blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 11:01:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272582 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  blonde NFL Fantasy League 2019/20
Pages: 1 ... 97 98 99 100 [101] 102 103 104 105 ... 383 Go Down Print
Author Topic: blonde NFL Fantasy League 2019/20  (Read 617436 times)
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #1500 on: August 12, 2014, 12:24:53 AM »

Interest? More interest than a payday lender.

Lessgerritawn!

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
Linux
lol pwnd

I am dexter in disguise...

View Profile
« Reply #1501 on: August 12, 2014, 12:43:48 AM »

In for both

7 seasons, 1 Promotion, 2 relegations, 3 play off exits, 1 play off bubble, 25 points deducted.
we are leeds and we are back.  https://twitter.com/jpmood
 Click to see full-size image.
Sheriff Fatman
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #1502 on: August 12, 2014, 12:46:23 AM »

Dynasty League - Season 1

I'm still tweaking my thinking for the finer points of the Dynasty League, but have outlined my general thoughts below.  This will hopefully give people enough of an idea of whether they want to play or not, and I'll iron out the details ahead of the draft.  Please shout if any queries, or if I've missed anything.

First of all, for anyone who's not sure, a Dynasty League works along the same general lines as a Redraft league during the season.  However, the big difference is that all rosters are retained at the end of the year and the later years' drafts are for the new batch of real-life NFL rookies only.  Any change in manager results in the incoming manager inheriting the roster of the departing manager, which gives the whole thing a long-term continuity.  The key differences are that the rosters are bigger on each team, to allow teams to have long-term projects as well as immediate starters.  This also means that the overall league size needs to be smaller to accommodate this, so we're looking at either a 10 or 12 team league here, split equally into two divisions.  12 would be the ideal for me if we can hit it.

I've played a few dynasty leagues over the last couple of seasons, so much of what I have in mind is based on the best bits from these.  As with the re-draft league, rules may be tweaked in subsequent seasons to improve how the league plays if there's a general consensus to do so.

General thoughts for how it will run:
1) Entry Fee - Basic £20 per team.  80:20 split between winner and runner up.  

2) Provisional Draft Date - Thursday 28th August at 8pm (NB: Earlier start due to larger roster sizes, compared to the redraft league).

3) Site - Most likely Yahoo or ESPN, but I'm still researching this.  I want to keep the two leagues distinct from each other, and I don't think nfl.com is best suited to a dynasty league.  All the sites work in basically the same way, but all have individual upsides and downsides.  I've played leagues on quite a few by now, so just trying to ensure I pick the best long-term option.

4) Draft order is random in year 1, then determined by finish position in later seasons.  Winner gets last pick, as is the real NFL.  The only tweak to this is that anyone going into the Consolation Play Offs will be competing for the highest available pick (to provide an incentive to remain competitive).  Consequently, if a 10 team league, with 4 man play-off and consols, 10th place gets pick 1, 9th gets pick 2, Consol winner gets pick 3, runner-up 4, etc.  League winner gets pick 10.  (NB: The draft in later seasons isn't a snake draft, as for the initial draft, so 10th place gets top pick in every round of the draft.

5) Scoring - pretty much the same as for the redraft league.

6) Roster sizes - The 10 team league I play in uses rosters of 29 players, plus 5 IR slots, giving 34 potential players on any roster.  IR slots will work as in the real NFL, so can only be used for players who are on Injured Reserve in real-life and, once placed on IR, the player must stay there until the following season.  I'm aiming to do the same size rosters for this league, but just need to look at the logistics of this if we have a 12 team league.  This may require a slight reduction in roster sizes.

7) Starting line ups - 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1K, 1 DEF plus 1 Flex (WR/RB/TE) - so 9 total starters each week.

The above is just an outline.  Full rules and format will be confirmed as it gets set up, but that should give you an idea.

Please confirm separately in the thread if you want to play in the Dynasty league.  Obviously, there are few spots available, but I'm not anticipating that everyone will want to play in both, so hopefully this won't prove to be an issue.

"...And If You Flash Him A Smile He'll Take Your Teeth As Deposit..."
"Sheriff Fatman" - Carter the Unstoppable Sex Machine

2006 Blonde Caption Comp Ultimate Champion (to be replaced by actual poker achievements when I have any)

GUKPT Online Main Event Winner 2008 (yay, a poker achievement!)
Horneris
#5 BH

View Profile
« Reply #1503 on: August 12, 2014, 12:47:13 AM »

In for both

Linux
lol pwnd

I am dexter in disguise...

View Profile
« Reply #1504 on: August 12, 2014, 12:53:39 AM »

Sounds perfect, can't wait to own Johnny Football for a decade

7 seasons, 1 Promotion, 2 relegations, 3 play off exits, 1 play off bubble, 25 points deducted.
we are leeds and we are back.  https://twitter.com/jpmood
 Click to see full-size image.
ChipRich

View Profile
« Reply #1505 on: August 12, 2014, 01:03:08 AM »

In for both

810ofclubs

EPT Vilamoura!

View Profile
« Reply #1506 on: August 12, 2014, 02:32:31 AM »

in for both!

Jake Mfkin Cody lols
KarmaDope

View Profile
« Reply #1507 on: August 12, 2014, 07:37:58 AM »

in for both
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1508 on: August 12, 2014, 07:52:38 AM »

in for both

could you please reconsider 2xTE for this year?

Having done some drafts, there really isn't enough depth at the position to have two starters each and maintain some parity of scoring, and leagues would be more even with a standard 1TE, 1 on bench formula

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Sheriff Fatman
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #1509 on: August 12, 2014, 08:02:19 AM »

in for both

Having done some drafts, there really isn't enough depth at the position to have two starters each and maintain some parity of scoring, and leagues would be more even with a standard 1TE, 1 on bench formula

We ditched 2xTE last season!  Thought you'd remember this, given that you won the league!!

The starting line up is QB, 2xRB, 2xWR, TE, WR/RB Flex, WR/TE Flex, DEF, K

"...And If You Flash Him A Smile He'll Take Your Teeth As Deposit..."
"Sheriff Fatman" - Carter the Unstoppable Sex Machine

2006 Blonde Caption Comp Ultimate Champion (to be replaced by actual poker achievements when I have any)

GUKPT Online Main Event Winner 2008 (yay, a poker achievement!)
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #1510 on: August 12, 2014, 08:10:36 AM »

In for the dynasty league, too.

Gravediggers Hoe!!

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1511 on: August 12, 2014, 08:13:42 AM »

in for both

We ditched 2xTE last season!  Thought you'd remember this, given that you won the league!!

The starting line up is QB, 2xRB, 2xWR, TE, WR/RB Flex, WR/TE Flex, DEF, K

thanks

getting my leagues and years mixed up

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
rinswun

View Profile
« Reply #1512 on: August 12, 2014, 09:42:30 AM »

I'd be in for both.

Free Golf Tips - www.fairwaywedge.com

@fairwaywedge
bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #1513 on: August 12, 2014, 12:45:17 PM »

In for both.

tx

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”
TL900

View Profile
« Reply #1514 on: August 12, 2014, 12:58:36 PM »

in for both

@MtSpewmore
Quote from: jgcblack
I wouldn't normally try so hard, but didn't have another opportunity I could wait for. I wasn't ready to surrender what I WANTED SO MUCH, that easily, I couldn't guarantee a call with me staying stoic and relying on a flinch "top pair" calling reflex.
Pages: 1 ... 97 98 99 100 [101] 102 103 104 105 ... 383 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: