blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 11:59:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272539 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live Tournament Updates
| | |-+  DTD Monte Carlo £250,000 Gtd: Day 3 and final
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 67 68 [69] Go Down Print
Author Topic: DTD Monte Carlo £250,000 Gtd: Day 3 and final  (Read 132401 times)
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #1020 on: December 23, 2011, 04:20:17 PM »

<3 Titbeam Smiley

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #1021 on: December 23, 2011, 11:46:12 PM »

as I said earlier simon I'm not at all envious of you having to do it all by yourself all day, you did the best you could.

I don't think numpty is the sort of dog that should be commentating...

I remember one time I was about to make a poor-speculative peel with a small suited hand before the flop in a cash game, numpty started running around my legs and being extremely distracting, I folded and would have flopped an inferior flush vs Rob and lost a nice sum in the process.  Numpty told me afterwards he warned me off because Rob had gotten him beef dog food when he had relentlessly asked for chicken, mentioning also that he liked my shoes.

I just don't think anyone who can be swayed so easily by beef and nice trainers would satisfy everyone's demands for straight edged, unbiased commentary.

TY numpty, I owe you  one thumbs up

leethefish

winners never quit quitters never win

View Profile
« Reply #1022 on: December 24, 2011, 09:36:24 AM »

as I said earlier simon I'm not at all envious of you having to do it all by yourself all day, you did the best you could.

I remember one time I was about to make a poor-speculative peel with a small suited hand before the flop in a cash game, numpty started running around my legs and being extremely distracting, I folded and would have flopped an inferior flush vs Rob and lost a nice sum in the process.  Numpty told me afterwards he warned me off because Rob had gotten him beef dog food when he had relentlessly asked for chicken, mentioning also that he liked my shoes.

I just don't think anyone who can be swayed so easily by beef and nice trainers would satisfy everyone's demands for straight edged, unbiased commentary.

http://www.ljwcarpenter.co.uk       

http://alzheimers.org.uk/

www.ageuk.org.uk/

If you can meet with triumph and disaster And treat those two impostors just the same......yours is the Earth and everything that's in it...And - which is more --you'll be a Man, my son.
smashedagain
moderator of moderators

if you are gonna kiss arse you have to do it right

View Profile
« Reply #1023 on: December 24, 2011, 10:33:11 AM »

Dave you are top of my list to do the live commentary. Chuck you in the booth lock the door and let you loose. Smiley

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #1024 on: December 31, 2011, 12:48:39 PM »

Over the last 3 days I've watched the entire 9 hour live stream broadcast which is on youtube now.

The comments about the commentary are ridiculously unfair. Seriously, it's excellent. It must be SOO boring doing Simon's job for all that time, when so many hands are just raise and take it. In that booth, alone for like 10 hours - how he keeps it going I don't know.

He's also not as results orientated as you all made out - not at all. So many times when ppl made moves and ran into big hands he correctly said "right move, but unlucky to run into a hand" or "bad timing". I think he was spot on with almost everything. 

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
smashedagain
moderator of moderators

if you are gonna kiss arse you have to do it right

View Profile
« Reply #1025 on: January 07, 2012, 04:51:20 PM »

Over the last 3 days I've watched the entire 9 hour live stream broadcast which is on youtube now.

The comments about the commentary are ridiculously unfair. Seriously, it's excellent. It must be SOO boring doing Simon's job for all that time, when so many hands are just raise and take it. In that booth, alone for like 10 hours - how he keeps it going I don't know.

He's also not as results orientated as you all made out - not at all. So many times when ppl made moves and ran into big hands he correctly said "right move, but unlucky to run into a hand" or "bad timing". I think he was spot on with almost everything. 
Massive plus one to this Alex.
Sat playing the £500 in Dtd and Simon announces that they will be using the live stream tomorrow.

Fair play to Simon he has asked for any volunteers who would like to help out and put themselves forward to accompany him in the booth. This is a massive opportunity for someone but beware its a tough gig and you gotta be confident and thick skinned.

If JP Kelly and Simon took stick over their attempts, you will need to be at least as good as Jesse May and Caroline Cove. Gl Smiley

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
Geo the Sarge

View Profile
« Reply #1026 on: January 07, 2012, 04:57:15 PM »

Massive plus one to this Alex.
Sat playing the £500 in Dtd and Simon announces that they will be using the live stream tomorrow.

Fair play to Simon he has asked for any volunteers who would like to help out and put themselves forward to accompany him in the booth. This is a massive opportunity for someone but beware its a tough gig and you gotta be confident and thick skinned.

If JP Kelly and Simon took stick over their attempts, you will need to be at least as good as Jesse May and Caroline Cove. Gl Smiley

Has anyone messaged Pleno?

Geo

When you get..........give. When you learn.......teach
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 67 68 [69] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: