blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 06:32:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  picking up hitchhikers
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: picking up hitchhikers  (Read 3399 times)
Girgy85

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2011, 12:23:50 PM »

Just out of intterest Girgy what percentage of puntyers you get in the cab would you say are troublesome in some way ie. runners, non payers, aggressive, weirdos etc

in 14 month I've had 1 non payer, 2 people being aggressive who i didn't pick up funilly enough.

Plenty of weirdos but the worst are drunks who think its acceptable to drink alcohol in your car. when you tell em they can't they just think your picking on them and think ur miserable cos your at work on a Saturday night and there out acting like a twat.

Women are the worst and act very childish muttering stuff under there breath.

Apart from that id say 90% of people were sound.

Best poster Girgy IMO - Mantis

Girgy is my new hero! - Evilpie

Think Girgy has shown the best leopard instincts in this thread and would prob survive best in the wild. Eye of the tiger that fella - Mantis

Girgy is a m'fkn machine - Daveshoelace
SKYPOKESHER

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 30, 2011, 07:21:05 PM »

pics of best lookin women u picked up? Smiley
gatso
Ninja Mod

Let's go round again

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 30, 2011, 07:30:38 PM »

Might be a ambush if u pick up a fitty hicthhiking

I hear stories about babies on the side of the road etc etc

Lol, please share the stories of hitch hiking babies setting up ambushes. Do they have the manual dexterity to stick out a thumb and hold up a sign?

Just an email from work doubt it's true tho
Baby on side road u stop u get ambushed
U drive off u get eggs chucked at you but don't use wipers cos it will destroy ur visibility

Rofls

so people set up ambushes by putting babies by the side of the road and then throw eggs at people?

not only is this the most ridic thing I've read in a long time I have no idea what it has to do with hitchhiking

<3 the ho

If you get to the yeasty clunge you've gone too far
Girgy85

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 30, 2011, 07:54:33 PM »

pics of best lookin women u picked up? Smiley

really wish i could take pictures.

Best poster Girgy IMO - Mantis

Girgy is my new hero! - Evilpie

Think Girgy has shown the best leopard instincts in this thread and would prob survive best in the wild. Eye of the tiger that fella - Mantis

Girgy is a m'fkn machine - Daveshoelace
the sicilian

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 30, 2011, 09:09:17 PM »

Lol many years ago after getting made redundant I drove a cab for a while... I had very short shaved hair..went to pick a woman up and she refused to get in the car with me.. She said to the controller..and I quote ' he looked like a murderer'. Charming...

Just because you don't like it...... It doesn't mean it's not the truth
SKYPOKESHER

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 30, 2011, 10:05:59 PM »

Lol many years ago after getting made redundant I drove a cab for a while... I had very short shaved hair..went to pick a woman up and she refused to get in the car with me.. She said to the controller..and I quote ' he looked like a murderer'. Charming...

you shoulda told her, u won't harm her, she will enjoy it Shocked
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 30, 2011, 10:28:11 PM »

in my time i have picked up well over 100 hitch hikers

never just after or before the pubs have close unless i know them

dont think i have picked up more than 5 in last 10 years though just dont see many anymore

helps to break a drive up

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: October 31, 2011, 08:56:47 AM »

I used to hitchhike to school when living in Holland (and too lazy to cycle the 20mile or so)...used to be very common for students to hitchhike to and back from school.

Would definitely give someone a lift if he stays in the same town and is not a scruffy bastard, even if I didn't know them, not sure about motorways..depends on my mood TBH, I'm just not a people person and prefer to drive alone. If they can sit still and shut up, it's fine.

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: October 31, 2011, 11:32:54 AM »

I used to hitchhike to school when living in Holland (and too lazy to cycle the 20mile or so)...used to be very common for students to hitchhike to and back from school.

Would definitely give someone a lift if he stays in the same town and is not a scruffy bastard, even if I didn't know them, not sure about motorways..depends on my mood TBH, I'm just not a people person and prefer to drive alone. If they can sit still and shut up, it's fine, otherwise I wrap them up in gaffer tape and stick them in the boot.

You crazy Germans!

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
Swordpoker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: October 31, 2011, 11:52:57 AM »

I've given lifts to a few hitch hikers. There is a stretch of road between Perth and Blairgowrie where loads of foreign students come for the summer to pick berries. They get paid very little and live in a campsite in the middle of nowhere so most of the locals give them lifts all time. It's good etiquette to give lifts there.

Most interesting hitch hiker I ever gave a lift to was a French guy in a wheel chair. He was hitch hiking all over Europe for 6 months on his own. I was totally impressed.

DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: October 31, 2011, 01:07:44 PM »

Freakonomics did a podcast on this recently

http://www.freakonomics.com/2011/10/10/where-have-all-the-hitchhikers-gone-a-new-freakonomics-radio-podcast/

Stuff like the Texas Chainsaw Massacre movie made people fear strangers, being on of the interesting suggested reasons for the decline.
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 31, 2011, 09:40:16 PM »

Awesome! I wouldn't get in a taxi with you either but only coz you might start talking about poker.

Had a job for a while dropping cars off and hitching back. Best job ever. I'd never pick up anyone not carrying the numberplate though.

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
the sicilian

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 31, 2011, 10:41:03 PM »

Awesome! I wouldn't get in a taxi with you either but only coz you might start talking about poker.

Had a job for a while dropping cars off and hitching back. Best job ever. I'd never pick up anyone not carrying the numberplate though.

should start a thread for best job ever...mine..delivering sunbeds..half the birds were in bikinis waiting excitedly..and requested instructions on how to use the equipment..errrrr  turn the dial love...

Just because you don't like it...... It doesn't mean it's not the truth
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: