blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 03:14:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272597 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  Made a flush now what do I do £2-5 at broadway
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Made a flush now what do I do £2-5 at broadway  (Read 1564 times)
ih8winning

View Profile
« on: December 25, 2011, 07:57:24 PM »

Okay so I'm about £900 deep I open  utg+1 to £15 HJ 3bets 2 £40 hijack is nitty but very good and plays a lot higher games than £2-5. I'm treating his 3bet as a strong hand huge loose fish on button flats has (£550) BB calls I call flop is  two hearts BB checks I think of leading here thoughts? But I check 3better leads £60 fish calls BB folds I call turn is the 10s I think again of leading but with the fish on button I feel he's capable of going crazy here so I check villain leads for £210 button folds thoughts on this turn?
Bully87
Just a 50NL Fish

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2011, 08:12:34 PM »

Seems fine up to now as you knew you wanted to keep the fish in but hasn't spazzed. You've made your hand, theres 517 quidderz in the middle and you have 700 back, I hope you raised.
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2011, 02:02:25 AM »

I'd lead the turn personally, the 3better has a flush pretty much never because every high card spade spade combo except As is blocked so if he doesn't have As he needs to have 3b K9s A9s, 67s, 79s and none of this is very likely, the fish has a pretty wide range and more likely to have overcalled PF with unsuited cards and will have big spade/pair combo's a decent amount. Plus the 3better is likely to pot control  Ax and Kx now and possibly even TT should he have that hand.

In awkward spots like this I don't like to rely on the fish to behave in a certain way without a solid solid read on his tendencies because letsnot forget most of these people act completely at random, plus if you c/r the fish the reg will hero fold everything he's pot controlling cos its so obv you have a flush whereas he might call a lead with a large chunk of that range.

As played, having said how infrequently the 3better has a flush, he has now made a quite sizable bet into 2 players both of whom can have a bunch of legitimate flushes, so I'd be pretty damn concerned about the situation. i would just call now for sure, OTR we're going to have a rather horrible decision. If it's a brick then i'm going to chk and if he bets I will base my desicion on a) how likely he is to have 3bet suited connecters, specifically 67 or 79 and b) how likely he is to bet AA or KK for value here.  I'd call for sure in game but if he's tight like you say he is then I'd defo consider this a great spot for a hero fold cos of how blocked all the smaller flushes are.

if the river is the  or the then i'd like to call here because I feel he'd PC AA/KK with a fd but at the same time once those cards fall his value range is combinatronically so thin that he prolly just has it lol

Don;t raise the turn ever IMO. if you're going to check call any brick river yuo could consider a river jam as a decent vacuum play, try muddle his head up and call it off with AA/KK/TT cos he'll check a LOT back i think

Pugwashed

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2011, 02:08:36 AM »

Seems fine as played. Raising turn is terrible, check/call turn, check/call a shove on the river. Easy game.

Villain can be 3 barrelling a lot to get you top fold 66/77/99/JJ etc. Raising turn folds out these bluffs and might let him fold some hands you beat that he might value bet river with.
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2011, 02:11:06 AM »

this does not imo seem like a good spot to barrel the turn with nothing for the 3bettor given the situation he is in. everyone's range at every point inthe hand has been smashed.

Seems he will have quite a bit Tongue

****disclaimer*** I'm completely absolutley smashed so might be talkign bolliocks

muckthenuts

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2011, 06:30:59 AM »

I quite like leading the turn with Kaveh (?) prolly gonna play straightforward here and the fish in the pot, think it checks through a lot otherwise on this card. I'd want 2 more streets off the fish and Kaveh probably won't fold anything decent considering your image.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2011, 06:35:49 AM by muckthenuts » Logged
ih8winning

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2011, 04:14:48 AM »

So heres what happened my 1st though was to shove the turn after he bet but theres not tht many hands im getting called by in his range alot are bluffs with As KxQxJx PLus some other random barrel hands. He can have Some smaller flushes and flopped sets but all in all i felt his range was more weighted to bluffs. Also he will bet non spade rivers against me with a set. So I called there wasnt tht many river cards Id shove but Ax Kx Qx were probably the 3 cards As I wouldnt shove obv! The river came the 10s i checked and he checked back I won and he showed me 88 sigh!
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2011, 05:20:31 AM »

Doesnt he have a FH ?

sola virtus nobilitat
david3103

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2011, 07:44:41 AM »

Misdeal?
Turn 
River 

It's more about the winning than the winnings

5 November 2012 - Kinboshi says "Best post ever on blonde thumbs up"
muckthenuts

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2011, 11:34:15 AM »

A non pairing spade came on the river which went check check.
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2011, 12:11:53 PM »

but all in all i felt his range was more weighted to bluffs.

you have to be mistaken here is he's good. the turn seems like a bad spot barrel off given he's sadnwhiched between you who lots of flop draws and the fish who's range will remain wide and prolly isn't going to fold (sepshly if he has a spade in his hand)

AlexMartin
spewtards r us

rat+rabbiting society of herts- future champ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2011, 05:13:21 PM »

WTF @ responses in this thread? just shove the turn, hes not bet-folding much and he will likely not barrel river with this psr.

grats on getting there with an actual hand.

edit: just seen ur deep. whats ur image? if ur inline c/c, if ur splashing about halleluyah ur getting paid.

SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2011, 05:36:03 PM »

WTF @ responses in this thread? just shove the turn

hi derr Smiley

I'd lead the turn personally, the 3better has a flush pretty much never because every high card spade spade combo except As is blocked

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: