blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 11:45:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272539 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Vegas Trip Information for anyone looking to go this year.
Pages: 1 ... 298 299 300 301 [302] 303 304 305 306 ... 407 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vegas Trip Information for anyone looking to go this year.  (Read 957498 times)
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #4515 on: January 09, 2018, 07:21:09 PM »

Never been to Vegas before but after putting it off a few times and now recovered from illness that gave me a new look on life I’m looking at going this year...any advice appreciated

Looking to go 22-29th June to play either the monster stack and bounty and the Omaha hi/lo (definitely want to play this)

I am finding 7 day deals for flight and hotel for £900 upwards which I assume is a good price

What would be a half decent hotel  near the venues
Is it best to register the day before
Are there other tourneys (cheaper) if I bust out regularly played
Do they take any percentage of winnings off you (might as well be confident)
Is there plenty of choice for eateries (I have to be careful what I eat)
...and anything else a first timer would want to know

First time to Vegas and during the WSOP?

You'll love it, smurf: Poker Valhalla and Poker Woodstock rolled into one. Vegas is like if Milan and Blackpool had a teenage child: opulence and debauchery next door to each other. Steak dinner? Tenner or a monkey, depending what you what.

This thread has loads of info, so have a search.

Plenty of different options, whatever your taste. 

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
bobAlike

View Profile
« Reply #4516 on: January 10, 2018, 03:00:01 PM »

Some friends of mine want to go Vegas in September and are wanting to stay in Tropicana hotel, any issues with this location?

TIA

Ah! The element of surprise
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #4517 on: January 10, 2018, 03:26:55 PM »

Some friends of mine want to go Vegas in September and are wanting to stay in Tropicana hotel, any issues with this location?

TIA

Any particular reason they want to stay there?

Location is ok, if a little far south on the strip, for me.

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #4518 on: January 10, 2018, 03:32:13 PM »

Never been to Vegas before but after putting it off a few times and now recovered from illness that gave me a new look on life I’m looking at going this year...any advice appreciated

Looking to go 22-29th June to play either the monster stack and bounty and the Omaha hi/lo (definitely want to play this)

I am finding 7 day deals for flight and hotel for £900 upwards which I assume is a good price

Uber is your friend, so anywhere on the strip is fine.

I've never done that, except for the Monster stack. Was absolute chaos the first year I played it, and we ended up being alternates.

More tournaments, than there are McDonalds.

The only place I know that has taken the 30% is the Golden Nugget. Not sure about the tax/itin rules at present, as there is so much conflicting information out there.

Every kind of cuisine, at every price point, is there. Most places have GF & Coeliac friendly menus, too.

Never go in the VIP room at the strip clubs Smiley

bobAlike

View Profile
« Reply #4519 on: January 10, 2018, 03:39:07 PM »

TIA

They found a deal for 7 nights BA flights and hotel for 793. I should be going to but I have 400000 IHG points to spend at the Venetian Smiley

StuartHopkin

Ocho cinco

View Profile
« Reply #4520 on: January 10, 2018, 03:43:59 PM »

TIA

They found a deal for 7 nights BA flights and hotel for 793. I should be going to but I have 400000 IHG points to spend at the Venetian Smiley

Don't think you want to be in the Venetian if they are in the Tropicana!

Only 23 days to go until the Berlin Marathon! Please sponsor me at www.virginmoneygiving.com/StuartHopkin
bobAlike

View Profile
« Reply #4521 on: January 10, 2018, 04:01:53 PM »

TIA

Don't think you want to be in the Venetian if they are in the Tropicana!

It is a drag but they aren’t poker players so not sure how much time we will spend together.

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #4522 on: January 10, 2018, 04:40:09 PM »

TIA

As long as they don't mind walking, they'll be alright.

Be doing a fair bit of that, if they want to see you at the Venetian Cheesy

I'd prob just chuck a bit more dough in, and try to stay at Harrahs, or in a Flamingo GO room.

Bang in the middle of it then, and don't have to be pulling marathon's if you want to walk to/from the centre strip.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2018, 04:42:01 PM by Marky147 » Logged

KarmaDope

View Profile
« Reply #4523 on: January 12, 2018, 03:49:50 PM »

Fully expect this to go nowhere but might be worth keeping an eye on over the months...

https://www.bergermontague.com/cases?t=lawsuit-investigation-las-vegas-resort-fees&id=3585&altTemplate=legalcasetemplate
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #4524 on: January 12, 2018, 09:05:54 PM »

Fully expect this to go nowhere but might be worth keeping an eye on over the months...

https://www.bergermontague.com/cases?t=lawsuit-investigation-las-vegas-resort-fees&id=3585&altTemplate=legalcasetemplate

I did 10 nights at the Cosmo last summer, and doing another 10 nights at the end of my trip this year.

Be a nice bonus if I got that back Cheesy

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #4525 on: January 13, 2018, 05:14:20 PM »

Uber is your friend, so anywhere on the strip is fine.

I've never done that, except for the Monster stack. Was absolute chaos the first year I played it, and we ended up being alternates.

More tournaments, than there are McDonalds.

The only place I know that has taken the 30% is the Golden Nugget. Not sure about the tax/itin rules at present, as there is so much conflicting information out there.

Every kind of cuisine, at every price point, is there. Most places have GF & Coeliac friendly menus, too.

Never go in the VIP room at the strip clubs Smiley

I had the Golden Nugget experience on my last day last year and couldn't get anything resolved in time.

I am going through the reclaim right now.  You can go through an agent in the UK to get an ITIN and reclaim your witholding back.   It s going to cost me just over £400.  I tried two others and one quoted near double that and another wouldn't quote before speaking to me on the phone, despite me asking twice.

I have to fill in form W7 and go to an office with my passport.   I am near that office next week, but you can do it be registered delivery and skype if that isn't possible.

Obviously this is al a bit of a ballache, but I'd take losing £432 vs losing the original $4705 (also the exchange rate hasn't been kind, but that is just randomness).  I expect I'll lose some costs on the transfer of cash too.

I will update the thread if and when it is through, and if I get paid.  As I understand it, I needed to wait until 2018 before I could start the process, but it would also have been possible to do in the US without the fees if I go back in June.   But given I only ever go for a week, spending a day or so of that trying to sort out tax doesn't appeal.

Before you play the Golden Nugget, either get an ITIN or recognise there is this possible downside.  The rake was pretty brutal too; the $250 tournaments were $200+$50.  On the upside, I played there three times and chopped two tournaments.  Poker room was lovely and the dealers were nearly all decent.    If you don't want the ballache, and don't have an ITIN, it is worth trying to chop under $5000.  In the first $250 tournament, the $5000 limit was on a few people's mind, hence the 6 way chop.   

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4526 on: January 16, 2018, 09:39:50 AM »

Is this of any use, or is it just the usual Wooly Jumper puff & bollox?

Dear Anthony,

Do you have to be down in the dumps this month? People often believe myths like the ‘January Blues’ because they’ve never taken the time to question them. What if January could be the best month of the year? How about waking up in the morning and grabbing the day with both hands, saying ‘screw it, let’s do it!’. Watch our new video right here for inspiration.

So instead of succumbing to the miserable myth, this is the perfect time to make amazing, exciting plans for the year ahead – like booking a flight in the amazing Virgin Atlantic sale. Set your sights on the swaying palm trees of Los Angeles, the hills and history of San Francisco or the bright lights of Las Vegas, and get a brilliant bargain when you book before 8 February 2018.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #4527 on: January 16, 2018, 01:21:42 PM »

Amazing deals on BA over the weekend too. Got a direct flight for £429. Fare part was only £80.

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #4528 on: January 16, 2018, 02:24:03 PM »

Amazing deals on BA over the weekend too. Got a direct flight for £429. Fare part was only £80.

First time direct ?

sola virtus nobilitat
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #4529 on: January 16, 2018, 05:53:51 PM »

Always direct. Always business class minimum.

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
Pages: 1 ... 298 299 300 301 [302] 303 304 305 306 ... 407 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: