blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 07:50:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  "The Downswings of Property and Poker"
Pages: 1 ... 281 282 283 284 [285] 286 287 288 289 ... 291 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "The Downswings of Property and Poker"  (Read 598498 times)
Devil Whale
Probation

View Profile
« Reply #4260 on: February 27, 2016, 12:22:31 AM »

Rich
just logged on and seen your up coming project really please for you it looks great, i know we have sat around a poker table for the last few years but not sure if you know what i do for a living, we fit out shops / coffee bars around the uk and build bespoke counters & supply & install seating etc, not sure what stage your at but if you would like any advise or budgets for your fit out i would be more than happy to help.
Waggy
Eso Kral

Lucky in Life!!

View Profile
« Reply #4261 on: February 27, 2016, 07:49:00 AM »

Rich
just logged on and seen your up coming project really please for you it looks great, i know we have sat around a poker table for the last few years but not sure if you know what i do for a living, we fit out shops / coffee bars around the uk and build bespoke counters & supply & install seating etc, not sure what stage your at but if you would like any advise or budgets for your fit out i would be more than happy to help.
Waggy
Hi Waggy
I never knew that was what you did, as I'm unlikely to see you around the scene if you want to send me a message on messenger with your phone number (use Eso Kral) and we can chat.

Edit that I just sent you a PM with my number (you can't reply unless you have 10+ posts though) so we can speak next week

Gl if you play this weekend mate.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2016, 07:54:17 AM by Eso Kral » Logged

Andrew Charles Blacklock - Lived for those he loved and those he loved remember.
typhoon13

View Profile
« Reply #4262 on: February 27, 2016, 09:12:50 AM »

Very best of luck Rich

You have got the determination and drive to succeed which is a big bonus

Will miss our poker tour chats
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #4263 on: February 27, 2016, 12:04:38 PM »

As I've mentioned before my family came from what is now Belarus just before the turn of the 19thC and knedl or knedlech are a staple addition to no less a Jewish staple dish than chicken soup.

I make them myself every time I make a new batch of "Jewish Penicillin", those little round dumplings are the perfect accompaniment.

More great diarage Rich and I wish you the best of luck with your venture.

Have you ever heard of a franchise called Papaya Hut? They used to abound in Toronto when I lived there during the 1970's and that papaya juice was delicious and seemed to be nutricious too. I've never come across any since then.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #4264 on: February 27, 2016, 12:38:43 PM »

Have had my fair share of similar dumplings with my wife being from Austria - in Austria they are Knoedl and I like them sweet -mmm Germknoedl and savoury from Tirol the delish Tiroler Speckknoedl

Good luck with the ventures Rich

sola virtus nobilitat
4KSuited

View Profile
« Reply #4265 on: February 27, 2016, 07:06:17 PM »

Always enjoy your updates on your travels in Slovakia, and I trust that the 2nd hand children's clothes business is still providing a decent living for your mother-in-law over there?

After the false starts and poor luck you've endured to date, I hope this one gets up & running with a sprint start. (IMO this health-food/drinks-bar project is far better than the pulled-pork/BBQ meat idea). All the very best of luck to you and the other Blondes involved - you certainly deserve it for taking this project forward with Petra "invested" with the third Blacklock.
Eso Kral

Lucky in Life!!

View Profile
« Reply #4266 on: February 28, 2016, 08:36:22 AM »

Very best of luck Rich

You have got the determination and drive to succeed which is a big bonus

Will miss our poker tour chats
Cheers Trevor, I am sure we will get the chance before the year is out to have a chat about how you were long on xxx stock and it went the other way and you still came up goulden Wink

Andrew Charles Blacklock - Lived for those he loved and those he loved remember.
Eso Kral

Lucky in Life!!

View Profile
« Reply #4267 on: February 28, 2016, 08:42:39 AM »

As I've mentioned before my family came from what is now Belarus just before the turn of the 19thC and knedl or knedlech are a staple addition to no less a Jewish staple dish than chicken soup.

I make them myself every time I make a new batch of "Jewish Penicillin", those little round dumplings are the perfect accompaniment.

Have you ever heard of a franchise called Papaya Hut? They used to abound in Toronto when I lived there during the 1970's and that papaya juice was delicious and seemed to be nutricious too. I've never come across any since then.
I am pretty sure I remember us having a conversation about Knedele on a fairway whilst I was being hustled Smiley

Papaya Hut didnt show up in my research this time although a few American ones did and Franchising is something that we would look at later if we didn't have an exit strategy sale in the plan if successful.

When the weathers a bit warmer and the fairways harder I may even attempt to have my yearly round with you again and donate towards the winter heating bill  Grin

Eso Kral

Lucky in Life!!

View Profile
« Reply #4268 on: February 28, 2016, 08:54:19 AM »

Have had my fair share of similar dumplings with my wife being from Austria - in Austria they are Knoedl and I like them sweet -mmm Germknoedl and savoury from Tirol the delish Tiroler Speckknoedl

Good luck with the ventures Rich
You Sir should write a book!

Always enjoy your updates on your travels in Slovakia, and I trust that the 2nd hand children's clothes business is still providing a decent living for your mother-in-law over there?

After the false starts and poor luck you've endured to date, I hope this one gets up & running with a sprint start. (IMO this health-food/drinks-bar project is far better than the pulled-pork/BBQ meat idea). All the very best of luck to you and the other Blondes involved - you certainly deserve it for taking this project forward with Petra "invested" with the third Blacklock.
Thanks Phil
Being London based I bet you come across a lot of these places which although with a higher concentrated footfall have much higher rents to contend with and more competition and still make it work.  When I first went to look at Abokado I thought they were a little tinpot company due to the outside of the premises I was looking at and then checked out their website to find a husband and wife team had built up 26 premises from scratch.

The shop in Slovakia still ticks over and is whilst shows a 5 figure profit yearly definitely more of a family benefit with her mum able to run it and walk a couple of minutes to work everyday and back whilst benefiting their village which means way more than money.

The Smokehouse idea got a bit messy as there was too many investors so it was destined to be a non starter so its good that with this one we have nearly all the risk with the only other investor being one of the guys who was made redundant from the agents around the same time as me and he is just about to launch his online agent in our area but wanted a sweat as over the past few months we have had weekly meetings to discuss our respective businesses and been on various courses locally so he has seen the idea grow from me thinking I could open it with 30k lolz to where we are today.

Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #4269 on: February 28, 2016, 11:36:01 AM »

I am pretty sure I remember us having a conversation about Knedele on a fairway whilst I was being hustled Smiley

Papaya Hut didnt show up in my research this time although a few American ones did and Franchising is something that we would look at later if we didn't have an exit strategy sale in the plan if successful.

When the weathers a bit warmer and the fairways harder I may even attempt to have my yearly round with you again and donate towards the winter heating bill  Grin

We're on a few temporary greens at present but the course will be in good shape for you to get your own back from mid-May. You know you're always welcome and it'll be my treat this time.

I wasn't suggesting a franchise when I mentioned Papaya Hut, just how delicious the papaya juice was and how I've never seen it offered anywhere.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
Eso Kral

Lucky in Life!!

View Profile
« Reply #4270 on: March 02, 2016, 06:02:43 PM »

Saw this at a trade show yesterday that made me chuckle!

Click to see full-size image.

DMorgan

View Profile
« Reply #4271 on: March 02, 2016, 07:01:15 PM »

Looks great Rich,  seems to have a lot of parallels with Fruccola.

This place in Budapest was always very very busy, glgl with it

http://fruccola.hu/english.html
Thanks Dan, quite a few similarities there.

Do you live in Hungary now as well? If so how's it going & what are you upto?

No I was there for a few months a couple of years ago, back in Sheffield now living in a converted pub with another poker player, a couple of muggle friends and the PLO dog

I spend most of my time in the trenches playing PLO just enjoying the easy life really. I took up a forex trading job for a little while last year with a startup investment management firm, getting qualified to do proprietary trading work mainly trading from home with company dime and replicating their trades with my own money. It seemed like it would be a good fit alongside poker but fairly quickly it became clear that it was gunna have to be one or the other so I threw myself back into the lab studying and working on my PLO game and its working out pretty well. I'm able to do something that I enjoy for a living and I have great people around me so its all good!

I didn't miss live poker for a long time but I've kinda been feeling the bug again so next time theres an event at DTD I'll be coming down for a bit of PLO cash so maybe run into you there? The last time I played live was the Wembley ISPT which feels like an age ago!

glgl with the business, hope you ping the lot

Eso Kral

Lucky in Life!!

View Profile
« Reply #4272 on: March 09, 2016, 12:47:07 PM »

Well were about 10 weeks away from baby number 3 coming along and whilst in Slovakia we had a maternity/family shoot done with a photographer that we have used previously and these were the resultant photos of which there are a couple of crackers

In before Vinny with the one below as we still cannot afford any shoes in the house Wink

Business wise our planning permission to change the usage from A1 to A3 has now been formally received and entered on the planning website so hopefully sometime in April we should gain that and be ready to sign the lease when we will then be able to start the building work around the time the little one is due which will provide it's own set of challenges (I love a bit of pressure!)

Next week is my first outing of the year at GPS Westcliff as it would be rude not to play in my own backyard but I don't harbor any great expectation having not picked up a card since December but am looking forward to the chance to play tbh so if anyone is travelling and wants to grab dinner then lmk.

celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #4273 on: March 09, 2016, 12:53:32 PM »

I'm down next week.

Available for dinner around North London or Luton.

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
Eso Kral

Lucky in Life!!

View Profile
« Reply #4274 on: March 09, 2016, 01:04:23 PM »

I'm down next week.

Available for dinner around North London or Luton.
Sigh!

Just you or am I buying the clan dinner?

Pages: 1 ... 281 282 283 284 [285] 286 287 288 289 ... 291 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: