blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 11:10:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272619 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Fit blondes in Berlin
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 ... 40 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Fit blondes in Berlin  (Read 83053 times)
Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #495 on: May 28, 2012, 05:08:30 PM »

no pics from the race yet, but I managed to get Nick to pose for one whilst we enjoyed our first post-race drink (I am blinking rather than actually asleep) Smiley

Click to see full-size image.

"Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon....no matter how good you are the bird is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway"
Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #496 on: May 28, 2012, 05:11:11 PM »

Oh and Trace's mate Steve Davis was running too.  I thrashed him Cheesy

"Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon....no matter how good you are the bird is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway"
AndrewT
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #497 on: May 28, 2012, 05:28:26 PM »

part two

I didn't do a win

FYP

Good effort though in all that heat - you must be well chuffed.
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #498 on: May 28, 2012, 05:47:04 PM »

Great result.  Never mind the time, you'll beat that when you do your next half when it's not as hot and you're preparation's better.

Be honest, you're sort of looking forward to the marathon a bit more now, aren't you?

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #499 on: May 28, 2012, 06:00:16 PM »

Be honest, you're sort of looking forward to the marathon a bit more now, aren't you?

Honestly?  No!!

kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #500 on: May 28, 2012, 06:01:24 PM »

Honestly?  No!!

Yeah, it's only Monday.  Wait until the weekend Wink.

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #501 on: May 28, 2012, 06:02:15 PM »

Honestly?  No!!

Yeah, it's only Monday.  Wait until the weekend Wink.

ha yeah - ask me again in a few days.  At the moment i'm looking forward to having a week off running Smiley

Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #502 on: May 28, 2012, 06:04:25 PM »

actually I've just realised I didn't correct you on the 'next half' thing.  I said a few weeks ago that after Berlin I'm just gonna stick to 10ks.  Pretty sure I'll be back up in Sheffield this time next year though....

kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #503 on: May 28, 2012, 06:39:56 PM »

You'll be running more halves. In fact you'll be doing one before Berlin.

Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #504 on: May 28, 2012, 06:48:34 PM »

You'll be running more halves. In fact you'll be doing one before Berlin.

well yeah, but no more half marathon races before then, obv.  British 10k in July to keep me going.

kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #505 on: May 28, 2012, 07:10:12 PM »

Should be looking at a half marathon race as part of your marathon training plan. Not compulsory of course, but useful.

Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #506 on: May 28, 2012, 07:14:53 PM »

Should be looking at a half marathon race as part of your marathon training plan. Not compulsory of course, but useful.

hmm yeah - actually I probably will when the time comes to cover 13 miles in my training.  more fun than just running on my own and I'll get another medal Smiley

kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #507 on: May 28, 2012, 07:17:48 PM »

It also gives you a chance to prepare for a race before the actual marathon. You can fine-tune your routine such as what to eat the night before, on the morning of the race, what to wear, if you can stomach the isotonic drinks during a race, etc.

Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #508 on: May 28, 2012, 07:22:00 PM »

fml - I don't know why it didn't occur to me before, but we're going to have to do an awful lot of long runs in the middle of summer aren't we?  I'm not entirely sure how I'm going to manage them all without the water stations etc!

kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #509 on: May 28, 2012, 07:24:34 PM »

Yeah, it was one of the reasons I wasn't uber keen on Berlin. Should hopefully be okay in September, but going to be some hot days on the way.

If you go out early, then you get the cooler weather, so it might not be too bad.

Pages: 1 ... 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 ... 40 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: