blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 12:21:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272597 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Virgin Reward seat sale
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Virgin Reward seat sale  (Read 10762 times)
jizzemm

BB6 Footy Winners - WALES.

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: December 08, 2011, 06:48:20 PM »

Possible even better for you girgy would be having a Lloyds TSB Duo Credit Card (1 Amex and 1 Mastercard for when Amex is not available)..

1 Avios for every £1 spent on Amex  (1 for ever £5 on the mastercard)

Buy Fuel from Shell - 1 Point for every Litre - Can set up account to convert to Avios at a rate of 10 Avios per 20 Litres of Fuel

Tesco Clubcard for Shopping Purposes or if you get the fuel from them instead. Convert Tesco rewards to Air Miles..

Shell Points - 1785 Litres Per Month = 90 Avios Per Month

Credit Card - 2.5k Per Month = 2500 Avios Per Month (All Shell's Accept Amex)  = 2600 Avios per month 31k Per Year Approx plus any shopping done at tesco can be converted into Avios..

"I want to talk about my hand, what do you mean I cant talk about my hand, right im going to talk about the fact that I cant talk about my hand"...
Graham C

Moo

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 08, 2011, 06:55:25 PM »

FWIW, The Virgin Amex comes with a Visa card too for those situations mentioned by Jizz

Simon Galloway

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 08, 2011, 07:03:59 PM »

And has a deal with Tescos...

Would always recommend taking a look at options out there - but for anyone wanting free flights to Vegas, Virgin CC has to make the shortlist.

jizzemm

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 08, 2011, 07:26:50 PM »

And has a deal with Tescos...

Did not realise that they had joined as well..

Looks like you get 625 Virgin miles and 600 Avios for the same £2.50 ClubCard Voucher, and I think their Credit Card is the same points per £ spent on their respective Amex Cards, and its 50k (Avios or Virgin) to get to Las Vegas so both rewards/schemes are the same except the extra 4% Virgin Miles you get per £2.50 spent using Clubcard Vocuhers

You can also do some online shopping through Avios to get more points..

I think it works out better that if you cannot use a Amex Card (for Avios Duo) that you use a Tesco Clubcard to do spending and then convert to Avios when u get the voucher.. Important.. Make sure you get your tesco clubcard vouchers Quarterly or whatever they send out and not yearly, as they always last ages, but you can get massive bonuses sometimes when u convert so worth waiting sometimes.

"I want to talk about my hand, what do you mean I cant talk about my hand, right im going to talk about the fact that I cant talk about my hand"...
Girgy85

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 08, 2011, 07:36:24 PM »

Don't shop at tescos.

Fill up at shell. I have a shell card which i chose fuel vouchers for instead of air miles. receive around £15 of free fuel per quarter.

Best poster Girgy IMO - Mantis

Girgy is my new hero! - Evilpie

Think Girgy has shown the best leopard instincts in this thread and would prob survive best in the wild. Eye of the tiger that fella - Mantis

Girgy is a m'fkn machine - Daveshoelace
Simon Galloway

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 08, 2011, 07:50:17 PM »

Might want to think about filling up somewhere else then and losing £15, but gaining half a flight.....

jizzemm

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 08, 2011, 08:07:06 PM »

Don't shop at tescos.

Fill up at shell. I have a shell card which i chose fuel vouchers for instead of air miles. receive around £15 of free fuel per quarter.

Change the reward for avios then ur points automatically get done every month. Also look out for the shel vouchers u get for filling up. Can get loads of free points for handing them in / being savy with them (sounds like you put enough in not to worry about the stipulatons each month to get the extra points)..

Now get yourself a Duo Credit Card, pay off balance every month, and hey presto, a free flight to Vegas every 12 months or so if you use it properly.

Some bonus Avios available if you open an avios account first.. Then add them as different new ways of collecting.. I.e Open an avios account today.. change your reward on ur shell card to avios and in 12 months they will give you 8k free.. Open a Duo Card through avios and use for 12 months another 8k bonus..

Right im done on avios or virgin for now, time to watch the TV.. good luck setting it up, but the points start rolling in once you have done it.. do it sooner rather than later, your going to put some fuel in that car over the next few weeks!!!!

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: December 09, 2011, 06:08:15 PM »

I'm just looking at flights for the summer and they're already increasing in price Sad

Simon seems to be the don as far as the workings of Virgin go so I was wondering if they're likely to have any promotion after xmas in which the flights are going cheap(er) or if I should just crack on and book now.

Simon Galloway

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 09, 2011, 06:43:10 PM »

Historically there has been a post-Christmas sale.  However, Virgin seem to be fairly uncompromising on Vegas, which is a 'premium leisure' route.  I'm not sure if their thinking is that people going there can afford it, or that they are somehow trying to squeeze a few more bucks out of the old fleet before delivery on the new livery which is looooooong overdue.  (June apparently, but heard that a few times before...)

Not sure what price you are looking at, if it is c£600 then that's probably worth taking.  If it is much more than that, it is probably worth the gamble that there will be a sale fare in time.  Not great odds tho, as even sale fares are increasing, anything sub £500 is dynamite.

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 09, 2011, 06:50:07 PM »

Yeah I read on the site they're going to start running out the 'purple' line from April next year and by the end of 2012 all flights out of Gatwick, Manch and Glasgow will have it.

At present it's £700 flying out on the 22nd and back on the 6th, lucky really that I want those dates as on the 23rd I see flights go up to 900  and this is just for economy both ways.

I'm going to book economy going out and premium coming back as I'll be in need of a little more plushness on the depressing post vegas journey. I'm also going to top up to 20k with miles and see if I can nip an upgrade to upper on that flight too.

The cheapest the flights have been 22nd-6th was a month or so back when they were at £620 for econ and within a couple weeks were up to 660. I've never seen them really go down before but I generally only start looking after xmas so haven't paid much attention in past years to the prices at this time.

I think I might wait it out a little longer and see if anything happens in the next month and then just book it straight away in January if nothing looks like being offered.

Simon Galloway

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: December 09, 2011, 07:37:11 PM »

Btw, I have just copped another 1k points using e-rewards, altho I might have to X-post that on the nit thread  Grin

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: