blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 02:32:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272484 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  An Ape and a notebook, how long will it take?
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 41 ... 253 Go Down Print
Author Topic: An Ape and a notebook, how long will it take?  (Read 476312 times)
jgcblack

C'est la vie

View Profile
« Reply #540 on: May 17, 2012, 01:08:07 PM »

TRIP REPORT DTD500 5 + 7 May Part 2

So we're now up to a modest 85/95k @ something stupid like 150/300 avg is 35k or something.... And we just play like a nit... Cheesy

We haven't really lost a hand all day as we've not overvalued any pairs and we've bluff caught with weak tp's, and won a lot.  We've coolered one soul and somehow won a pot with KK vs KK vs QQ aipf.. where KK folds... Cheesy and in general we're just running really really good.  Every time we 'squeeze' we've had 'IT' and every time we've decided to float or bluff its been a great runout for it.

Everything is going well...

So I now spend a few minutes alone in the toilet telling myself what I need to do:-
- relax, you're running good but you also have a good table and you're concentrating and playing great
- focus, you can still only win a few pots an orbit, dont start trying to win them all..
- we're NOT going to make a bluff for stacks, and we're not likely to set in the shorties without a hand... they will gamble with us to get a stack back
- lets have a beer, we need to relax.... ok magners ordered... now enjoy and be patient!

Back to the table and we're hearing Bradshaw chirping again, he's just nocked out someone else and is closing in on my CL.... he's a dangerous player and unfortunately in one spot where he won 2 hands on the trot and I KNEW he was bluffing the 3rd hand and wanted to call down with AK high... a 3rd player in the pot complicated things and I got out of the way.  Then the 3rd guy folds a brick turn and Andrew shows the mighty  two spades saying "If I can win with this **** then what hope do you guys have" or something to that effect.

Love Andre Bradshaw, so good for the game.

to be continued... have to change terminals to catch the next flight.....

enjoy  the story so far, next up we bet fold on a 3 diamond board..... WTF! Cheesy

rfgqqabc

View Profile
« Reply #541 on: May 17, 2012, 01:10:15 PM »

Brutal, made a cuppa and you run off before finishing!

[21:05:17] Andrew W: you wasted a non spelling mistakepost?
[21:11:08] Patrick Leonard: oll
LonOhRay

View Profile
« Reply #542 on: May 17, 2012, 02:02:28 PM »

So I now spend a few minutes alone in the toilet telling myself what I need to do:-

Love this lolllllllllllllllllllllll
david3103

View Profile
« Reply #543 on: May 17, 2012, 02:39:11 PM »

Love this lolllllllllllllllllllllll

No wonder the Gents' at DTD are often less than spotless

It's more about the winning than the winnings

5 November 2012 - Kinboshi says "Best post ever on blonde thumbs up"
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #544 on: May 17, 2012, 03:27:11 PM »

BRICKSSSSSS! we love being builders cos when we find dem bricks and slap some cement on, no problems happen and we win all the time! Cheesy

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
smashedagain
moderator of moderators

if you are gonna kiss arse you have to do it right

View Profile
« Reply #545 on: May 17, 2012, 03:45:08 PM »

What country you in this time Gloria?

This is in my top 5 diaries ATM Smiley

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
jgcblack

C'est la vie

View Profile
« Reply #546 on: May 17, 2012, 07:09:23 PM »

What country you in this time Gloria?

This is in my top 5 diaries ATM Smiley

to be revealed on my return herbs...

TOP5?Huh? how many are there?

Gloria?

I'm kinda tired as I've just arrived and been travelling for almost 24 hours solid, but I've been to this country before.  Just never this city, feels a little weird being back here in 'similar surroundings' even if they're just similar to the other parts of this country.

Anyways.... back on with the nories...

So, we get John 'skalie' Kalmar moved to our left in place of the QQ busto boy, and David L'honore busts with Alan 'lucky' Mcbride replacing him.  We know a lot about Alan's game but not so much about John, I recognise his name from somewhere and I can faintly remember he's either won something or gone deep in something big but don't know what and don't care much.  If it was more than a year ago it doesn't matter anyways as the game changes so much, and I need to judge him on his merits playing this tournament on this day.  I also have the CL but he's got more than starting stack himself, if he is good then i don't expect him to come to the table and try to insta-boss it without a massive stack so we will just take our time and see.

In the meantime between myself and the few remaining players from earlier, Andy Bradshaw and I manage to take out player after player, him nocking two out at once at one point and our table is getting louder and louder! (great for the game ofc).

I'm still being a nit, but occassionally messing with the guy on my direct right as he doesn't have a lot of chips and I'm not letting him have his btn very easily.  I 3bt him a few times and show a  two spades twice... but he knows he can't afford to make a mistake with his 4bt shove as I have over 80k and he only has 22k or something.
  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy love having a decent stack..
The other thing is because I'm being such a nit the rest of the time but only messing about with a short-ish stacked guy who im never going to lose too many chips to, it means those around the table who don't have gears to change up or down think im doing it all the time.  Next time I 3bt someone's EP open (im almost certainly never bluffing here) and the guy eyeballs me with 10's! I have KK's again and do a hold for some more chippies!

#runninglikeboltvirgingetmeadealNOW!

We've slowly and steadily chipped up to 120K ish and are slowing down even more on the pots we play.  I have a theory and I doubt im the first one to think or say it but I reckon the chips I gain at this point of the tournament (avg is 38-40k) are no where near as important as any chips I lose...  Might sound crazy but imo if I have 120k - 3.5x avg and I win a pot of 10k, woohoo I now have 130k and I STILL cover everyone....  But if I lose 10k and start to get down toward the 100-110k mark then I'm getting close to only double average and just one medium sized pot will take away the CL and all manouvering power for any difficult spots.  I see a healthy stack like this as the 'free reign' to worm my way through the rest of the day, avoiding trouble spots and just value betting my way to stay roughly the same, potentially end the day near 200k if I'm fortunate in the last couple of levels... but anywhere north of 110k will be great.

We see a few big pots go down and a few more leave the table when this hand happens. - doesnt involve us.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Somehow there is a 3bt in the middle and its been called 4 ways with one person left to act preflop, the guy sigh puts in the extra 4k or something with around 25-30k behind and we see a 5 way flop in 3bp @ level 200/400 or something..

FLOP
  two spades

Alan McBride open shoves his last 15k into the 25k or so already there, and John Kalmar is quickly behind him with his 25k, folds round and the final dude preflop literally does a cartwheel, moonwalks to the toilet and back, and then asks to borrow my chip shovel to get his stack in.

Alan - 
John - 
Other guy - 

Well this is a little sick... the guys practically got a lock on a monster pot after doing a peel pre with the old Q9 sooooted.

Kalmar gets up, sighs and off he goes pretty much and Alan says something like 'just my luck...' - ul Alan.

TURN

And we have a 1 outer for Kalmar to take the lead in this monster pot bringing him close to me in chips and he just has to dodge a K or the last 9.

RIVER
 ______
[______]

(that's supposed to be a BRICK....)

And Kalmar gets a miracle treble up and the other two are off on their todd with no chippies left.
At the time I knew the action of it and tbh I really thought the QQ's were overplayed in this spot but maybe that's just me knowing Alan better than many players, either way this is one of a couple of hands where I thought John over valued a hand in a spot and that effects a decision in a minute.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We carry on and over the course of the next hour or two we have fellow hero's Tom Langley, Sunil Mistri and James Tomlin all brought to the table... None of them have many chips but TL soon gets to work being a proper hero and makes a sweet

Raise, cbet, check call, check call play.....

On   

With the mighty  for a healthy 25k call on the river from his 40k stack.

HE IS GOOD! well played sir and this is a perfect demonstration of his poker skillz, I honestly felt like Tom had an A high hand during the hand and through my own learning I thought this was a perfect spot to cc, cc the turn and river.. but it is still very hard to do when its the majority of your stack vs an unknown player and you have K high.  All the props mate, wp.  (its american for giving you a 'bigup')

As we're bumbling along we get a new gentleman to our right and have had a little action with him on his btn my SB. (read I 3bt him, took it down pre and showed a two spades)

Then we both order food and it comes at the same time.

I used to use this as a great reason to get hyper aggro as most recreational players avoid anyone eating and playing... - they always have 'it'!  But now ive learned that a lot of them still think you have it but they want to pay!  I think its like a sick version of torture to themselves, they know you have it, they say "I want to pay, I know im beat but I have to see" then they pay.  So now I genuinely don't bother messing around so much when eating, I just enjoy my food like a cash player in the vic 'Henry' says 
"if you can't enjoy your food at the table when why bother having it.."

Then we find the mighty  two spades two hearts - this is what you call a PAIR... otherwise known as the AK crusher, or in general... the hand you 3bt people with, then don't look and always show a deuce!!!!! Cheesy

The btn to our right opens and we take our time looking him up n down, and I don't know what it was but I felt like he had a high card hand and that he would bluff 4bt if i 3bt.  So I needed to make up my mind now if I'm shoving on him or not when he 4bts?

I decide that he has just over 50k and that my 150k stack is more than healthy enough to race if he sigh calls but tbh I expected him to 4bt fold hands like  or  based on the dynamic, even though this would be terrible to do so.

I pull out the reraise and he quickly makes it a smallish 4bt.
I think I made it something like 9.2k and he makes it 22k from 50k.  I realise this sounds and seems insane... but I stuck with the plan and after a bit of thinking I announce All in, he confirms I have said the magic words and quickly calls and flips dem  .... SIGGGGHHHHH!!!! first and only 'blowup' but I had thought about it and if he had a hand to call with I was happy to race for an average stack to get up to a bigger CL again.

I realise now this is a mistake but at the time with live reads n all, I just made a misread.

First two cards out are  and I say to him "good luck, you're going to need it I fear...."  Then BRICKS everywhere! WTF.... this isn't running good, I'm supposed to get out of the **** when I make a mistake and im running good!  lolz.

So we become a nit again.

Now we're much closer to the middle of the pack but still healthy - 95k @ 1000/2000 avg was 50k or so I think...

And we find  in the SB to a Skalie open UTG to 5K and a Tom Langley flat in LP, I decide to peel as Skalie's continuing range will be crushing me if i 3bt and Tom can peel and play IP much better than I want him to.

BB comes along and we see a pretty...

Pot - 22K ish..
FLOP

Well that's pretty good, I'm almost certainly not going anywhere.... and was planning to check raise this flop with my enormous equity, knowing that even Skalie's  would struggle to face a flop cr and turn shove...

I check, BB checks, Skalie checks - WTF! didn't expect that.. and Tom Langley checks behind. 

Well this is interesting, I'm not sure if Skalie can check a real hand here but I definitely think that if he had  he wouldn't always cbet this board 4 way... we're just going to have Jx in our calling ranges so much I think its probably burning money vs this players.

Pot - 22K ish
TURN
 three diamonds

So this is pretty good, we've made a floosh and we have the K and the Q.. which is kinda bad.. makes it tough for anyone else to have Qx and they can't have Jx dd so we're not going to get much action, but we have a strong hand and a redraw to two straight flushes... so lets get it ON!

We lead out for 10K and the BB folds, Skalie calls and TL folds.

At this point I think that Skalie's range should be something like AA/ KK/ QQ, , , and the like.. with the occasional  type hands.  There might be  or  some % of the time but tbh I think its a mistake to check this flop when its so draw heavy and people won't be folding their draws... I mean I was going to get the lot in if he bet flop! but I did have an oesfd + 2 overs.

Pot - 42K
RIVER

I take my time as i've said and done before all day and try to work out what he can have, what he can call with, does he ever raise - with what... etc... and I eventually settle on a similar situation to earlier.

There are very few hands that beat me, and he should never be raising the river with anything less than a full house, and probably never even  because its so easy for me to have  .

Now I've decided to bet, but what about sizings... if I bet like 10k I get called a lot, but he might actually raise  for value... or even bluff with  ..
So I decide to freeze up his raising range and work out the pot at 40k.  I decide to make it a big bet of close to pot and slide in my 32.6K bet.

Skalie looks fine, not worried, stressed, anxious but also not settled and its hard to tell when you've only seen someone play a few hands, esp when you think they migh have overplayed a hand or two in your opinion.  He gets his call together...

AND THEN REACHES FOR CHIPS>......... ffs is this a joke?

He makes it 70k dead and I insta-sigh, knowing i have to fold but decide to think about it first and make sure my logic for playing the hand like this was correct and I didn't make a mistake already. 

IT LOOKS LIKE I HAVE A HAND.... but then that must mean he has one of like 4 hands... JJ, 1010 or AdXd...  He can't easily have unless its like A2 or A4s... and therefore its like 3 combos of 10's and one combo of JJ.  He only has to be bluffing 1 in like 5 times for me to call 37k more into 112k.  That means I need to find ONE bluff combo... on a semi regular frequency, and why can't he have some % of the times?  Calls turn to hit either overcards, straight or flush and then minr bluffs when its a gross spot for me.

Eventually James Tomlin calls the clock and despite giving him grief about it... I have like 60k left and I have announced my hand to the table... I know its a fold, but only a few months ago I would have flicked it in and called it 'bad luck' when he has it.

Instead I decide to stick to the plan - thats why we have one right? and bet fold this river.

Skalie tries to needle me after saying something like "I had the so I dunno what you're talking about..." wp sir... vwp.

Tom Langley is talking to Jonathan McGill during the hand and he said Skalie ALWAYS has 10's full or quads there... I like the play in restrospect but it just sucked hard at the time.

VERY NEXT HAND
We're on the button and Tom Langley opens to 5k, is called in two spots and we find  and make it 18.5k to play.  It folds round and I'm not kidding when I tell you I see Tom gulp and then announce ALL IN, he knows i've thought about squeezing him a few times but havent' done it yet.... folds to me and I snap.

He has dem  and we do a hold to double back up and win everything and more back from our friend and someone we have a % in... after he's played like a legend all day and had worked up a 140k stack respectably.

We're back in action and we're back in the chip leaders... Sunny Mistri just sighs and lol's @ how easy it is to lose 45k one hand and win 60k the next when he only has 35k and hasn't played a hand for over an hour.

We work our way up to 190k in the last few hours of the day and continue playing solid all the way to the end, we finish on Tom High's table and unfortunately see him quickly exit to Ali Mallu (heard of him but never met him) when Ali decides to cshove 97 on 10108 vs Tom's QQ.... Tom can't hold and is tilted to be given back about 1.5bb's.

After seeing Ali be a little bit 'speculative' to say the least we get into a pot IP with  .

FLOP

We decide to check this back and probably call call on any turn and river as we expect Ali to double barrell bluff A LOT when we check the flop.

TURN

We call his small-ish lead...

RIVER

He picks up 22k and I'm happy to call even though it completes some hands.. I know he's going to try and rep the draw some % of the time and he doesn't vbet a 10 here.. so I'm fairly sure its air a lot and sometimes a flush. 

But then something goes off in my 'spidey-sense' as he picks up one more 5k chip and goes to slide it over..... something is NOT right about that extra chip.  But I'm just not sure what.  I have 171k and its a 27k river bet, I talk myself into paying with A high and he rolls over the mighty  for a monster flop and good river.  I was correct about him and his hand, just a shame he got there... Where was the J river for a sweet value cut from him? Cheesy

never mind... we carry on and bag up 144k which puts us 9th on the day and eventually something like 20th starting on Day2!

tonytats

View Profile
« Reply #547 on: May 17, 2012, 07:49:04 PM »

Good read this John well done
rbc_mike

View Profile
« Reply #548 on: May 17, 2012, 08:03:35 PM »

RIVER
 ______
[______]

(that's supposed to be a BRICK....)

Dying's for fools.
smashedagain
moderator of moderators

View Profile
« Reply #549 on: May 17, 2012, 08:50:34 PM »

Top 5 avoids me upsetting any of the other 4 diaries on here.

Gloria Hunniford used to do a travel show called Wish You Were Here.

Great read this been Ali's room mate numerous times and played a fair bit with Jon too.

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #550 on: May 18, 2012, 11:27:43 AM »

Brilliant tournament write up - really enjoying it. 
smashedagain
moderator of moderators

View Profile
« Reply #551 on: May 18, 2012, 11:38:45 AM »

Brilliant tournament write up - really enjoying it. 
Yeah some of the things he says make me wince then a big cheesy smile comes over my face. They are open and honest so fair play to him. Dreading drawing a low numbered table at Dtd to find him sat there tho. I may have to bring out the beats by dre that I always carry but as everybody knows I have never owned an iPad or mp3 player so they are gonna be pretty ineffective against Mr Black Smiley

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
jgcblack

C'est la vie

View Profile
« Reply #552 on: May 18, 2012, 03:50:50 PM »

DTD500 5 + 7 May 2012 Day 2

We start the day on 144k and we're something like 20th of the 110 restarting, good times.  Just have to remind myself not to hurry and that there will be a lot of <70k stacks that will bust themselves with poor short stack play.  We have a pretty sweet table and get going!

Think I actually turned up a little late and my initial table had broken before I got there... I was sat next to Simon Deadman but apart from that our table wasnt scary at all and had a few chips to try and pickup.  Si was short but I soon sorted that when I shoved  bvb and he finds a wired pair of 66's!  The  two spades with my K does pair in the window but unfortunately I do not improve and I hand a tidy double up to Si early on.  Then he starts messing with me a little, sounds like it was relatively standard but it annoyed me to have someone good on my left who would abuse me if I got the least bit out of line.

I can't remember much from this first table as I played super solid and really used peoples stack sizes for most pre flop decisions and post flop was almost all value.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Except this one hand....

Many of you already know about this hand but for those of you who don't.... I had a guy come to my direct right I'd played with A LOT last year in Newcastle at the UKIPT in side cash games, this guy is a nice fella but not the best player and I think I won about 3-4bi's off him @ £1/2. Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

I have a really good handle on his game and he is 99% to have not changed anything or learned or moved on in general, and if his MTT game is anywhere near as weak as his cash game I'm going to enjoy messing with him.

I have about 180k I think and he's got just under 80k.

After an orbit or so he opens in late position and I find the mighty  two spades and believe this to be a really good spot to start hammering on him.  His range will be super wide here and when I 3bt to 20-25k I think he will be peeling too much and I then have to risk another 20-25k on the flop with a cbet.  Vs me he won't be folding any pair on the flop, so instead I think the best way to win this pot long term is actually going to be winning it preflop.  I work out I need to make it a bit bigger than 25k (his open was to 13k @ 2500/5000 I think). 

I make it 33k, which I realise in hindsight is actually massive but at the time my rationale is that to everyone else at the table it just looks like I'm setting him in, but I will have the option to reraise if they come along and he shoves.  Also, that he vs me will not want to get in KQ/ J10s kinda hands and that actually his range will be something like 66+, AQs+... which is plenty narrow enough for me to steal this 3/4 times (think i have to to make it profitable).  Also the tilt factor to this particular guy when I show should ensure I get all of his chips next time i do anything to him.

He folds and I show... and Paul 'Peejay' Jenkinson is on the rail shouting - "OI Alex, its a JB blowup!!! GET OVER HERE NOW!"

And then proceeds to tell me 'Im priced in when he shoves AK'... He's probably right maths wise - I haven't run the exact numbers but to me its something like this

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
MATHS
I have to call 50k more to win a 110k pot, which means I need somewhere around 40% equity to break even and obviously 72o doesn't have much equity vs anything.

But if we range him at a wide range than I said - 22+, A10o+ and KQs then you find I'm something like 24.6% vs that range.  Which means that actually my sizing was probably close to optimal if a tiny bit high but that it deceptively looks like I'm priced in when I'm not because of the hand I've chosen to do it with.

Anyways, he folds we show and we win! so it WAS a good move! Cheesy

Either way within another hour or so I'm broken again and go to Ali Mallu's table and he now has 400k, I have 150k ish and I'm watching the regs at this table carefully.  I felt like Ali was always going to be my real likely source of a lot of chips if I wanted to do battle with him, but it would likely mean fading some draw or crazy hand if i did.

We observe a little bit going down and then its break time... in the changeup someone decides to change some of my 5k chips for some 25k chips and it looks like I don't have anything left.  Turns out I actually have about 180k but I have 3 peach colored 25k chips with 5x 5k chips on top at the front of my stack in a '100k stack'.  This is later the cause of some debate on blonde.............

A little while in from the break and then this happened.

I find  MP1 and open - I think it was something like 13500, folds round to the SB who calls and then Ali calls from the BB. 

FLOP

The SB checks and Ali playing 350k looks to me, then to the SB and announces 'ALL IN'... I make sure I heard correctly first then once I recieve confirmation from the dealer I snap announcing 'nuts' as I turn over my top set.

Ali has the mighty  and we gota do a fade!....

TURN
  or similar

RIVER
  or similar

And I'm scooping up a pot worth 320k which is almost 2.5x avg with about 55 left - 35 getting paid. BOOOM!

We chill out with our new stack and then go up to see Dan Muddiman at the next "break" or "john goes to toilet to talk to himself and make sure he doesn't spew break" as I now like to call them.

And we borrow Dan's Ipad to then find that we're getting torn up on Blonde because of the way 'John said I know' was interpreted on the tourny blog.  When Ali Mallu set me in I knew he hadnt noticed that I had 75k's worth of chips in peach at the front at the bottom, I knew he'd made a mistake but I'm not about to say

"oh dont put me all in, you haven't seen my hand or how many chips I have yet, let me show you then make your decision."

In my mind, poker is war... and if someone makes a mistake in this war; even the slightest misunderstanding of the rules, the game, the play, the players or the weapons then I'm afraid I will capitalise on this, kick him in the gutt and storm the high ground while shouting "I AM THE GREATEST!" as I go.

It is your own damn fault when you make an avoidable mistake and you lose money, chips or your tournament life as a result.

Anyway, after about 30 minutes of slating and questions I have some blonde hero's come to my rescue:
- Some knew the story and pointed out it was bull**** and that I was fair and correct
- Some know me and that I just #lovethegametoomuchtocheat in such a cheap and nasty way
- Some know me the person and that I'm over enthusiastic and that my comments were almost certainly taken out of context or understanding etc..
- Some just didn't want to believe the evil rumours..

To all of you, thank you so much.  It felt wonderful to be backed up and rooted for and stood up for in the way you did.  It really was beautiful.
That I can remember thanks specifically to -
Alex, Peejay, Pleno, Pinchop,WotRTheChances, JK, REDDOG, Pugwashed, Girgy85 and Nirvana of course!

jgcblack

C'est la vie

View Profile
« Reply #553 on: May 18, 2012, 03:51:32 PM »

DTD Day 2 Part 2

I'm going to have to emoticon and drumroll this puppy....

Smiley Cool Shocked Roll Eyes dont river me talktothehand thumbs up cupcake

Biggest hand of my poker career so far..

http://blondepoker.com/forum/index.php?topic=57693.150

Ali Mallu opens EP and I flat CO with  , the BB comes along and we see:

Pot 50k ish
FLOP

The SB donks for 24k (from 90k) and I'm happy with this, he has Qx a lot here... rarely will he donk any monsters.  Then Ali makes it 161k with only 100k behind and we cover...

WTF do we do now, I am trying to work out what kind of hand Ali can have for value here that he wants to do this with.. the problem is wild players like he and Rastafish will sometimes do this with AA/ QQ, AQ type hands that they consider to be 'monsters' and they want to represent a flush draw.  On the other hand I think he will also actually do this with a flush draw as it maximises his FE while putting max pressure on deep in a tourny and for the average player, playing the £500 @ dtd is often the biggest game of their month.

I go over the hands I've seen him play, I go over every little bit of information I've gathered as I've effectively written off the SB.  In my head/ opinion if I rejam here which is clearly my only option other than fold then he should be folding <AQ pretty quickly and easily.

As I start to work through the hands I decide in my mind that Ali has more weak hands/ draws in his range and that this is a 'lets win this tournament not just cash in it' moment where we go with a spot we should be good/ ahead or crushing a lot of the time and when we're not we have outs.  But it took a lot of heart and balls to follow my read and the maths of the situation.  Only a few months ago I would have never reshoved here and would've rued it afterward either way.

I cannot afford to be wrong here, It would be so sweet to see  one time....  Ali Mallu has never cashed in this tournament... hold on why is that - it will almost certainly be because he bluffs too much! BOOOOM!

After this mini-epiphany I reshoved pretty quick and it looked like he was sick to find out I was even in the pot.  I later find out he didn't know we were 3 way until the decision was on me.

He opens up the  and we have another 30% draw to dodge - cmon!!!!!!

We hold and are now CL with 48 left or something.

After this its relatively simple and straight forward... between myself and the other big stack on my table on my right we won something near 90% of pots until the bubble but both instantly shut down after the bubble passed.

Then properly nitted up for about an hour or two and waited for hands/ spots to steal blinds... My stack wasn't in any danger and I saw no reason to push anything on a table with plenty of chips and some people who didn't like to fold too much.

Enter Rupinder 'George2Loose' Bedi.....

Sigh, we know of Bedi but have never played with him.  Seen a lot of his UKIPT TV stuff and know he's got game but at the moment he doesn't have many chips.  So we decide to take it slowly and see how and what he does with the table and having the two big stacks to his left.......

After a few hands he shoves 91k - 8bb's @ 6/12k UTG and I find  .. Which for me is really tough.  I know he 'should' be able to shove wide here but also if he's good then he should know its better to wait two hands and shove atc's vs the big stacks than it is risk the whole table.  I made the call and find myself dominated vs his  and we do not win.  Sigh. 

We continue to nit it up and after a 3bt bb vs Bedi's btn folds to his 4bt shove we play pretty snug from here on.

Then we have a hand vs the young indian looking guy and he's been super splashy and not folding any pair on the flop so I was being aggressive vs him but I saw Bedi play a hand vs him where Bedi just kept check calling him down and he still 3 barrel bluffed, even making the river pretty small.  So after this and a few other bits n pieces I decided to play my next value hand vs him pretty tricky.

I flat  pre in CO to his UTG raise.. (utg doesnt mean strong range to this guy)

Pot 40k ish
FLOP
      or simlar

He cbets something like 75k and I take some time then call... my plan was to tank call each street, raising for value on the river if i improved or the board stayed safe.

Pot 190k
TURN

This turn could make it look like I have draws if i peel again and its super unlikely to improved him to a better hand but it has almost certainly given a big % of his range pair + gutty or pair + oesd so if he checks I'm betting really big but when he bets 95k I decide to just call....

Pot 380k
RIVER
 two hearts or another equally awesome brick.

He takes a while, looks at me, takes some more time and eventually puts together 125k.. at this point with his sizing along the way I have him on a middling strength type hand like AJ- Q10 etc.. and I'm 100% raising this river for value.  I only have about 260k left and take some time then say the magic words 'All in'.

After he finished apologising to his mum for being sick on his shoes and embarrasing himself he sigh calls off 1/3 of his remaining stack and has effectively donated 2/3 of his total stack before the hand to me in a monster 900k double up as he disgustingly mucks when I show my tptk.
After this hand he just blows up and then open shoves for the next hour or two even though its 40bb's... LOL eventually G2L picks off his bluffs with AJ vs the guys 88 and obv G2L binks a turn..... Cheesy mbn.

I'm now in the top3 chip stacks and am continuing to play solid and work my chips well while basically staying out of trouble and watching others bust or blow up in front of me.

I am 100% sure that the reason I went so deep on day 2 was because of a more analytical approach to live MTT poker, reminding myself of the bb's the levels of play and my mental maturity growth this year.

I ran like god on day 1 for sure, and still made enough mistakes to not have 400k but day 2 was the best I've ever played, ever.

From here on in we just play really solid, trying to keep G2L in check wherever possible but he's getting chips from the others and there's little I can do about that.  We get in a few pre flop scuffles but I think he thinks im not 'completely ****' so I don't expect him to mess around too much as I have 900k and if he gets it wrong he will be on fumes.

Other than this we play fairly standardly through the last 4 and last 3 tables, getting to the final 2.  I'm running well, playing well, feeling great, seeing the blonde support and ready for my first DTD big even final table.

Enter........................... Rupinder 'George I run so f*cking good at flips 2 loose' Bedi......

G2L has been having some problems dealing with Callum Smith on his right as Callum has played a mean short-ish stack and has been eyeballing George a lot.  When he tried to do something about it he doubled Callum up and had to start again.

Then Callum opens the BTN to 90k @ 20/40k playing 650k.... G2L quickly moves in for 1 mirrrion.

And we have  and a 1.3 mirrion stack!  I instantly apologise to the table and see the 'panic/ worry' on G2L's face out of the corner of my eye.  I know he's not strong but do I really want to potentially flip vs KJ/ KQ/ AJ type hands as I think he has these a lot!  Problem is i start building his range to work out my equity as I know im going to be good a lot here but I want to work it out better.

I will have 2.4 of the 10mil in play when I win
I should be against a range of 22+,A8s+,KTs+,QJs,ATo+,KJo+
I have 58% vs that range
I should not fold here, esp vs the second best player left in the comp... sorry budi but I think Hulme is just on fire atm
I will call and win.

I reshove and then Callum sighs, laughs and says something about having the 3rd best hand in this encounter... I dont know what this means but hope it means that he's folded some of Bedi's outs.

And I see the gut renchingly annoying KJo...  So he has got 43.438% to play with, lets just win it John, that's what we do!

Pot 2.3 million (11 left and 10mil in play)
FLOP

I'm like "that's a great flop, lets see another brick please.... even sweat me with a Q... I dont mind him hitting the crossbar"

TURN

Sigh...... nevermind... still got 2 tens to hit.

RIVER

Oh right, yer.... that's another K that... yep.  That pairs his card again, think that makes a good hand.  Pretty sure we're in turble now.. better get paddling!

I was honestly pretty gutted about that turn and river but I didn't say anything and sat down, worked out how man bb's I had and how I was going to play them. Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy - (so proud of myself)

We then get it in in consequtive hands with  vs  and chop that one..
Then next hand with  vs 

And with a supremely tasty      I somehow brick the entire world and am out 11th.

I wasn't even upset, not one bit.  I was and am chuffed I played so good, happy that I lost most of my stack in a great spot vs a very good player and that I didn't hold this time.  I didn't put myself at risk unless I had to and as such managed to not win my way as far as i did.

I lost less than the rest of them and at a slower rate..  THAT is how I made a deep run, and I intend to do the same again next time.

Woah, that was a short one as always... hope you enjoyed it.

Heres the best smiley cos we all love it.

nn

cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #554 on: May 18, 2012, 04:22:34 PM »

"After an orbit or so he opens in late position and I find the mighty    Two Clubs  and believe this to be a really good spot to start hammering on him.  His range will be super wide here and when I 3bt to 20-25k I think he will be peeling too much and I then have to risk another 20-25k on the flop with a cbet.  Vs me he won't be folding any pair on the flop, so instead I think the best way to win this pot long term is actually going to be winning it preflop."

<3 JB

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 41 ... 253 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: