ups mate.

I am on a run in our lge of getting oppos players injured but in one of my other lges I  put up the mighty total of 44 last week, a team that featured most of the big injuries so that team looks ******. Swings and roundabouts

GL this week Rich

I loved the safety play by Seattle too, last really great one I remember was the Pats about 10 years ago which turned out to be a stroke of genius after giving away the lead with under 3 minutes left. Edit...( oops that's wrong, they were losing 24-23 at the time)

http://scores.espn.go.com/nfl/recap?gameId=231103007
« Last Edit: October 13, 2012, 05:06:30 PM by bobby1 » Logged

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”
Sheriff Fatman
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #473 on: October 13, 2012, 05:19:51 PM »

Didn't Drew Brees throw for an intentional safety in the Wembley Game in 2008?  I didn't go to it (typical, as it was the best one of them to date) but I remember talking about this play the next day.

Chargers then still nearly won with a final Hail Mary, but it got knocked down.

bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #474 on: October 13, 2012, 05:28:46 PM »

Didn't Drew Brees throw for an intentional safety in the Wembley Game in 2008?  I didn't go to it (typical, as it was the best one of them to date) but I remember talking about this play the next day.

Chargers then still nearly won with a final Hail Mary, but it got knocked down.

He did.

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”
Sheriff Fatman
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #475 on: October 13, 2012, 05:39:00 PM »

Going back to the Fantasy League a sec, I took a look at the other tabs on the League Standings page, which I've never noticed before, and they make for interesting reading.

Breakdown gives a league table based on the results if every team played every other one in each week (so takes away the luck factor of a favourable matchup).

Top 3 - Nakor 46-9, bobby1 39-16, LeKnave 34-21

The biggest victim of this, compared to the actual standings, would be my team which drops from 3rd overall to 8th, with a 28-27-0 record and one place behind Jek's team (who have a 2-3 record, compared to my 4-1) which shows that I am officially luckboxing this league so far.  Bizarrely my first 3 weeks were 0-11, 11-0, 11-0 so I'm either very good or very bad in general!

LeKnave is the biggest winner, moving into 3rd place instead of 6th, and Linux would move off the bottom (but only to equal 10th!)

Coach ranks teams based on the number of points lost from their actual scores vs the optimal lineup score.  The big shock is that Linux is top of this league, with a net difference of only -35.5 points.  Tighty is 2nd and I'm 3rd.  Unsurprisingly, playing inactive and bye week players doesn't score well here and WPIL is bottom with -107.2 points.

My only issue with this ranking is that it will naturally favour the poorer teams in general as a lower scoring team overall means a lower number of potential points to lose.  However, that's a minor quibble and so Linux can now point to something to say he's the best manager for now!

True is a combined ranking of the two above, plus the main league and a total points scored rank, and this looks much more like the normal Win/Loss ranking we use.  Nakor is out in front, Bobby1 2nd, and me 3rd.  Again, Linux moves off the bottom and into 10th place at the expense of WPIL.

Meaningless stuff overall, but an interesting read, especially if you're trying to point to some excuse as to why your season is so poor!

The Camel

View Profile
« Reply #476 on: October 13, 2012, 06:00:30 PM »

Why are some players undroppable?

Sheriff Fatman
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #477 on: October 13, 2012, 06:08:50 PM »

Why are some players undroppable?

To stop the league being affected by people giving up and then dumping all the best players into the free agent market (where the waivers would determine who gets them).  It's all the top players in the game and the list gets revised by each site regularly and does get changed.  I think Chris Johnson was on it at the start of the season, but I'd be surprised if he still is now.

NB: Each site has their own list, so they vary, but it's a standard feature in Fantasy NFL leagues.

The Camel

View Profile
« Reply #478 on: October 14, 2012, 04:31:50 PM »

FML

90 minutes before kick off for the early matches and I should be finalising my positions for today's games.

No.

I'm still trying to decide which two from Fassano, Hernandez and Daniels I should start at TE today.

The Camel

View Profile
« Reply #479 on: October 15, 2012, 05:24:14 PM »

Looking to trade Trent Richardson and Reggie Wayne.

Both are ranked 6 in their respective positions, so it will have to be a decent offer. But if you've got strength in a certain area, maybe we can sort something out.

Pages: 1 ... 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 ... 383 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: