blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 06:33:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272540 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Vegas Trip Information for anyone looking to go this year.
Pages: 1 ... 209 210 211 212 [213] 214 215 216 217 ... 407 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vegas Trip Information for anyone looking to go this year.  (Read 957582 times)
Simon Galloway

View Profile
« Reply #3180 on: May 28, 2015, 10:04:47 AM »

I've resolved to go to a magic show this year. I'm a big fan of magic, so I know the main acts: Penn & Teller, Copperfield, Angel, etc.

Has anyone got any recommendations? How long are the shows? Audience participation? Value for money?

I personally didn't rate Penn and Teller, felt their show was very tired and they were cashing in their chips a bit, giving a "here's a trip down memory lane" (= here's all our old tricks for you) but others on here enjoyed it.  Angel, I spoke to someone that was involved in the production and they said he was a prize dick, very very arrogant and the show was just a terrible show.  Kind of surprised it is still running, but if you have to make any choices, drop this one.

Never seen Copperfield, did see Lance Burton (not sure if he still has a show) which was pretty decent (but then it was a free ticket...)

I saw Nathan Burton on a free ticket, with nothing better to do one afternoon. Not bad
Kris Angel must be shit, Mlife properties were virtually giving the tix away for his shows.

Simon how much bloody time did you spend on myvegas to get to that level? I started on my tablet, non facebook app, only joined facebook to cash the points in. I got to level 40, but just used auto spin as much as possible.

It is some effort to get everything unlocked, very possibly not worth it. Once you have 500 auto spins unlocked, it just runs in the background, no effort at all.

In the old days you could get a mirage tower suite, but sadly no more. Even if you are staying some where else, can still spend a nice day there by the pool, see love with a free ticket and then crash in a free room coz you can't be bothered to get a cab.

MLHMLH

View Profile
« Reply #3181 on: May 28, 2015, 02:41:24 PM »

Apologies if answered elsewhere but I haven't been to Vegas for about five years. Planning a last minute trip next week and I'm going to be combining playing poker with my job so wondering about...

1) The state of wi-fi in the poker rooms, don't mind paying for it (will be mostly playing Planet Hollywood and The Rio)
2) How hard it is to get a pay as you go phone out there, or even if that's still the best option.

TIA for any help.

Don't know if it's what you need but I've bought a 3 sim card for 75p from B and M's, popped it into my (unlocked) phone and apparently all you need to do is buy a 'feel at home' credit bundle over here (for example I think you get 200 minutes, 3000 texts and 2gb of data for £20) and then just use it in the states as you would at home as 3 has no roaming charges.
Someone recommended it on here.

*edit* Just checked the website and you need to buy an 'add on' for £15 which gets you 300 mins, 3000 texts and what should be all you can eat data but they limit it to 25gb abroad,  so it's actually even better than I thought.  You do have to double check with 3 that your roaming is on though.
Thanks for this, I don't have an unlocked phone sadly so not sure that'll work for me, thank your for the reply though.

Depends how long you've had your current contract for but I rang O2 about getting my phone unlocked and they did it for me free of charge.  I think EE charge £8 if you're eligible. Not sure about the others. Definitely worth a phone call.
tonytats

View Profile
« Reply #3182 on: May 28, 2015, 03:02:08 PM »

Virgin currently giving 20% more air miles if you buy them
so my mate purchased 100 k ? For 1300£
 and booked 2 premium economy flights which were on the website for £2800
so he's well happy
There's always a way round to a deal you just gotta find it
ForthThistle

View Profile
« Reply #3183 on: June 02, 2015, 08:48:27 PM »

Help.

Dad's home an been told he aint going back to USA by the Docs.
I have been told that I will be getting the Airmiles that My Dad and Mum have accrued. They have around 200K miles with UNITED Airlines.

Going to book something for Next September to Vegas.

Help Appreciated...

APAT NLHE Southern European Champion 2010
Take on Tikay February League Winner 2011

Rastafish throws himself headfirst into the railbirds, arms outstretched but the sea of bodies parts and Rastafish misses and crashes through the barrier on all fours.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #3184 on: June 02, 2015, 09:10:16 PM »

Even I've never booked that far in advance, and don't think it's possible Cheesy

Speak to the airline, but I'd guess you'll need to wait a while before they'll have a fligh schedule for 2016 up.

Glad the old man is home, and hope he's on the mend.

ForthThistle

View Profile
« Reply #3185 on: June 02, 2015, 10:05:46 PM »

Even I've never booked that far in advance, and don't think it's possible Cheesy

Speak to the airline, but I'd guess you'll need to wait a while before they'll have a fligh schedule for 2016 up.

You think I can get 2 flights to Vegas and back for 200K?

Rastafish throws himself headfirst into the railbirds, arms outstretched but the sea of bodies parts and Rastafish misses and crashes through the barrier on all fours.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #3186 on: June 02, 2015, 10:18:23 PM »

You think I can get 2 flights to Vegas and back for 200K?

Wouldn't have a clue.

Only used United once, and that was for a multi-city in '09.

Not sure how their rewards scheme works, so I'd just bell them.

Longines
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #3187 on: June 03, 2015, 01:02:34 AM »

Help.

I have been told that I will be getting the Airmiles that My Dad and Mum have accrued. They have around 200K miles with UNITED Airlines.

Help Appreciated...

I've been collecting United miles for 15+ years so know a bit about their scheme. The good news is yes, 2 of you can get to Vegas with 200k miles.

It costs 60k for a return Saver ticket from Europe to anywhere in North America. There are a limited number of Saver redemptions available on each flight so book early (max 330 days beforehand IIRC) and be flexible on dates. If Saver isn't available then it's 65k one way for a normal ticket.

You could do one way in business class and one way in economy for 97,500 miles each. One way in First and one way in Economy would be 110k per ticket.

You are allowed to do a multi leg trip with a stopover for the same number of miles. Me and the family are doing London-New York-Toronto- London next month for 60k miles each.

There is a United credit card that currently offers 12000 miles for signing up and spending about a grand in the first 3 months and then offers 1 mile per £1 spent, can be a good way of racking up some extra miles.

pvas2

View Profile
« Reply #3188 on: June 05, 2015, 12:17:26 AM »

Virgin currently giving 20% more air miles if you buy them
so my mate purchased 100 k ? For 1300£
 and booked 2 premium economy flights which were on the website for £2800
so he's well happy
There's always a way round to a deal you just gotta find it

Thanks a lot for this, it saved me about £400 for an economy return on the last minute dates I wanted!
tonytats

View Profile
« Reply #3189 on: June 05, 2015, 06:40:22 AM »

I'm glad it helped - that's the whole idea of it !
That Virgin deal sounded pretty good to me shame I'd already booked
ForthThistle

View Profile
« Reply #3190 on: June 05, 2015, 08:34:21 AM »

Help.

Help Appreciated...

I've been collecting United miles for 15+ years so know a bit about their scheme. The good news is yes, 2 of you can get to Vegas with 200k miles.

It costs 60k for a return Saver ticket from Europe to anywhere in North America. There are a limited number of Saver redemptions available on each flight so book early (max 330 days beforehand IIRC) and be flexible on dates. If Saver isn't available then it's 65k one way for a normal ticket.

You could do one way in business class and one way in economy for 97,500 miles each. One way in First and one way in Economy would be 110k per ticket.

You are allowed to do a multi leg trip with a stopover for the same number of miles. Me and the family are doing London-New York-Toronto- London next month for 60k miles each.

There is a United credit card that currently offers 12000 miles for signing up and spending about a grand in the first 3 months and then offers 1 mile per £1 spent, can be a good way of racking up some extra miles.

Brilliant info. Your Help is Appreciated.

Jac

View Profile
« Reply #3191 on: June 06, 2015, 12:50:33 AM »

Hi
Are there any forms that need filling out to avoid being initially taxed on tournament winnings in Vegas for British players?
A friend has suggested that there is. He's said that otherwise a % of prize money is withheld and it can require some effort to get it released.

Any help would be appreciated
brookie

View Profile
« Reply #3192 on: June 06, 2015, 11:47:32 AM »

Only needed for winning over $5k i believe
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #3193 on: June 06, 2015, 11:50:17 AM »

Hi
Are there any forms that need filling out to avoid being initially taxed on tournament winnings in Vegas for British players?
A friend has suggested that there is. He's said that otherwise a % of prize money is withheld and it can require some effort to get it released.

It's an ITIN number, which most cardrooms* will provide you with, upon winning an amount over $5k.

*Not the case at the Golden Nugget

Couple friends of mine had some money withheld a couple years back, and both of them got it back without too much aggro, albeit not too quickly.

Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #3194 on: June 06, 2015, 11:52:44 AM »

Hi

There's a few useful comments here:

http://blondepoker.com/forum/index.php?topic=56335.msg2043550#msg2043550

The thread is obviously too much to read cover to cover, but it's worth using the search function above all the posts on the page. If you're in a thread, it will only search for the word, letters, term in that thread. "Tax form" took me to that post linked above.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
Pages: 1 ... 209 210 211 212 [213] 214 215 216 217 ... 407 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: