blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 11:38:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272539 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  NBA Betting
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 Go Down Print
Author Topic: NBA Betting  (Read 41385 times)
TL900

View Profile
« Reply #195 on: January 17, 2013, 08:39:30 AM »

Heat @ Lakers tonight 

@MtSpewmore
Quote from: jgcblack
I wouldn't normally try so hard, but didn't have another opportunity I could wait for. I wasn't ready to surrender what I WANTED SO MUCH, that easily, I couldn't guarantee a call with me staying stoic and relying on a flinch "top pair" calling reflex.
TL900

View Profile
« Reply #196 on: January 17, 2013, 11:18:37 AM »

http://www.oddschecker.com/basketball/nba/detroit-at-new-york/point-spread

http://www.oddschecker.com/basketball/nba/new-york-knicks-at-detroit-pistons/point-spread

3 diff books have the line different for the sky game tonight. 4.5/5.5/6.5. There is a bet here somewhere, not sure which side it is. Thoughts?

Im thinking pistons +6.5 at first thought

@MtSpewmore
I wouldn't normally try so hard, but didn't have another opportunity I could wait for. I wasn't ready to surrender what I WANTED SO MUCH, that easily, I couldn't guarantee a call with me staying stoic and relying on a flinch "top pair" calling reflex.
samj19

View Profile
« Reply #197 on: January 22, 2013, 10:36:35 PM »

Clippers +1. Lump
a.sparrow

View Profile
« Reply #198 on: January 22, 2013, 10:46:46 PM »

Just an FYI, clippers +2 widley available.
JaffaCake

View Profile
« Reply #199 on: January 22, 2013, 10:50:44 PM »

have backed clips also
samj19

View Profile
« Reply #200 on: January 23, 2013, 03:17:18 AM »

Sigh Chris Paul ruled out :/
TL900

View Profile
« Reply #201 on: January 23, 2013, 07:50:48 AM »

Swerved the clippers myself fortunately. Gona lump grizzlies tonight. Line started at -4 but it looks like its gona move in my favour before it goes the other way cuz public love betting on lakers so ima hold out for a while but def lumping grizzlies.

@MtSpewmore
TL900

View Profile
« Reply #202 on: January 24, 2013, 12:59:18 AM »

-3.5 Grizzlies bet365/Pinny chargeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

On Rockets/Nuggets O216 and Jazz/Wizard U197 too legoooooooooooooo
« Last Edit: January 24, 2013, 01:02:31 AM by TL900 » Logged

@MtSpewmore
TL900

View Profile
« Reply #203 on: January 24, 2013, 06:13:37 AM »

oioi Grizzliesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

Look at dem Golden State Warriors gooooo!

@MtSpewmore
MahoganyVic

View Profile
« Reply #204 on: January 24, 2013, 10:54:13 AM »

Watch quite a lot of NBA but never seem to catch the lakers. What is it that makes them so bad this year? Did they spend so much on Howard that the salary cap means the depth is shite, or are they just not playing well together?
TL900

View Profile
« Reply #205 on: January 24, 2013, 05:15:35 PM »

Their bench has always been v poor, but they have some injuries to steve blake and jordan hill which has made it wafer thin. No-one really understands why they are so bad. They just dont seem to have any chemistry, they are a team of allatars and just cant get anything going. This was the year lakers were supposed to be back to dominance, they were 2nd favourites to win it all just behind miami. Rumours are flying that they're gona trade howard but i really dont think he is the problem.

@MtSpewmore
Boba Fett
Doctor of Thugonomics

Pain is Temporary!

View Profile
« Reply #206 on: January 24, 2013, 05:26:42 PM »

Watch quite a lot of NBA but never seem to catch the lakers. What is it that makes them so bad this year? Did they spend so much on Howard that the salary cap means the depth is shite, or are they just not playing well together?

Where to start where to start.

Gasol, his knees are done and he has lingering injuries so he has lost a lot of his explosiveness and speed which is affecting offense and defence.
Gasol+ Howard - on offence they do a run a good pick and roll and Gasols inside passing for Howard is pretty good but when they are both on the floor the Lakers transition defence is horrible.  I think its bottom 5 in the NBA when they are both on the floor so team are just pushing the ball up the floor quickly when both players are on the floor.
Nash - Great pg, great shooter, great passer, can run the offence but his defence has never been good so the Lakers are getting killed defensively by good guards.  Kobe has been guarding the PGs recently but the extra effort it takes to guard a good PG means Kobe is getting worn out faster in games and his scoring and efficiency is down.  When they play teams with a good guard combo and nash is forced to guard someone good they just get crushed
Kobe - as mentioned, is having to guard PGs since Nash cant guard anyone, its wearing him down so his scoring is down, fg % is down and he is still just throwing up shots without caring.  Howard has been complaining in public that Kobe is taking too many shots and not putting the ball inside (to him) enough
The bench - Not got enough off the bench, so many poor role players.  Even the 2 guys you would expect to be half decent, Jamison and Duhon have been bad so it means going with the starters for longer than they would like to.  A few weeks ago they had Howard and Gasol injured for a few games and had to bring in guys from the D-league to start and sit on the bench and they had to rely on Kobe, nash and World Peace just trying to score as many as they could between them and forcing teams into shootouts.  It didnt work out well for them.

Recently they have started with Earl Clark in place of Gasol to balance the 2nd unit and to break up the Gasol/Howard combo but Gasol quickly slammed the move and said he has never been a role player and didnt want to start now.  He looks a pretty good favourite to be traded before the deadline.  I imagine they try to trade him for a backup big guy and a defensive guard

Also imo I just dont think D'Antoni is a good coach, he had a great team for the 7 seconds or less offence in Pheonix that did really well and was great to watch.  I dont think he can coaches any other style very well and he doesnt have the players that can run teams off the floor

Ya gotta crawl before ya ball!
MahoganyVic

View Profile
« Reply #207 on: January 24, 2013, 11:40:27 PM »

Cheers for the replies, great stuff!
TL900

View Profile
« Reply #208 on: January 25, 2013, 07:08:50 PM »

Sound like a broken record but anyone fancy betting against lakers again tonight? Im def betting thunder -4 vs them on sunday. Jazz are kinda rubbish on the road though, but it is the lakers......

@MtSpewmore
TL900

View Profile
« Reply #209 on: January 26, 2013, 06:43:30 AM »

Swerved the Jazz thankfully.

How good is kyrie irving? Jesus christ. Kid is gona be unbelievable in a couple of years.

Clippers play blazers twice in the next 2 days. The early lines are Blazers -2 in Portland and Clippers -9 in LA. 11pt difference seems a bit crazy no? I think theres a bet there somewhere just not sure what it is.

Pounding OKC -4 vs Lakers on sunday.

@MtSpewmore
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: