blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 10:54:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Vegas Trip Information for anyone looking to go this year.
Pages: 1 ... 171 172 173 174 [175] 176 177 178 179 ... 407 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vegas Trip Information for anyone looking to go this year.  (Read 960655 times)
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #2610 on: December 31, 2014, 12:51:36 AM »

Book direct if you're going to be doing a fair bit of gambling, imo.

That way you have scope to get some free nights, meals etc.

Something to weigh up before you decide which way to go.

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #2611 on: December 31, 2014, 12:34:59 PM »

What's with the Wynn this year.  Was looking for a week around the WSOP.  Was getting £200 a night.  Mandarin Oriental only £1k for 7 nights.  Kind of tempting. 

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #2612 on: December 31, 2014, 09:44:27 PM »

What's with the Wynn this year.  Was looking for a week around the WSOP.  Was getting £200 a night.  Mandarin Oriental only £1k for 7 nights.  Kind of tempting. 

If it's the 3rd week in June, they usually have the EDC, and that will likely cost a bit more than £200 a night.

At present, I've no idea what's going on in June, besides the WSOP...

Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #2613 on: December 31, 2014, 11:26:46 PM »

If it's the 3rd week in June, they usually have the EDC, and that will likely cost a bit more than £200 a night.

Probably some conference for the Association of Reinforced Steel, Concrete and Girder Lovers and tikay's booked the front row for a BlondeBash.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
Graham C

Moo

View Profile
« Reply #2614 on: January 01, 2015, 05:30:13 PM »

I know this is the Vegas thread but out of interest, does anyone go or has anyone been to any of the other alternative gambling destinations such as Reno, Tahoe, Atlantic City?

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #2615 on: January 01, 2015, 06:03:42 PM »

I know this is the Vegas thread but out of interest, does anyone go or has anyone been to any of the other alternative gambling destinations such as Reno, Tahoe, Atlantic City?

Before getting about was more hassle, I often thought about doing a couple days on the East Coast for a mooch around.

Having spoken to a few people that have, I decided not to bother Cheesy

One place I do want to go is Macau, and Cos' great reports haven't dampened my enthusiasm.

Simon Galloway

View Profile
« Reply #2616 on: January 01, 2015, 07:29:10 PM »

Defo don't bother with AC.  It is tricky to get to, and Borgata aside, is pretty dire.

I haven't been to Reno, but by all accounts there isn't anything there that is in any way better than LV.

duncthehat
25 years married to a EU Citizen

View Profile
« Reply #2617 on: January 01, 2015, 10:04:54 PM »

What's with the Wynn this year.  Was looking for a week around the WSOP.  Was getting £200 a night.  Mandarin Oriental only £1k for 7 nights.  Kind of tempting.  

Yeah EDC is third weekend again this year.  Room rates are mega over that weekend as usual.  My plan this year was to leave vegas and do some touristy things that weekend BUT Seniors event has been scheduled for the same time this year Sad

Fighting for EU Citizens Resident in the UK #RightToStay
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #2618 on: January 01, 2015, 10:18:52 PM »

What's with the Wynn this year.  Was looking for a week around the WSOP.  Was getting £200 a night.  Mandarin Oriental only £1k for 7 nights.  Kind of tempting.  

Yeah EDC is third weekend again this year.  Room rates are mega over that weekend as usual.  My plan this year was to leave vegas and do some touristy things that weekend BUT Seniors event has been scheduled for the same time this year Sad

If you check around the third party sites, you can sometimes snag a room at a decent rate, before they cotton on.

I managed to book the first weekend for £100, when it was £400 direct, a few years back, and then just booked the other 2 weeks direct on the 'black monday' promo rate.

StuartHopkin

Ocho cinco

View Profile
« Reply #2619 on: January 02, 2015, 12:18:31 PM »

A friend was on the phone to virgin the other day about various flights ,the person on the phone advised him to wait till New Years day and to phone up they have some deals on
It may just be their normal sale ??

Did your friend have any luck with this?

Only 23 days to go until the Berlin Marathon! Please sponsor me at www.virginmoneygiving.com/StuartHopkin
tonytats

View Profile
« Reply #2620 on: January 02, 2015, 01:41:39 PM »

I'm not sure I will ask
tonytats

View Profile
« Reply #2621 on: January 02, 2015, 03:21:25 PM »

He said various dates I.e feb ,June to vegas and Orlando in October had dropped by £100
But didn't book anything !!
Unfortunately he's terrible at making his mind up
I'm going in January already booked as in feb I've got commitments then another ten days away in early March
originally he was going in feb with a work mate and their wives , then said no and was on about going with me in January !
Attempts to get thro today have led to 4 x20 min waits on the phone which he's then given up on
He's going to try later
Juice_josh
Probation

View Profile
« Reply #2622 on: January 06, 2015, 02:52:23 AM »

Does anyone know of any websites that let you search for vegas packages more than 12months in advance? Say about February/march next year? All the ones I've looked at so far only go about 11-12months in advance
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #2623 on: January 06, 2015, 04:51:07 AM »

Does anyone know of any websites that let you search for vegas packages more than 12months in advance? Say about February/march next year? All the ones I've looked at so far only go about 11-12months in advance

Flight schedules usually only go up to a year in advance I'm afraid. Might have to twiddle your thumbs for a few weeks before it all becomes bookable.

Could be worth looking at hotels now for around when you wanna go. Say for example Expedia have a good deal on a hotel you wanted for 1st week of Feb, then chances are it will still be on offer when the flights are also released soon..... solid preparation could save you a bit of time/money.

Best Bitter.
Simon Galloway

View Profile
« Reply #2624 on: January 06, 2015, 10:03:21 AM »

Monitoring room prices for the summer now, prices definitely jumping around (in both directions) by up to 25% so defo don't jump in to the first price you see.  Has anyone found a great new source for room bookings this year?  I'm using a mixture of voucher codes direct with thehotels + trivago + lowcostusa and it seems like lowcostusa is winning most times.

Pages: 1 ... 171 172 173 174 [175] 176 177 178 179 ... 407 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: