blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 10:12:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272619 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  Am I a piss weak mofo!?!?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Am I a piss weak mofo!?!?  (Read 5153 times)
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: December 23, 2011, 05:08:21 PM »

shoving a range of 22+ A2s+ A8o+ K4s+ KTo+ Q7s+ QTo+ J8s+ JTo T8s+ 98s 87s here with this stack

Why this range?

because these hands are good hands to steal the blinds and antes with since they will have decent equity when called? maybe can be tighter on the suited kings and queens but apart from that it'd be my default

Why shove the topend of your range, surely raise call is better?

for balance

no need to balance against pigeons you will play 100 hands a year with. You only need to balance here if you have already built up history with the opponents, wherby they have seen you in this spot shove weak and raise/call the top-end which we probably don't have.

gotta remember as well that even if you have the history with an opponent who is capable of exploiting your unbalance here, the conbinatronic liklihood of him ACTUALLY being able to exploit you is quite small in live poker where the spot will crop up only 4-5times MAXIMUM, so the vacuum profit you get from playing an exploitable PF strategy vs the weaker players really does justify it imo.

I would always go with an exploitative vacuum play > any GTO plays in live poker cos that's how you win one specific tourney on one specific day, not that i'd know this ofc but I think I've seen flushy do it

NigDawG

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 23, 2011, 05:25:19 PM »

shoving a range of 22+ A2s+ A8o+ K4s+ KTo+ Q7s+ QTo+ J8s+ JTo T8s+ 98s 87s here with this stack

Why this range?

because these hands are good hands to steal the blinds and antes with since they will have decent equity when called? maybe can be tighter on the suited kings and queens but apart from that it'd be my default

oh right yeh thought u were disputing the bottom of the range. KJss isn't strong enough for min raise/call here though imo. i want to win the blinds and antes first and foremost with this shallow a stack.

Christopher Brammer
titaniumbean

Equity means nothing.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: December 23, 2011, 05:25:44 PM »

Why this range?

for balance

no need to balance against pigeons you will play 100 hands a year with. You only need to balance here if you have already built up history with the opponents, wherby they have seen you in this spot shove weak and raise/call the top-end which we probably don't have.

gotta remember as well that even if you have the history with an opponent who is capable of exploiting your unbalance here, the conbinatronic liklihood of him ACTUALLY being able to exploit you is quite small in live poker where the spot will crop up only 4-5times MAXIMUM, so the vacuum profit you get from playing an exploitable PF strategy vs the weaker players really does justify it imo.

I would always go with an exploitative vacuum play > any GTO plays in live poker cos that's how you win one specific tourney on one specific day, not that i'd know this ofc but I think I've seen flushy do it

MEDIUM WEAK xxxxxx
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 23, 2011, 05:29:34 PM »

burn tittybean burn.

gl getting that $12 now

have a terrible christmas xxx

titaniumbean

Equity means nothing.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: December 23, 2011, 05:33:55 PM »

burn tittybean burn.

gl getting that $12 now

i'll consider it your Xmas pressie, better than you owing $300 and us both just forgetting like medium weak live tourny pros IS IT.
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 23, 2011, 05:54:54 PM »

burn tittybean burn.

gl getting that $12 now

i'll consider it your Xmas pressie, better than you owing $300 and us both just forgetting like medium weak live tourny pros IS IT.

yh agreed, knocking you for $300 is too much and greatly against the code of ethical grimming, $12 is fine I can sleep happily with that Smiley

cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 23, 2011, 06:29:26 PM »

Why this range?

for balance

that post sounds like Rob Yong trying to tell me (after sucking out with AT<A5 aip in our HU sng) that my AT was a bad call because although mathematically it's correct, we were only playing that match once so I should've waited for a better hand. Wink

THE LONG RUN DOESN'T MATTER IF ITS JUST ONE HAND LDO

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
titaniumbean

Equity means nothing.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #52 on: December 23, 2011, 08:10:20 PM »

burn tittybean burn.

gl getting that $12 now

yh agreed, knocking you for $300 is too much and greatly against the code of ethical grimming, $12 is fine I can sleep happily with that Smiley

<3 ethical grimming between friends.
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 23, 2011, 09:44:50 PM »

Why this range?

for balance

that post sounds like Rob Yong trying to tell me (after sucking out with AT<A5 aip in our HU sng) that my AT was a bad call because although mathematically it's correct, we were only playing that match once so I should've waited for a better hand. Wink

THE LONG RUN DOESN'T MATTER IF ITS JUST ONE HAND LDO

that's nothing like what I meant lol.

b4matt

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 23, 2011, 09:55:29 PM »

Why this range?

for balance

Sigh i am so out of my depth. I don't even understand some of the words in that sentence.

'conbinatronic' is my new fave ever word. Happy xmas all xx
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: