blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 01:18:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  "The Downswings of Property and Poker"
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 ... 291 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "The Downswings of Property and Poker"  (Read 598536 times)
Eso Kral

Lucky in Life!!

View Profile
« Reply #525 on: September 19, 2011, 12:51:40 PM »

WHEN I WIN THE WORLD!

When and if i scoop somewhere between 20-25 bets time half of the monies is going to Petra to squirrel away for a rather tasty extension and loft conversion for "Chez Eso" and to start her off a little business we have been thinking of, the other half is gong to be usedon a couple of years of Poker where basically i am going to take some shots at events i would not ordinarrily buy direct into.

I have not yet been to Vegas and played Poker as when i lived in California for 6months was not interested in the game so this would defo form part of the events!

Look out later this week for the first selection!

Andrew Charles Blacklock - Lived for those he loved and those he loved remember.
bobAlike

View Profile
« Reply #526 on: September 19, 2011, 12:58:48 PM »

Good luck with this Rich, having recently scooped £400 on a £10 x 6 team accu I might join you on your journey.

Ah! The element of surprise
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #527 on: September 19, 2011, 12:59:21 PM »

y u no play online? Tongue

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
SirPerceval

View Profile
« Reply #528 on: September 19, 2011, 01:03:00 PM »

Good Luck Rich.

Quite possibly going to be the worst bankroll management excercise in history but would love to see you hit the £100k.

"it's got a bit of degen in there" <<< ROFL
Eso Kral

Lucky in Life!!

View Profile
« Reply #529 on: September 19, 2011, 01:04:14 PM »

y u no play online? Tongue
Sorry Boss been busy with life stuff this past couple of weeks, will be on this week if you fancy a session and will be shipping your % tomoz to usual x

Andrew Charles Blacklock - Lived for those he loved and those he loved remember.
Eso Kral

Lucky in Life!!

View Profile
« Reply #530 on: September 19, 2011, 01:05:19 PM »

Good luck with this Rich, having recently scooped £400 on a £10 x 6 team accu I might join you on your journey.
Cool Cool  its gonna be really boring at the start till 10 winners in, but you gotta get from A to B

Eso Kral

Lucky in Life!!

View Profile
« Reply #531 on: September 19, 2011, 01:09:41 PM »

Good Luck Rich.

Quite possibly going to be the worst bankroll management excercise in history but would love to see you hit the £100k.

"it's got a bit of degen in there" <<< ROFL
TYTY obv this is not my life roll or poker roll and i reckon it will take me at least a year to knock it in so i look at it as an investment of entertainment at £80 per week, with a chance to win big and will most likely be the majority of my betting!  Smiley

claypole

View Profile
« Reply #532 on: September 19, 2011, 06:25:57 PM »

This is genius....I'd like to get involved, and may mirror your challenge - although as a recovering degen was trying to work out when my leg goes and I bottle it - you going to use this thread or diversify the Eso brand and put a separate challenge one up on Betting board? Think it would be fun if a few of us gave a go and see who did best - obv without hijacking your idea. Never ever going to be £80 a week unless you run real bad fwiw
bobAlike

View Profile
« Reply #533 on: September 19, 2011, 06:36:40 PM »

This is genius....I'd like to get involved, and may mirror your challenge - although as a recovering degen was trying to work out when my leg goes and I bottle it - you going to use this thread or diversify the Eso brand and put a separate challenge one up on Betting board? Think it would be fun if a few of us gave a go and see who did best - obv without hijacking your idea. Never ever going to be £80 a week unless you run real bad fwiw

Simples- start 2 challenges and only bottle it on the 1.
Smiley

Ah! The element of surprise
Eso Kral

Lucky in Life!!

View Profile
« Reply #534 on: September 19, 2011, 07:19:37 PM »

Yeah i think the roll will likely last 1 1/2 years so £80 p week was worst case in which case   meh

I will open another thread on Betting Tips and Sports Discussion and link it to this once i post my first selection or people interested are welcome to use this thread.

leethefish

winners never quit quitters never win

View Profile
« Reply #535 on: September 19, 2011, 08:42:08 PM »

After our chat at dtd been wanting to post ...

But said I wouldn't until you had.

I am  going to join you but at the £400 not 4k ...to rich for me rich.

But I am going to have to wait till November  to join you ....as I said taking the family away in October.

Really hope you you do well in this I only wanted you to take my money cos I think I will bottle it if I get dem 15/20 up.
But understand after blatch

http://www.ljwcarpenter.co.uk       

http://alzheimers.org.uk/

www.ageuk.org.uk/

If you can meet with triumph and disaster And treat those two impostors just the same......yours is the Earth and everything that's in it...And - which is more --you'll be a Man, my son.
leethefish

winners never quit quitters never win

View Profile
« Reply #536 on: September 19, 2011, 08:43:44 PM »

Also pm sent

http://www.ljwcarpenter.co.uk       

http://alzheimers.org.uk/

www.ageuk.org.uk/

If you can meet with triumph and disaster And treat those two impostors just the same......yours is the Earth and everything that's in it...And - which is more --you'll be a Man, my son.
titaniumbean

Equity means nothing.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #537 on: September 19, 2011, 08:51:31 PM »

Mbn

Run better Rich!
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #538 on: September 19, 2011, 08:56:22 PM »

ESO'S CHALLENGE   £40 to £100k MINIMUM

Ok i have spoken to a few people on here about what i am going to try and do, its got a bit of degen in there and over a period of time is not going to hurt me plus could provide quite a big sweat!!

Basically i remember earlier this year a guy started with an £8000 bet and punted his way to circa £400k iirc eventually losing on his 26th bet when he put the lot (less £80k for his wedding) on Djokovic to beat Fedderer in the French open Semi final and had stated if this won he was going to stop and buy a house, obv he lost and has not been heard of since.

I am not going to do it with 1 bullet but am going to start at £40 and give myself 100 goes ( ie £4000) at trying to get approx 20-25 correct in a row, i dont know whether i will get there and if i dont it does not matter too much as i reckon it will take approx a year to do the roll in.  I am going to do most of it on Betfair and will photo the screen and post itt once i am matched so there is no aftertiming!

There will be some caveats I am putting in and they are   A) I will only pull out money if say i have had 50 pops (£2000) and i am up to 6k on a bet i may withdraw my 2k so i still have 100 bullets and the next bet would be 4k.  B) If the roll drops to 2k i may change to a reduced stake of £20 starting bet and still have 100 pops at it.

I will mostly be playing at odds on and on mainstream events and will not be betting everyday just on events i fancy, but if anyone wants to post itt the odd tip please feel free.  Some people i have spoken to have said can they give me say £400 and do it on a smaller level to win 10k but after Blatchgate i have no interest in this, please dont take it personally just open up a betfair account and do it that way!

I dont know if its gonna be possible but i will have a bloody good try at it and am sure we will have a few good sweats along the way, some have said will i really have 70k on an event after say 20 winners but i am determined to break 100k so yes i will and whilst i am aware the higher i go it may be difficult to get the whole lot on i will find a way and have already thought of this but will obv post on this when i need to.

Will let you know when the first selection is and if i my next post will let you know what i am going to do with the winnings  Wink

GL anyone who joins in!!

Doesn't this just fall over when there isn't enough liquidity in the betfair markets.  Either that or you end up skewing the market so much with your £50k bet that the odds you take are bound to be terrible?

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
edgascoigne

Newbury Racecourse's Best Dressed Gent. And What?

View Profile
« Reply #539 on: September 19, 2011, 09:00:57 PM »

Doesn't this just fall over when there isn't enough liquidity in the betfair markets.  Either that or you end up skewing the market so much with your £50k bet that the odds you take are bound to be terrible?

Largely accurate, though not quite perfectly so. Essentially as the bet size grows you become increasingly limited in the choice of markets you can 'efficiently' bet into. Short priced Premier League teams, heavy favourites in the tennis etc. will be fine, though anything rather more niche and as Doobs says you will be heavily eroding your EV.

All of which said, the very best of luck to you Eso Kral. A truly absorbing diary.

Allez!!
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 ... 291 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: