blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 08:44:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272572 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  blonde NFL Fantasy League 2019/20
Pages: 1 ... 151 152 153 154 [155] 156 157 158 159 ... 383 Go Down Print
Author Topic: blonde NFL Fantasy League 2019/20  (Read 616850 times)
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #2310 on: December 23, 2014, 07:46:47 PM »

In for next year, not sure how it works but if someone can do an idiots version of what needs to be done.  Adds another dimensiion to just punting. 

I've got some PMs from Curtis, and I'll forward them to you, Kmac.

Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2311 on: December 23, 2014, 08:11:20 PM »

Kmac and adamm in will make 18 if we get 2 more could get 2 leagues of 10 teams with promotion and relegation make the end of season more fun

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
rinswun

View Profile
« Reply #2312 on: December 23, 2014, 08:26:15 PM »

Well done Marky and Lexus. Great playoff run and deserving champs!

Free Golf Tips - www.fairwaywedge.com

@fairwaywedge
Kmac84

View Profile
« Reply #2313 on: December 24, 2014, 02:05:02 PM »

Cheers Marky. 
LEXUS

View Profile
« Reply #2314 on: December 28, 2014, 07:10:54 PM »

Feels weird watching red zone without Game Center open

Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2315 on: December 28, 2014, 07:13:51 PM »

Feels weird watching red zone without Game Center open

i am still going thru my team checking there points for the day

Linux
lol pwnd

I am dexter in disguise...

View Profile
« Reply #2316 on: December 29, 2014, 04:47:39 PM »

Well done Marky and Lexus, deserved winners. Now I just have 9 months to think why didnt I start Matt Asiata over Steven Jackson Sad

What was the Prize breakdown in the end?

7 seasons, 1 Promotion, 2 relegations, 3 play off exits, 1 play off bubble, 25 points deducted.
we are leeds and we are back.  https://twitter.com/jpmood
 Click to see full-size image.
Sheriff Fatman
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #2317 on: December 30, 2014, 08:20:06 AM »

Well done Marky and Lexus, deserved winners. Now I just have 9 months to think why didnt I start Matt Asiata over Steven Jackson Sad

I'll sort out prizes and monies in the next few days.

"...And If You Flash Him A Smile He'll Take Your Teeth As Deposit..."
"Sheriff Fatman" - Carter the Unstoppable Sex Machine

2006 Blonde Caption Comp Ultimate Champion (to be replaced by actual poker achievements when I have any)

GUKPT Online Main Event Winner 2008 (yay, a poker achievement!)
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #2318 on: December 30, 2014, 01:01:35 PM »

Cheers mate, but I think we're definitely the Jerry Yang of NFL Fantasy Football!

Wasn't it money back for 2nd?

Grin

Linux
lol pwnd

View Profile
« Reply #2319 on: January 02, 2015, 12:42:51 PM »

Cheers mate, but I think we're definitely the Jerry Yang of NFL Fantasy Football!

Wasn't it money back for 2nd?

Grin

£250 and £70 Smiley

OK, time to get this show on the road again.  Apologies for the false starts, caused mainly by long hours at work recently.

As mentioned a few times during the close season, the plan is to run two leagues this year.  The first one will be Season 4 of the redraft league, and the second will be a dynasty league.

With regard to the Redraft League, I'm proposing minimal changes to last season.  16 teams made for a deep league and is the maximum size league I'd want to use, and I think most of the existing managers have already expressed interest in playing again so I don't think it's unreasonable to aim for the same again.  Some people are less active on blonde these days so I'll chase up for confirmations via the NFL site as well as on here.  Assuming we get 16, roster & divisional format will be the same as last season (although I'll randomise the division draws again).  If we end up with less than 16 then I'll tweak the divisional structure accordingly to make it work.

Consequently, the only change I'm proposing for the league this year is with regard to the entry fee.  The variable £20/£100 entry option was less popular last year, so I'm ditching that (people can still arrange side bets if they wish).  However, with regard to trying to keep the league alive for all managers as long as possible I'd like to increase the basic entry fee from £20 to £30 this year.  £20 of this will be distributed to the winner and runner-up (£250 and £70 respectively, assuming we get 16 teams again) so the 'core' prize fund will be as before.  The remaining £10 of the fees will be split 75:25 to the managers with the best aggregate 3-week and 1-week totals over the season (taking any gameweeks from the regular season and/or play-offs, where the team has a fixture, to determine the total).  The general idea is that this gives everyone a shot at winning something back all the way to the end of the season and provides an ongoing incentive for fielding the strongest available teams.

With regard to draft date, I think this works best when left as close to the season as possible, so I'm going to suggest the Monday before Week 1 as the date (and this will be the regular date for future seasons, unless there's a compelling reason to move it).  Consequently, the draft will be provisionally set for Monday 1st September at 9pm.  If this is likely to be a problem then please let me know ASAP.  If there's a significant number of managers affected then I'll try to move the date, but chances are that there'll be a clash for someone at whatever alternative I choose.

Please confirm interest in the thread.  Existing managers obviously get priority.  After that, Ironside has first option, as he was the odd one out last season, but anyone wanting to play for the first time is free to express interest.  History suggests there'll always be a bit of turnover year on year and we've had co-managed teams in the last two seasons so there's a decent chance you'll get to participate if interested.

Dynasty League info to be posted separately.

Any questions, please ask.

7 seasons, 1 Promotion, 2 relegations, 3 play off exits, 1 play off bubble, 25 points deducted.
ChipRich

View Profile
« Reply #2320 on: January 05, 2015, 11:58:33 PM »

any newwwws?

bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #2321 on: January 06, 2015, 03:29:43 PM »

Has anyone called the police yet?

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”
Linux
lol pwnd

View Profile
« Reply #2322 on: January 07, 2015, 03:49:59 PM »

any newwwws?

Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2323 on: January 07, 2015, 03:55:12 PM »

Ne1 seen blatch?

Linux
lol pwnd

View Profile
« Reply #2324 on: January 08, 2015, 05:10:13 PM »

Anyone heard anything yet? PMd him a few days ago but didn't get a reply

Pages: 1 ... 151 152 153 154 [155] 156 157 158 159 ... 383 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: