blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 29, 2024, 04:59:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272772 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Weekend footie
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Weekend footie  (Read 9630 times)
hombre32

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: August 21, 2011, 07:32:17 PM »

Cheers- will give my mates a ring and I hope they have kept their betting slips!
Horneris
#5 BH

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 21, 2011, 07:37:58 PM »

Cheers- will give my mates a ring and I hope they have kept their betting slips!

If they haven't they should still go down the shop and demand to speak to the manager and tell him what happened.

Should be able to locate their bets on the system and have a serious word with whoever was working at the time.

redarmi

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 21, 2011, 09:13:52 PM »

Yep - I used to work for Ladbrokes and your bet is a winner.  Be very insistent though and tell them that you will be calling if they won't pay.  It is a fairly well known scam for some fraudulent betting shop staff to pay themselves the winnings in cases like this when the average punter thinks his bet is a loser or a result changes through stewards etc.

On another note because of this rule it is always better to bet on no goalscorer if you fancy no goals in a game rather than 0-0.  Is same price but No goalscorer is winner if only goal in game is an own goal.

FWIW I have copied and pasted Ladbrokes rule here for your info:

First goalscorer

Stakes are refunded on any player who takes no part in the match or who comes on as substitute after the first goal has been scored. Own goals do not count for first goalscorer purposes and are ignored for settlement purposes. On some matches the first goalscorer betting may be limited to one specific team.

action man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: August 22, 2011, 04:50:53 PM »

LOVE man utd tonight at 8/13 cannot believe they are this price, GET ON
Graham C

Moo

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 22, 2011, 05:49:55 PM »

on!  Well, on Man U -1 on the AH at just over evens.  Rooney to score first too

iwillwinlots

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 22, 2011, 06:06:55 PM »

LOVE man utd tonight at 8/13 cannot believe they are this price, GET ON

really? quite fancied spurs.... evans smalling and jones all starting at the back
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 22, 2011, 06:11:03 PM »

on the spurs. gogogogogogogo bale, bale will tear u apartttttt

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
iwillwinlots

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 22, 2011, 06:21:20 PM »

Head-to-head

* Tottenham have failed to win any of their last 24 meetings with Manchester United in all competitions.
    * Spurs' last victory over United was a 3-1 success in May 2001 at White Hart Lane. They have failed to win any of the subsequent 20 league matches, two FA Cup ties and two League Cup games.
    * It's 22 years since Spurs last won at Old Trafford - a 1-0 victory in December 1989 courtesy of a Gary Lineker goal.
hombre32

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 22, 2011, 07:05:37 PM »

Thanks guys for your feedback. At the time we were told that the bet didn't stand as it was registered as a NO GOALSCORER bet. My mates have rung Laddies and whilst they had chucked the betting slip they told them the shop they placed the bet on and Ladbrokes have agreed to pay out! Really pleased I put the post on as it is £60 back for them so thanks again!
redarmi

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 22, 2011, 08:15:40 PM »

Bit late but with trigg on this one.....I missed the 4/6 boat but have backed a couple of value correct scores for MU to win by a decent margin.

action man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: August 23, 2011, 02:30:55 PM »

anyone got any strong views on tonight, not looked and don't think i will
Dubai

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 23, 2011, 02:35:04 PM »

Villa best 1-5 shot for a while- got small squad, so not gonna rest too many players- and youngsters that are coming in are decent- Albrighton, Clarke, Delfonso- Hereford possibly worst team in the competition and McCleish come out and said he wants to take the comp seriously as he won it last year
Nico29

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 23, 2011, 02:56:28 PM »

Villa best 1-5 shot for a while- got small squad, so not gonna rest too many players- and youngsters that are coming in are decent- Albrighton, Clarke, Delfonso- Hereford possibly worst team in the competition and McCleish come out and said he wants to take the comp seriously as he won it last year

Don't really do 1-5 shots, reckon villa -1.75@8-11 is worth a punt-with lads?
Yesterday me and my mates were in the pub prior to the Forest game watching Arsenal v Liverpool. Without looking at the team line ups we had a £10 bet on Suarez 1st goal. I placed on my Sky Bet account and my two mates went into the Ladbrokes outside the ground and filled their respective betting slips out.

Obviously 1st goal was OG and and Suarez scored the 2nd. To be frank none of us knew what the ruling was and when we went into Laddies they refused to pay out. With the Forest game about to kick off and not being sure we left if alone and accepted the decision. This morning I have looked at my Sky Bet account and they have paid out (yippee!).

My question is should my mates have been paid or have SKY Bet just been generous?

Get paid and get that member of staff in trouble for being an angle shooting lil twat.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2011, 02:59:02 PM by Nico29 » Logged
Nico29

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 23, 2011, 02:59:57 PM »

I like west brom away to bournemouth @10-11
TheChipPrince

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 23, 2011, 03:00:23 PM »

Swans starting line up already confirmed and looks strong v Shrews.

MK to big at 5's v Norwich for me, likewise Hudd 7/2 v Cardiff

The harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph.

RIP- TheChipPrince - $17,165
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: