blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 01:10:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272534 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  My Name is VBlue and I'm a Pokerholic
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: My Name is VBlue and I'm a Pokerholic  (Read 20217 times)
iangascoigne

Just getting started.

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2013, 06:45:33 PM »

Another great post. Well done and thank you.

Father of Ed and Alice, grandfather to Toby. That is enough for anyone. Twitter @IanGas
VBlue

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2013, 09:10:21 AM »

Ha - thanks Ian.  Not sure what your thank you is for, but glad to be holding some interest for you.  Cheers.
VBlue

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2013, 11:46:57 AM »

I always seem to find the best stuff to support my blogs in the week after I have written it.

From an article by pokersavvy "1. “You can find a better spot”: What? What the fuck? Listen, any spot that’s good, by which I mean ANY SPOT THAT IS +EV/+cEV is a spot you should take. Now, are there occasionally spots that are +cEV but you should fold because they're –EV? Yes. An obvious example is folding AA in a satellite where you have a seat guaranteed. Want a better example than something this simple? Okay here’s one:

I recently played a live 3k event in Melbourne with ~440 entrants. The structure was very deep, very slow and had high antes. 40% of the field was freeroll qualifiers and probably less than dozen players in the whole field were actually good tournament players. If I was BB the very first hand with a 20k bank at 50/100 with 22, and it folds to the SB who shoves his whole 20k then flips up AKs, I would fold. However, it really does take an example that extreme to make me consider passing up a +cEV spot. SO STOP DOING IT!"

and

"“I didn’t want to risk it on a coin flip” This has got to be one of the most common. Here’s the simple truth with most probable coin flip situations: at the point you’re considering folding knowing you’re likely in a coin flip, there’s already probably way too much money in the pot to ever fold. If you raise AQo 3X and a guy shoves 15-20X, and you figure his range is AJ+/66+ (You’re about 43.5% against his pretty tight, never stealing range, and still basically flipping) you ARE NOT folding. There’s nothing wrong with getting it in on a flip as long as it’s a +EV one, which most are, especially once antes kick in."
VBlue

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 11, 2013, 11:47:12 AM »

And this from The Mad Genius that is Mike Caro on why we should suffer more bad beats thatn bad players and use them to our advantage - http://www.poker1.com/archives/1876
VBlue

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2013, 10:53:16 AM »

I have updated my blog to include some the references above and link to the article by Mike Caro.

I would particularly welcome comments on these two items.  Your time and feedback will be appreciated.

Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: