blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 02:31:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  An Ape and a notebook, how long will it take?
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 ... 253 Go Down Print
Author Topic: An Ape and a notebook, how long will it take?  (Read 476170 times)
Killer River

View Profile
« Reply #555 on: May 18, 2012, 04:38:55 PM »

Nice diary john i enjoy reading it. But i have to say for your tournie life holding   in that spot even if you think he is weak with 11 left is a big error imo. like you said before its your biggest live tourney and the final table is in your hands. you don't have to take that risk ,even if your read was correct the % where very flippy. i would avoid taking these risks at this stage of the tourney against a big stack. But it was a ballsy call, next time use your head not your balls.

Keep up the good diary john its a very good read and gl to you.

but the fact you chose "disney songs on youtube" over HEM and then lost 12 bis when you know you should lose 4 maximum just shows a massive sign of disrespect
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #556 on: May 18, 2012, 04:41:18 PM »

lol dont fold the tens, unlucky bro.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #557 on: May 18, 2012, 04:43:59 PM »

yeh the TT is standard, ul.

72o...not so much Wink

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
jgcblack

C'est la vie

View Profile
« Reply #558 on: May 18, 2012, 04:46:17 PM »

"After an orbit or so he opens in late position and I find the mighty    Two Clubs  and believe this to be a really good spot to start hammering on him.  His range will be super wide here and when I 3bt to 20-25k I think he will be peeling too much and I then have to risk another 20-25k on the flop with a cbet.  Vs me he won't be folding any pair on the flop, so instead I think the best way to win this pot long term is actually going to be winning it preflop."

<3 JB

lol tytyty... no comment on the maths behind it alexander?

ty sir, I wont be able to put any hands in here but im going to do some study and get some more PS vids and tighten up some ranges in certain 'common' spots.

Any tips on this welcome, and obviously all other advice, gimme a shout mate.

Let me know when you want to start the Vid series, I'm super keen and want to work out times good for both of us asap.
UL on the deep scoop runs, I'm hoping I can see you in pkt55's top 10 sometime soon!

George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #559 on: May 18, 2012, 04:48:40 PM »

Agree. I'd fold qq in that spot vs me

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
jgcblack

C'est la vie

View Profile
« Reply #560 on: May 18, 2012, 04:53:20 PM »

Eat sh*t and die pls.

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

So glad you were able to make a good run at it mate.

I was told by L'honore that 'our' stack was worth £30k in ICM moneyz..... so ur 'running good' for 5 bags! Cheesy

cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #561 on: May 18, 2012, 04:56:48 PM »

Eat sh*t and die pls.

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

So glad you were able to make a good run at it mate.

I was told by L'honore that 'our' stack was worth £30k in ICM moneyz..... so ur 'running good' for 5 bags! Cheesy

That can't possibly be true

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
WPIL

View Profile
« Reply #562 on: May 18, 2012, 07:50:34 PM »

Really enjoying the "Trip Reports" - amazed at how much detail you retain, are you sure your not making notes at the table, keep up the good work!
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #563 on: May 18, 2012, 08:05:14 PM »

cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #564 on: May 18, 2012, 08:33:41 PM »

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
jgcblack

C'est la vie

View Profile
« Reply #565 on: May 19, 2012, 12:01:06 AM »

Really enjoying the "Trip Reports" - amazed at how much detail you retain, are you sure your not making notes at the table, keep up the good work!

The answer is simple....

#lovethegamesomuchirememberthehighlights

jgcblack

C'est la vie

View Profile
« Reply #566 on: May 20, 2012, 06:12:45 PM »

Having a cracking time in x, work is a little frustrating as we've got a problem with sending things abroad at the moment.

There are a lot of airlines getting a little crazy about 'batteries' now, which means when I send anything abroad we have to take the batteries out first and send them in a different case/ box etc and send them as DAC Dangerous Air Cargo... well obv when you send something on a plane as DAC people get a little panic-y!

So I arrive, open up the bags and get all the kit out to find the ladders haven't made it yet because they were too 'long' to get on the plane.... err excuse me if the russians can put a plane in a plane and fly it around the world and the americans can put a space shuttle on a plane and fly it then I think Mr BA or Mr Branson can bloody well get a couple of sets of ladders in one.

On top of that the guy supposed to send us the batteries seems to think that they don't allow DAC to fly to x... which is obv bullsh*t as we already have another box of batteries sent by another guy in the same department.  SIGHHHHHH @ people not talking and the left hand holding the door open while the right hand wipes his own arse.....

Anyways, finish that and enter Saturday!!! its cheat day so i can enjoy all the rice, pasta, chips, etc... that i want! and puddings too... So I have a massive breakfast complete with french stick sandwhich that had 4 bits of bacon, 2 eggs, baked beans and lots of chilli!!!! BOOOM!  Nailed that and the rest of the stuff on my plate, while leaving i grabbed a chocolate croissant obv.

Get to Lunch and hit McDonalds harddd! I'm not a fan in the UK but in some countries McD's is actually good quality food, they use proper cuts of meat and good veg etc.... obv its still fast food but its better than normal... that and they have spicy chicken versions of things which is super tasty!

So Lunch involved
- Spicy Chicken burger meal, large obv with chips n Pepsi
- Double hamburger with no cheese and no gerkins.... wtf who thought about gerkin really?
- 5 Nuggets and spicy sauce
- Oreo and caramel McFlurry, was genius idea.

and a relaxing but fat tummy rub afterwards, while we watched the first fat person we've seen walk around and obv she's British and obv she hits McD's and only has a small pepsi..... lol love, you've done the damage already, might as well enjoy it.

Enter Saturday night....... We've got Sunday off and therefore get absolutely smashed on local beer in an Irish bar.... obv narrowing the country down for you then!

Most of you don't know me in this way but with drinking its kinda strange, sometimes I can be an absolute ledge but other times, 2 drinks and im puking in a gutter crying for my mother.

However this local beer and I have been friends for a while and shared many a glass of the old berry juice in the past.  So I'm comfortable to just drink and drink and drink.... We get to the Irish bar and pass a Dairy Queen on the way.  For many of you, you will not know what this means.. but fear not, I will describe it.  Basically its McFlurry style ice cream shop from america with a whole bunch of different 'specialities' and my favourite is the 'oreo blizzard' which has to be served to you upside down or its free.

It is a sickly sweet, cookie and ice cream combination with a straw that i think has more calories than we're supposed to consume in a whole day.. and it only cost me about £1.90. Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Boom, I ordered a beer at the Irish bar and went back up the 200 steps to the shopping plaza to get to !

Get back to the table and the two guys I'm with were just drinking but with no talking.... after I take 30 minutes to eat my ice cream and none of us has said a single word to each other except a gentlemans 'nod' in the direction of some local girls with their summery dresses/ short shorts on...

Well this isn't going to be fun is it... so I look around and call the girl from the bar over and ask her for a local 'custom'/ game where you have 5 dice in a cup each and you shake it then 'bluff' each other on how many of x number there are between you.

For example, I shake my cup and look to see 1x1, 3x4 and 1x6.... well 1's are wild and i have 3x4 so I'll be betting big with the number 4 in this game for value or betting big with the other numbers for a bluff.  I open the betting to 3x4's.... which means there must be 3x number 4 between our 15 dice... well that's obviously going to be easy to achieve so one of the other guys outbids me to 3x6.... and the next to 5x2.... etc etc etc... When you can no longer outbid someone you 'call' and then we count up their bet vs the actual dice!  If they were correct or there are more than they said then you drink.... if not they drink.

Pretty simple really and you may have seen it on 'Pirates of the Caribbean'.

We play this for most of the night, and eventually get the bar owners Chris and Shang involved.  Chris tends to the other customers but Shang is a laugh and injects some fun into the conversations. She calls over a mate, Vivi and now we've got 5x 5 dice in play which makes the game a lot of fun and starts to get very messy with bet sizing and bluffing being massive.  By this point I'm getting rather pissed, as are my colleagues and then Vivi leaves and we carry on.  Chris n Shang are setting up the projector outside for the footy and we end up leaving that bar going to a different one to watch the footy.  Continuing to get aboslutely smashed as we go.  I've lost the guys, maybe i left them at the bar, I can't remember.  And end up chatting to some scottish guy about how and why he came to x...
"lost my job and thought f*ck it, why not"..... lol people love this place.

I need to toilet and go to find only squat toilets and no toilet paper..... - uhoh I'm not very good at the balancing thing and I'm not able to do a proper squat with jeans on.... WTF.....

So I end up holding onto the plastic toilet door with one hand and leaning my arse back over the wet floor and trying to not shit into my own trousers... - deep joy!
Obviously I've got a monster one on the way and obv doing all this when I've had double digits worth of pints of ber already!

This takes goodness knows how long and eventually i get almost done, having changed hands on holding myself up on the toilet door a bunch of times.  I go to stand up then get a massive push and miss the hole in the fllor with that one... going all over the back of the 'cubicle' floor and the flushing pedal..... woops.  Finish and try to get a clean 'break' so theres nothing to wipe since I've got no toilet paper and we're done... waddle out of the stall and try to do my jeans up.  Cue headrush..  and I almost fall back into my own crap.... lolz.  #lifeofatravellingape

I get back out and while chatting to the guy and some girl and getting more drunk.. not sure who paid but my glass was never empty and i dont remember paying for anything... might've minesweeped a few I guess!?  Then the sun comes up and everyones shouting... I think Chelsea just won the Champions league, but I don't know for sure as I can't see the telly.

Eventually we're the only ones left and its like 0630am or something.. so time to go find the hotel.  Except I don't know where I am or where it is.  Ahhhh...

I don't know how long i was wandering around for but I find McD's and now know where I am, I go in but they only have the 'breakfast menu' which is horrible and ridiculous so I leggit and get back to the hotel. 

I wakeup in my armchair in my room at 12pm and decide I probably ought to go to bed, then wakeup around 1640 and decide today is a write-off... text my colleague to arrange tonights cinema and pass out.  1845 and we're up again, order room service but can't eat the salmon and veg when it comes to back to bed.  2000 and we're finally up for the day, eat the salmon and its time to go to see MIB 3!

Get to the cinema and they dont have MIB till next week so we get Avengers tickets and then go sit in the restaurant opposite, who clearly don't get white people in very often and the waitresses get us some beers while trying to take sneaky photos of us.  When my colleague spotted them she actually slowly crawled down behind a divide like in a cartoon sketch or something.. was so lol.  We ask them over and have photos with them all making silly faces and so on... Cheesy 

Then Avengers in 3D and it rocked as hard as it did last week when I saw it...

Happy days but now I'm in my room, wide awake at silly o'clock in the morning and have to get up in a few hours for work.  GG me tomorrow... Cheesy  S'ok havent got ladders to go up and the drills dont work without the batteries that aren't coming anyways!!!!

peace...

x

smashedagain
moderator of moderators

if you are gonna kiss arse you have to do it right

View Profile
« Reply #567 on: May 20, 2012, 06:37:40 PM »

Are you playing lie dice. Used to play it round here but we use dice with aces kings queens on etc

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
WPIL

View Profile
« Reply #568 on: May 20, 2012, 08:11:28 PM »

Not in Saudi this time then?
tonytats

View Profile
« Reply #569 on: May 20, 2012, 09:09:33 PM »

Isle of man me thinks