blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 07:40:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Vegas Trip Information for anyone looking to go this year.
Pages: 1 ... 87 88 89 90 [91] 92 93 94 95 ... 407 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vegas Trip Information for anyone looking to go this year.  (Read 952550 times)
redsimon

View Profile
« Reply #1350 on: June 12, 2013, 08:54:15 AM »

TI seems best bet for low costs if you playing Venetian DSE

Success has many parents but failure is an orphan

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #1351 on: June 12, 2013, 09:00:04 AM »

Need more to go on, otherwise it is grains of sand in the...errrrrr. Mojave Desert.

Budget? Decent, but not more than $2k?  Not more than $200/night??

Flexibility? 21 is slap bang in the middle of EDC so hotels are redic.  Ofc, if you want to be in town with  thousands 20-something girls off their tits on mdm with very little clothing, you might not mind the premium.  Or you might prefer to arrive on the 23rd and avoid all that...errr..... hassle.

Poker?  How much poker and where?  This will indicate if a poker rate is a solid option or not.

Simon, in answer to the last block of questions:

http://blondepoker.com/forum/index.php?topic=61442.msg1791960#msg1791960

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
MPOWER

View Profile
« Reply #1352 on: June 12, 2013, 09:02:34 AM »

Oh ad perhaps 17th to 10th tyty

Expedia have the RIO on offer 25% off looks like an AV of £78 per night

Regards

M
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #1353 on: June 12, 2013, 09:09:42 AM »

Need more to go on, otherwise it is grains of sand in the...errrrrr. Mojave Desert.

Budget? Decent, but not more than $2k?  Not more than $200/night??

Flexibility? 21 is slap bang in the middle of EDC so hotels are redic.  Ofc, if you want to be in town with  thousands 20-something girls off their tits on mdm with very little clothing, you might not mind the premium.  Or you might prefer to arrive on the 23rd and avoid all that...errr..... hassle.

Poker?  How much poker and where?  This will indicate if a poker rate is a solid option or not.

im booked to go on the 18th, arrive on the 18th and leave on the 10th July.

Thanks mpower.  That looks decent although still expensive, I think I may have a house sorted for 15 a night.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
Simon Galloway

View Profile
« Reply #1354 on: June 12, 2013, 09:32:16 AM »

I'm sure there's a joke in there about $2800 in vig to give you plenty of options... but it would be churlish of me to dig it out!

As a yardstick, Mirage for the duration will be $3k on a code, (incl RF & tax)

So a worse hotel for less (no point paying more ldo) or bag a room in a private house.

GL out there!

scotty77

View Profile
« Reply #1355 on: June 12, 2013, 09:57:37 PM »

I've only played 1 WSOP sat before and this year I'm planning on grinding them.  Mainly to get lammers for the main but also to flick into the 1500s that I'm gonna be playing

Thoughts on them?  Are the STTs deccee value?  Stuff to look out for?  Heard a few stories of collusion in them.  Thanks.
Simon Galloway

View Profile
« Reply #1356 on: June 12, 2013, 10:33:01 PM »

There's a weird dynamic in them where they are billed as WTA - but an unwritten assumption that business will often be done.  So there's a certain amount of "ICM-tax" situations that can crop up where it isn't certain that there will be any ICM involved anyway....

Yes, I think it is a reasonable assumption that you are playing against teams on occasion.  To not be stood in line for ages, talk to people in the line ahead of you and "brush up" your own list ~ i.e. be prepared to play what enough people ahead of you want to play in order to parachute the line.

Only playing one is a bit of a jump to decide to grind them - I have played in lol-bad $500 stts and $175 stts where everyone knew what to do 7handed.

pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #1357 on: June 13, 2013, 06:46:43 AM »

I mean this thread is just superb!

I have option of a house for 15/day but would been taxis there and back each day(I don't drive)

I saw that you estimated 300-900 per week. Anhwhere from 300-500 seems ok

I arrive on 18th and check out on 10h.

I don't mind changing hotels half way through in fact it would be fun I guess.

I'll be in either Venetian or rio most of the time so close by makes senses

I'm the nut worst at trying to find so if somebody made a great recommendation then I'd happily ship them some money.

I only found circus circus but not sure if that's good? Location etc

Thanks heroes

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #1358 on: June 13, 2013, 06:51:13 AM »

Circus circus is pretty grim I think, and down by the stratosphere, which isn't really that close to where you want to be. I'd say there is better available, certainly location wise.

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1359 on: June 13, 2013, 06:52:12 AM »

I have option of a house for 15/day but would been taxis there and back each day(I don't drive)

I'm the nut worst at trying to find so if somebody made a great recommendation then I'd happily ship them some money.

Thanks heroes

Greatest Vegas Info thread ever.

If in any doubt about anything, I strongly recommend asking Marky147, or Simon Galloway, & both of them will be in Vegas. 

If I can assist you out there in any way, come see me, I'm in the WSOP Media Centre every morning from around 6am until around Noon, depending what time I am playing that day. If you need peace & quiet to do blogging & stuff, the Media Centre is a good working environment during early mornings, & I can arrange for you to have free (& very good) Wifi & a workspace. Bring me a latte & a sticky bun on your way, obv.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
claypole

View Profile
« Reply #1360 on: June 13, 2013, 07:07:38 AM »

Based on what you've said Pads - surely the Gold Coast at c£48 a night is the best option and I am sure the bod would have some voucher deal. I've never stepped foot in the place, it is full of pensioners - however Mike and Padraig are staying there; you can walk to Rio and like a $10 can to Venetian. Based in what you've said you'll just be sleeping. It can't be worse than Circus Circus and your one doorstep of one of your two venues.

Of nobodies been recently happy to have a reccy of DaBookies room and give you some feedback
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #1361 on: June 13, 2013, 07:40:27 AM »

Thanks heroes

Greatest Vegas Info thread ever.

If in any doubt about anything, I strongly recommend asking Marky147, or Simon Galloway, & both of them will be in Vegas.  

If I can assist you out there in any way, come see me, I'm in the WSOP Media Centre every morning from around 6am until around Noon, depending what time I am playing that day. If you need peace & quiet to do blogging & stuff, the Media Centre is a good working environment during early mornings, & I can arrange for you to have free (& very good) Wifi & a workspace. Bring me a latte & a sticky bun on your way, obv.

Sounds like heaven, I'm an early riser or a very late riser so on the early rising days that sounds perfect.

Based on what you've said Pads - surely the Gold Coast at c£48 a night is the best option and I am sure the bod would have some voucher deal. I've never stepped foot in the place, it is full of pensioners - however Mike and Padraig are staying there; you can walk to Rio and like a $10 can to Venetian. Based in what you've said you'll just be sleeping. It can't be worse than Circus Circus and your one doorstep of one of your two venues.

Of nobodies been recently happy to have a reccy of DaBookies room and give you some feedback

thanks will check it out matey.

2nd half of the trip, june 30 to july 11th would be $600, deece.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2013, 07:59:08 AM by pleno1 » Logged

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1362 on: June 13, 2013, 07:40:27 AM »

He could even stay at The Rio, as I do, every year. Don't all shout at me at once, but if you are there for poker poker poker, it's just fine, imo.

I do think we get a bit snobbish about Vegas hotels at times. Those of us who grew up on the other side of the street, in the real world, & spent half our working lives in Travelodges, Premier Inns, Days Inns & the like think the Rio is 5 bloody star, we really do. And a suite at The Rio is cheaper per night than a room at a Travelodge in the UK.

Gold Coast is good, too, very cheap & a good brekkie, nice & close to Rio for WSOP stuff. 

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1363 on: June 13, 2013, 07:43:55 AM »

Oh, I forgot. If you wanna share my early morning Media Centre hospitality & facilities, DO NOT SPEAK TO ME.

In the mornings, whilst writing & stuff, I do not do talk, in fact, I'm inclined to be almost grumpy.

So if you like small talk, you can fu** right off. *

* small talk in no way refers to your height.

celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #1364 on: June 13, 2013, 07:51:26 AM »

Oh, I forgot. If you wanna share my early morning Media Centre hospitality & facilities, DO NOT SPEAK TO ME.

In the mornings, whilst writing & stuff, I do not do talk, in fact, I'm inclined to be almost grumpy.

So if you like small talk, you can fu** right off. *

* small talk in no way refers to your height.

Aye, I can see pads wanting to chat about concrete, Vegas constructions and super trains at 7 in the morning.

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
Pages: 1 ... 87 88 89 90 [91] 92 93 94 95 ... 407 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: