blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:34:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  AA in a 3 bet pot...
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: AA in a 3 bet pot...  (Read 2290 times)
craiggg999

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 28, 2011, 06:29:46 PM »

Thats my exact reason for not 4betting Bully....
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 28, 2011, 09:03:39 PM »

In regard to your comment about pre sizing bets CambridgeAlex, he was 3 betting like 80% of the time, so wanted to keep it in that sort of range so that he could feel like he could 3 bet me, rather than me making it £20 /£25 and him having to feel like he has to make it £60 which i feel could put him off 3 betting...

in this case we need to 4bet.

Why?

if we open smaller the induce a 3bet we THINK, but are not sure we're going to get (so we can peel and play a bigger pot) surely we're better off just opening bigger, then when we get a caller the pots the same size? I don't get too much why we'd open smaller to induce a small 3bet we're vs an opponent to call and play a smaller HU pot when we could maybe play a bigger pot by openeing to £25 and getting two callers

muckthenuts

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 28, 2011, 11:55:59 PM »

In regard to your comment about pre sizing bets CambridgeAlex, he was 3 betting like 80% of the time, so wanted to keep it in that sort of range so that he could feel like he could 3 bet me, rather than me making it £20 /£25 and him having to feel like he has to make it £60 which i feel could put him off 3 betting...

in this case we need to 4bet.

Why?

if we open smaller the induce a 3bet we THINK, but are not sure we're going to get (so we can peel and play a bigger pot) surely we're better off just opening bigger, then when we get a caller the pots the same size? I don't get too much why we'd open smaller to induce a small 3bet we're vs an opponent to call and play a smaller HU pot when we could maybe play a bigger pot by openeing to £25 and getting two callers

Nah i was wondering why you'd 4bet here. Did you mean in general we should be 4betting him more rather than just this spot?
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 29, 2011, 12:01:08 AM »

I mean if I deliberatley opened small to induce a 3bet with ACES here in a spot vs a spazzy oppo I'd 100% be doing it so I could 4bet. Otherwise I'd just open much bigger, we're all sat in the same room playing with real cards and chips. People never fold

Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: