blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 02:47:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272608 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Vegas Trip Information for anyone looking to go this year.
Pages: 1 ... 276 277 278 279 [280] 281 282 283 284 ... 407 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vegas Trip Information for anyone looking to go this year.  (Read 960327 times)
KarmaDope

View Profile
« Reply #4185 on: January 28, 2017, 04:30:49 PM »

The difference is quite large though, this isn't a difference of give or take £50, but instead £350.

Dublin to Vegas, on those dates, via Gatwick, is £331. The return flight is via Manchester, so ask them nicely to ticket your bag through to Manchester only (tell them you're buying duty free and have to go through security again is my best option) and then dont bother getting on the return flight.

This also gives you an excuse to go to Dublin the night before, dump your luggage there, go out on the piss all night, dont sleep, and sleep on the (virgin direct flight from Gatwick) plane Smiley
redsimon

View Profile
« Reply #4186 on: January 28, 2017, 07:48:27 PM »

Stay at the Four Queens, and fly Virgin, obv.

Doing this for WSOP 14 nights plus direct flight £1K allin (though used my airmiles) Smiley

Success has many parents but failure is an orphan

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #4187 on: January 30, 2017, 08:55:18 PM »

Some advice please.

Got a few weeks West Coast travelling, starting in Vegas and finishing there. On way back in was going to spend a day/night at Hoover Dam/Lake Mead.

Despite thick end of 30 trips to LV, never been out there by car.

Anyone stayed out there, if so, any recommends please, hotels/special spots etc?

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #4188 on: January 30, 2017, 09:15:54 PM »

Flew long haul with Norwegian late 2014 from Stockholm to Bangkok and they were fine (admittedly I was in the premium cabin), no issues. Heard hit and miss stories about them since but at that price its a bargain. Obv need to bring your own food and avoid a suitcase to keep it at that low price.

Best Bitter.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4189 on: January 31, 2017, 10:04:20 AM »

Some advice please.

Got a few weeks West Coast travelling, starting in Vegas and finishing there. On way back in was going to spend a day/night at Hoover Dam/Lake Mead.

Despite thick end of 30 trips to LV, never been out there by car.

Anyone stayed out there, if so, any recommends please, hotels/special spots etc?

Hoover & Lake Mead are both so close to Las Vegas that I think most folks simply drive to or from Las Vegas, rather than stay over. (The Dam is around 30 miles from Vegas).

Not sure there is much by way of hotels at Hoover Dam, most are in Boulder City (5 or 6 miles away) & are generally poor, not at all, suitable for a man of your eminence.

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/HotelsNear-g60881-d150546-Hoover_Dam-Boulder_City_Nevada.html

One interesting idea might be Lake Las Vegas, where Celine Dion (she's a sort of singer woman) has a house. It's roughly midway between Hoover Dam & Vegas. Has it's own Golf Course, too.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lake_Las_Vegas

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4190 on: January 31, 2017, 10:09:37 AM »

Hoover Dam is one of the great Civil Engineering wonders of the world, & a must see, but you don't need long there, 2 or 3 hours is plenty.

The Dam straddles the State Line between Nevada & Arizona, & they are in different time zones, one hour apart. Two splendid art décor clocks, 50 metres apart, demonstrate this.  mark

Remember to look out for the quite splendid new bridge, a CE wonder in itself which must have been a bugger to construct. It looks beautiful, & really sits nicely viewed with the Dam as a backdrop.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mike_O'Callaghan%E2%80%93Pat_Tillman_Memorial_Bridge

« Last Edit: January 31, 2017, 10:27:06 AM by tikay » Logged

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4191 on: January 31, 2017, 10:14:29 AM »

Also, when at Hoover Dam, look out for the inclined electricity pylons - they really are quite something.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4192 on: January 31, 2017, 10:28:12 AM »

And if that lot does not excite a man, nothing will. 

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4193 on: January 31, 2017, 10:37:47 AM »

Think I need to go upstairs & have a lie down, that stuff has raised my blood pressure.  

Just imagine what the Las Vegas Tourist Industry would be like if they put me in charge.

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #4194 on: January 31, 2017, 01:38:06 PM »

Think I need to go upstairs & have a lie down, that stuff has raised my blood pressure.  

Just imagine what the Las Vegas Tourist Industry would be like if they put me in charge.

They'd be cracking on with those halted resort projects in no time Cheesy

BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #4195 on: February 11, 2017, 09:32:21 PM »

Got some decent priced free nights from a booking company.

Has anyone tried making two bookings at same hotel staying in better quality room for first few days, and lower grade for the second part of stay, and been allowed to keep better room?

Never thought of it before, and strikes me Vegas is a good place to try it, using the free high value nights first, and then booking with cash for the cheaper rooms?

Any other good ways to play this?

Cheers

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #4196 on: February 11, 2017, 11:51:17 PM »

I've only ever booked base, and then waved a 50/100 about at check-in.

Can only make you cough up a few quid extra to stay in the better room for the other nights, so worth a punt.

duncthehat
25 years married to a EU Citizen

View Profile
« Reply #4197 on: February 13, 2017, 02:04:13 AM »

Got some decent priced free nights from a booking company.

Has anyone tried making two bookings at same hotel staying in better quality room for first few days, and lower grade for the second part of stay, and been allowed to keep better room?

Never thought of it before, and strikes me Vegas is a good place to try it, using the free high value nights first, and then booking with cash for the cheaper rooms?

Any other good ways to play this?

Cheers

Had to book 2 blocks of 14 nights at the Plaza a few years back.   Deluxe Rooms then Standard and yep let us stay in the deluxe for second booking

Fighting for EU Citizens Resident in the UK #RightToStay
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #4198 on: February 13, 2017, 09:05:50 AM »

Cheers Dunc.

shipitgood

View Profile
« Reply #4199 on: February 14, 2017, 04:24:00 PM »

Flights from uk seem to be about -£550 return to Vegas, which is reasonable.

Hotels on the strip seem to be coming in at > 2k for 2 weeks, there is also about 30 dollars a night resort fees on top of that.

It  just  seems the cost of hotels are reasonably expensive no doubt the current £ to € rate doesn't help.

Off the strip seems cheaper for hotels.

Is it better staying at a hotel on the strip / in the centre, and any suggestions for hotels?
Pages: 1 ... 276 277 278 279 [280] 281 282 283 284 ... 407 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: