blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 08:36:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  First post. Right fold? Right place to post??
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: First post. Right fold? Right place to post??  (Read 4648 times)
mulhuzz

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2011, 03:07:55 PM »

if you don't play the hand exactly like you did, you're probably making a huge mistake.

keep posting! as tikay says, if you're lucky or find a really interesting spot, you'll get some abs sickos commenting and debating the best lines in your threads. winning.
piestack

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 01, 2011, 03:09:13 PM »

1) don't apologise for trying to learn
2) of course he's calling flop with more than just a Q!
3) he may raise the turn with less than a Q, there are still queens you're beating if he has one, you has outs if you're behind. you have good odds.
4) you don't need to target improving your posts, you need to target improving your thought process (such as being able to spot which hands are just coolers) and out of this will come improved posts. posting these types of hands to understand why they don't need to be posted is important, init.

Bully87
Just a 50NL Fish

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 01, 2011, 06:24:28 PM »

As said to you earlier, cant do much with this hand. Only beat by 4 hands on flop, only 6 on turn. Your 25% to win and 13% to tie on turn, it's all going in no matter what with 80bbs.
TommyD

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 01, 2011, 07:17:36 PM »

Welcome to the forum.

I'll give you a quick tip for PHA, don't post the results.  For instance with this hand you can post the history up to the villain's shove and ask what to do.  Alternatively you can post all the actions including your call but not post the villian's hand and ask the forum if your line was ok (you'll see a few 'line check' posts up and down PHA).  Posting results can affect the replies you get.

The hand itself is just a cooler.

Keep posting Sir Smiley
youthnkzR

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 01, 2011, 07:27:54 PM »

such shallow stacks can NEVER get away here!
Rod

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 01, 2011, 11:21:08 PM »

Maybe it was the way I posted it. Maybe I should have asked to discuss rather than asked of I should contemplate the fold. Different ways to play the hand?

I was only there half an hour and hadn't played many hands so there wasn't many other hands an definitely no more interesting than this. Just after thinking against the type of player I'm not beating much. He's hardly calling the flop with nothing less than a Q.

Sorry at my first post failure.

I must improve my posts.
I must improve my posts.
I must improve my posts.

Sorry again.
Welcome to Blonde.

There is nothing wrong at all with asking if you should fold. In this case the answer is no but if you are not sure about that then this is the right place to ask. I am pretty sure some of the players on here have thought I have asked some pretty basic questions in this section but I find it very helpful and improve my game by making them (and people are very helpful and the players on here are legit good players). You can't be too sensitive though :-)

No need to "improve posts" other than as somebody has already said do not post results. Keep posting hands.

fwiw my thoughts on the hand are, I am not 100% sure I like playing this kind of hand in EP playing so shallow (assuming a FR table here), it might be OK given the type of game it is though. I would probably say fold pre but once you have hit that flop you just want to find the quickest way to get all your money in (turn card does not change this), standard cooler.

Anyway keep posting
Abzisaledge

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 02, 2011, 12:39:53 AM »

Really appreciate all the pointers guys and look to take them in Cheesy

I'll keep posting but restricted to my bloody iPhone ATM due to a laptop charger fault. No online games for me Sad.

Thanks for the pointers and gl at the tables.

It's a funny world we live in.
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 04, 2011, 12:38:34 AM »

I think its perfectly natural to want some sort of re-assurance about hands when you get your money in quite badly, I get my money in terribley quite frequently and even in super striaghtforward cooler spots I spend a good 30 mins thinking about what a complete melon i've been getting it in so badly, but honestly in live 50p/£1 cash games if you go on folding these kind of hands where you have such a strong hand you'll be missing out on lots of money.

Think about a hand step by step, everytime anyone in the hand does anything the dynamic of the hand changes slightly and the opportunity to make better decisions arises, with this hand the questions you should be asking are one like these;

Was my play preflop good, should I open to more than £4, maybe the button is squeeze happy so we want to open bigger to put him off 3betting (and making it easier to fold when he does) is the table so cally that no1 will fold and a limp might be better? should i have folded pre flop? (you shouldn't have btw Wink )

On the flop, was my bet sizing good, £16 into £21 will that bet size persuade weaker hands to continue or should it be smaller to try get 88/99 along for an extra street, do my opponents have a wide enough range of hands here that can call £16 or £14? What about the turn once I've been called, I want to make sure that the pot is the right size - am i going for 2 small bets and an all in, or am i going to bet biggish on the flop and go all in on the turn?  or should I chk and try induce bluffs on the turn?

I think actually you made a kind of mistake with your flop bet sizing, £16 into £21 once called leaves a pot of £53 with £55 back in stacks and now you're kind of cuffed, jamming is the best play theoretically on the turn but you'll fold out a lot cos it's a big bet but betting small looks ridiculously strong, I think in this type of game £12, £25, £39 jam would be the best way of securing the all in, or £20 then jam £50 into £61 on the turn.

As for the turn as you played it the reason everyone is so determined its NEVER a fold is because you're calling £31 to win £172 and to call profitabley here you need 18% equity (31/172) and vs AQ you have 31% equity

Hold'em Simulation ?
44 trials (Exhaustive)
board:
Hand   Equity   Wins   Ties
   68.18%   27   6
   31.82%   11   6

SO if he sets you all in and then shows you his hand, you still need to make the call! and as it happens you made £22 long term profit in calling even though you lost, so stop beating yourself up about an unlucky hand as go spend it on something Smiley

cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 04, 2011, 12:45:21 AM »

I think its perfectly natural to want some sort of re-assurance about hands when you get your money in quite badly, I get my money in terribley quite frequently and even in super striaghtforward cooler spots I spend a good 30 mins thinking about what a complete melon i've been getting it in so badly, but honestly in live 50p/£1 cash games if you go on folding these kind of hands where you have such a strong hand you'll be missing out on lots of money.

Think about a hand step by step, everytime anyone in the hand does anything the dynamic of the hand changes slightly and the opportunity to make better decisions arises, with this hand the questions you should be asking are one like these;

Was my play preflop good, should I open to more than £4, maybe the button is squeeze happy so we want to open bigger to put him off 3betting (and making it easier to fold when he does) is the table so cally that no1 will fold and a limp might be better? should i have folded pre flop? (you shouldn't have btw Wink )

On the flop, was my bet sizing good, £16 into £21 will that bet size persuade weaker hands to continue or should it be smaller to try get 88/99 along for an extra street, do my opponents have a wide enough range of hands here that can call £16 or £14? What about the turn once I've been called, I want to make sure that the pot is the right size - am i going for 2 small bets and an all in, or am i going to bet biggish on the flop and go all in on the turn?  or should I chk and try induce bluffs on the turn?

I think actually you made a kind of mistake with your flop bet sizing, £16 into £21 once called leaves a pot of £53 with £55 back in stacks and now you're kind of cuffed, jamming is the best play theoretically on the turn but you'll fold out a lot cos it's a big bet but betting small looks ridiculously strong, I think in this type of game £12, £25, £39 jam would be the best way of securing the all in, or £20 then jam £50 into £61 on the turn.

As for the turn as you played it the reason everyone is so determined its NEVER a fold is because you're calling £31 to win £172 and to call profitabley here you need 18% equity (31/172) and vs AQ you have 31% equity

Hold'em Simulation ?
44 trials (Exhaustive)
board:
Hand   Equity   Wins   Ties
   68.18%   27   6
   31.82%   11   6

SO if he sets you all in and then shows you his hand, you still need to make the call! and as it happens you made £22 long term profit in calling even though you lost, so stop beating yourself up about an unlucky hand as go spend it on something Smiley

Tl;dr Wink

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
Dubai

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 04, 2011, 12:48:32 AM »

LilDave is the best
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 04, 2011, 12:53:34 AM »

sure was for your benefit cambridgeshire

if you'd posted id have said this

"clear call, doesnt matter what the other guy has because even if he has 4 queens you'll somehow river another 6 jacks, if the planets crash and you don't win then you can just wait till later this month and win another £77,000"

oh and

LilDave is the best

thumbs up

cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 04, 2011, 05:15:00 AM »

sure was for your benefit cambridgeshire

if you'd posted id have said this

"clear call, doesnt matter what the other guy has because even if he has 4 queens you'll somehow river another 6 jacks, if the planets crash and you don't win then you can just wait till later this month and win another £77,000"

oh and

LilDave is the best

thumbs up

so i run good now do i?! god one tourney win 6 months ago and im golden for life IS IT?!?!

(dont read my latest blog before u reply pls Wink )

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
pokerfan

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 04, 2011, 11:19:34 AM »

LilDave is the best

+1.
 Goes off forum for a day or two then comes back and solves every thread in pha in under an hour, including the post above to the new guy  thumbs up

#lovethegame

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 04, 2011, 11:55:57 AM »

LilDave is the best

Just a bit. What a perfect description of the spot.

A Newbie arrived, & if he does not accelerate his learning process by 6 months just by reading this thread, he'd best quit poker now.

I really think the blonde PHA is a far far better place than it was 2 or 3 years back. Quite what will happen to it when these kids leave school and are old enough to go to work, I don't know.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: