blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 03:08:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272431 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16944 Members
Latest Member: Blader
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  rate my cv
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] Go Down Print
Author Topic: rate my cv  (Read 6550 times)
ManuelsMum

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: January 16, 2012, 07:17:01 PM »

http://www.google.co.uk/products/catalog?q=laid+paper&hl=en&safe=off&prmd=imvns&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.,cf.osb&biw=1024&bih=677&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=shop&cid=1505708423173484380&sa=X&ei=X3cUT6inGI2EhQe50tinAg&ved=0CJEBEPMCMAQ

Some people go for bonded.

Forget the lie too, they can sue your ass.

I agree with the point about web searches, they do this a lot now.

When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down 'happy'. They told me i didn't understand the assignment, and I told them they didn't understand life.
J Lennon
paulhouk03
Cliqueless

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 16, 2012, 07:57:32 PM »

is printing on coloured paper a nono?

You need to get laid.
?

Just me
ManuelsMum

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 16, 2012, 08:00:41 PM »

It's the kind of crinkly stuff, feels a bit ribbed. I think off-white cream is ok, or white.

When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down 'happy'. They told me i didn't understand the assignment, and I told them they didn't understand life.
J Lennon
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 16, 2012, 10:17:23 PM »

You can lie on your CV but never lie on an application form. We use them now as most people will lie on them, that's all good until I need to get rid of you, at which point I will check every fact I can as if anything is untrue I can instantly dismiss.

Isn't gross misconduct the only 'safe' reason for instant dismissal?

Hopkin doesn't do this himself. He has a highly paid team of legal eagles to do his dirty work for him so he's very 'safe'.

They tell him he's allowed to do it then he gets the pleasure of doing his Sir Alan impression.

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
Lucky

View Profile WWW
« Reply #64 on: January 17, 2012, 12:06:26 AM »

Hi Paul,

I'm an accountancy recruiter.  London based though, so may not be able to help directly. This is the CV advice / template I give people   if they want my input.

2 definites though;

1. No lies
2. Use quantified achievements (see below) wherever possible.

FIRSTNAME  SURNAME
X  Any Street, Anytown, Postcode etc
Tel (home) xxxx xxxxxx, Tel (mobile) xxxx xxx xxx, email xxx.xxx@xxxxx.com

A (JOB TITLE) with a strong record of achieving xxxxxx and xxxx in xxxx environments / businesses, thereby maximising performance and profitability.

2005-Date   COMPANY NAME Ltd – T/o £xxx m, Cleaning & Facilities Management Business
Job Title – (xx Division) T/o xxx m
Selected to do / achieve xxxx (i.e. key / main purpose of the role).
Achievements (Nb most achievement words end in “....ed" and read well if accompanied by a quantification (e.g. increased sales by 20%).
·   Restructured the xxxxxxxxxx with emphasis on quality of output and value adding service.
·   Introduced  xxxx leading to cost reduction of x% in x months
·   Implemented xxxx that enabled significant improvements in xxx and xxxx
·   Developed competitive tendering to maximise manpower utilisation whilst balancing shareholder needs.
·   Devised reporting structures throughout the division 
·   Introduced formal procedures and presentation criteria for capital expenditure appraisal.
·   Restructured receivables control reducing debtor days by 4 and liberating £x m of extra working capital
·   Negotiated the Divisions largest contract valued at £xxx m per annum £x m achieving year on year cost savings through partnership and sharing of benefits.

2003-2005   COMPANY NAME Ltd – T/o £xxx m, xxx Business
Job Title
Recruited to raise the quality of …. (i.e. key / main purpose of the role).
·   Introduced rigour and discipline into …..
·   Negotiated an exit strategy adding £x m cash value at a time of relatively severe cash haemorrhage.
·   Devised, planned and led a £xxx ERP IT installation minimising cash flows and significantly improving business performance and visibility.
·   Led all banking relationships, satisfying banking requirements on all key covenants and giving confidence to recovery plans.

2002-2003    COMPANY NAME Ltd – T/o £xxx m, xxx Business – (part of the t/o €1.5bn xxx plc Group)
Job Title – XXX DIVISION – T/o £xx xxxx manufacturing unit
Selected to manage finance function following major capital investment, pre group-wide reorganisation.
·   Reorganised finance structure into one cohesive unit ….
·   Engaged the finance function into the xxx initiative focusing team on adding value through integration at all levels within their specific functional areas and reducing finance headcount by 15%.
·   Implemented a structure of KPI’s to monitor performance and target business improvement.
·   Relocated staff into commercial and factory areas to aid better communication & understanding of product & process flow.

2001-2002   COMPANY NAME  Ltd – T/o £xxx m,  xxx Business
Job Title
Headhunted to manage finance, HR, company secretarial, IT, Treasury and general administration.
·   Advised, presented and took financial lead for xxxx in the merger with xxx to form xxxx Group
·   Designed and implemented procedures to xxxxx   

·   Personally negotiated £x m mortgage deal for the acquisition of 5 xxx and secured a third party back-to-back sale for one site securing 100% profit.
·   Post merger successfully integrated IT, financial processes and HR and relocated offices on time and within budget.

1977-2001     Job Title – COMPANY name LTD
1972-1977     Job Title – COMPANY name LTD

QUALIFICATIONS:    Professional Qualification   (e.g. ACA) plus year 
Degree (e.g. BSc in Economics), University name plus year.

PERSONAL:   Nationality. Marital Status. No of children. Location (or state “flexible”).

CV guidance notes

·   1-2 pages maximum
·   A brief personal summary at the top  (this is your elevator statement / first impression)
·   List your job roles in reverse chronological order
·   Name /describe the company (e.g. by size / sector), so readers can identify with it
·   Add your  job Title
·   Show a one line reason for appointment / highlighting the key purpose of your role
·   List your key / most  important achievements (usually 6 or 7 for the most recent role, and progressively less detail for earlier roles)
·   Remember achievements show what  you actually did....if you only list responsibilities these are what you should have done. Achievements are much more powerful and action orientated.  Quantified achievements even more so!
·   Achievements are often described by using words ending in  ....ed and are best if quantified to make them more powerful (e.g. reduced costs by 10%, e.g. improved sales by 20%)
·   No harm in summarising early career to save space.
anthonyl
Old blog:

www.lindfield1984.blogspot.com

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 17, 2012, 08:15:00 PM »

Hi Paul,

I'm an accountancy recruiter.  London based though, so may not be able to help directly. This is the CV advice / template I give people   if they want my input.

2 definites though;

1. No lies
2. Use quantified achievements (see below) wherever possible.

FIRSTNAME  SURNAME
X  Any Street, Anytown, Postcode etc
Tel (home) xxxx xxxxxx, Tel (mobile) xxxx xxx xxx, email xxx.xxx@xxxxx.com

A (JOB TITLE) with a strong record of achieving xxxxxx and xxxx in xxxx environments / businesses, thereby maximising performance and profitability.

2005-Date   COMPANY NAME Ltd – T/o £xxx m, Cleaning & Facilities Management Business
Job Title – (xx Division) T/o xxx m
Selected to do / achieve xxxx (i.e. key / main purpose of the role).
Achievements (Nb most achievement words end in “....ed" and read well if accompanied by a quantification (e.g. increased sales by 20%).
·   Restructured the xxxxxxxxxx with emphasis on quality of output and value adding service.
·   Introduced  xxxx leading to cost reduction of x% in x months
·   Implemented xxxx that enabled significant improvements in xxx and xxxx
·   Developed competitive tendering to maximise manpower utilisation whilst balancing shareholder needs.
·   Devised reporting structures throughout the division 
·   Introduced formal procedures and presentation criteria for capital expenditure appraisal.
·   Restructured receivables control reducing debtor days by 4 and liberating £x m of extra working capital
·   Negotiated the Divisions largest contract valued at £xxx m per annum £x m achieving year on year cost savings through partnership and sharing of benefits.

2003-2005   COMPANY NAME Ltd – T/o £xxx m, xxx Business
Job Title
Recruited to raise the quality of …. (i.e. key / main purpose of the role).
·   Introduced rigour and discipline into …..
·   Negotiated an exit strategy adding £x m cash value at a time of relatively severe cash haemorrhage.
·   Devised, planned and led a £xxx ERP IT installation minimising cash flows and significantly improving business performance and visibility.
·   Led all banking relationships, satisfying banking requirements on all key covenants and giving confidence to recovery plans.

2002-2003    COMPANY NAME Ltd – T/o £xxx m, xxx Business – (part of the t/o €1.5bn xxx plc Group)
Job Title – XXX DIVISION – T/o £xx xxxx manufacturing unit
Selected to manage finance function following major capital investment, pre group-wide reorganisation.
·   Reorganised finance structure into one cohesive unit ….
·   Engaged the finance function into the xxx initiative focusing team on adding value through integration at all levels within their specific functional areas and reducing finance headcount by 15%.
·   Implemented a structure of KPI’s to monitor performance and target business improvement.
·   Relocated staff into commercial and factory areas to aid better communication & understanding of product & process flow.

2001-2002   COMPANY NAME  Ltd – T/o £xxx m,  xxx Business
Job Title
Headhunted to manage finance, HR, company secretarial, IT, Treasury and general administration.
·   Advised, presented and took financial lead for xxxx in the merger with xxx to form xxxx Group
·   Designed and implemented procedures to xxxxx   

·   Personally negotiated £x m mortgage deal for the acquisition of 5 xxx and secured a third party back-to-back sale for one site securing 100% profit.
·   Post merger successfully integrated IT, financial processes and HR and relocated offices on time and within budget.

1977-2001     Job Title – COMPANY name LTD
1972-1977     Job Title – COMPANY name LTD

QUALIFICATIONS:    Professional Qualification   (e.g. ACA) plus year 
Degree (e.g. BSc in Economics), University name plus year.

PERSONAL:   Nationality. Marital Status. No of children. Location (or state “flexible”).

CV guidance notes

·   1-2 pages maximum
·   A brief personal summary at the top  (this is your elevator statement / first impression)
·   List your job roles in reverse chronological order
·   Name /describe the company (e.g. by size / sector), so readers can identify with it
·   Add your  job Title
·   Show a one line reason for appointment / highlighting the key purpose of your role
·   List your key / most  important achievements (usually 6 or 7 for the most recent role, and progressively less detail for earlier roles)
·   Remember achievements show what  you actually did....if you only list responsibilities these are what you should have done. Achievements are much more powerful and action orientated.  Quantified achievements even more so!
·   Achievements are often described by using words ending in  ....ed and are best if quantified to make them more powerful (e.g. reduced costs by 10%, e.g. improved sales by 20%)
·   No harm in summarising early career to save space.

What roles do you recruit for? Got anything in Sussex?!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: