blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 10:31:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272619 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Late Night Poker final tonight, Ch 4 12.55am
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Late Night Poker final tonight, Ch 4 12.55am  (Read 9930 times)
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: December 11, 2011, 04:30:16 AM »

Lolling very hard here

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
dakky

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: December 11, 2011, 05:07:22 AM »

I vicky is great at what she does, and I thought okell played a blinder.
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: December 11, 2011, 02:26:46 PM »

If I was producing a poker show for a mainstream audience I couldn't think of a better commentator than Vicky Coren. So many attributes, but importantly she is a sublime and witty wordsmith who can build excitement and tension. People should realise she isn't providing a tutorial service but giving her opinions as she sees it. I don't know why she should be chastised for being confident about her views, I mean the fact that a woman can have determined opinions about poker on a mainstream show is a wonderful thing and good for the game overall. She is prob a better player than most of her audience and experienced more success than most of her audience so she is a perfectly qualified commentator for that audience. I always find it funny when snobby poker grinders worry that opinions can teach other people to play bad. I figure they must be very caring people underneath for worrying like that.

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: January 11, 2012, 10:51:38 AM »

Just finished reading Vicky Coren's book.

Really excellent, very well written & seems very authentic to me and so much to identify with (don't know if very is needed in front of a word like authentic).

Anyway, very honest, quite moving in parts and evocative of another time and place as well as bringing us up to speed with where poker had got to at the time the book was written.

It's gotta be a 10/10

sola virtus nobilitat
bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: January 11, 2012, 02:27:35 PM »

If I was producing a poker show for a mainstream audience I couldn't think of a better commentator than Vicky Coren. So many attributes, but importantly she is a sublime and witty wordsmith who can build excitement and tension. People should realise she isn't providing a tutorial service but giving her opinions as she sees it. I don't know why she should be chastised for being confident about her views, I mean the fact that a woman can have determined opinions about poker on a mainstream show is a wonderful thing and good for the game overall. She is prob a better player than most of her audience and experienced more success than most of her audience so she is a perfectly qualified commentator for that audience. I always find it funny when snobby poker grinders worry that opinions can teach other people to play bad. I figure they must be very caring people underneath for worrying like that.

This in a nutshell.

How funny it is that people give their opinion in a forthright manner as if anything else must be ridic but then complain that someone being paid to provide comm/colour and excitement says it as she see's it.

Vicky is brill at what she does, plays good poker and is very very approachable for someone in her position.

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: