blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:41:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16944 Members
Latest Member: Blader
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  An Ape and a notebook, how long will it take?
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 51 52 [53] 54 55 56 57 ... 253 Go Down Print
Author Topic: An Ape and a notebook, how long will it take?  (Read 476157 times)
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #780 on: July 15, 2012, 11:58:24 PM »

inflating the pot oop when a 9 gapper.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
jgcblack

C'est la vie

View Profile
« Reply #781 on: July 16, 2012, 01:26:41 AM »

horrible to have some Ax/ Kx suited hands in our squeezing range?

Obv we're 'one and done' with the flop assuming it only goes hu..  Any more than hu and we just play our real hand strength in this spot.

pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #782 on: July 16, 2012, 01:33:21 AM »

doesnt nmatter what our range is, he limped. i.e doesn't know what a range is.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
jgcblack

C'est la vie

View Profile
« Reply #783 on: July 16, 2012, 02:32:02 AM »

doesnt nmatter what our range is, he limped. i.e doesn't know what a range is.

True story. Fair enough.

jgcblack

C'est la vie

View Profile
« Reply #784 on: July 16, 2012, 11:12:25 PM »

Just finished a sick long session of almost 3k hands and managed to win @ 5bb/100 which is nice n solid but a shame I hovered between +$10 and +$20 for the last 1k hands.

Went into an insta-hole in first few hundred with QQ<KK aipf and AcAh<KhQd on J10xccc/

Lost a bunch of nasty ones where people cc with random air and the ckb on the turn gives them the chance to hit their miracle bkdr gutshot.  Some of them I didn't even check it back.

Had some horrible spots one where I bet/fold river on K101010J with QQ vs a 3bt, cbet, c, crain... - I don't see how we can ever be winning, and I'd bet 1/3pot otr to get Jx/ pairs to call.  Don't think most people will have AA/10x/ AK that often when they check twice.

Other than that played really solid and out of the top 10 hands, i lost 8 or something.. so I guess I just need to work on my showdown skills.  Turns out i was a favourite in almost all I think so just need some runbetter.  I'll be speaking to Alex about how to do that.

nn all

skolsuper

View Profile
« Reply #785 on: July 17, 2012, 03:51:37 AM »

Wow, john you take criticism better than anyone I've ever seen. Unfortunately pleno's general point is right, you need to learn ABC before you start on the other letters, however I agree with alex that it's laughable that pleno would be the one giving that advice, he spews more than anyone I've seen since the legendary Alex Martin. I especially enjoyed it when he tried to claim randomly overbet shoving with the nuts is a fresh new idea.
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #786 on: July 17, 2012, 04:50:53 AM »

Alex Martin spews?

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
TL900

View Profile
« Reply #787 on: July 17, 2012, 05:13:08 AM »

Bring more JB love on <3 ABC poker FTW

@MtSpewmore
Quote from: jgcblack
I wouldn't normally try so hard, but didn't have another opportunity I could wait for. I wasn't ready to surrender what I WANTED SO MUCH, that easily, I couldn't guarantee a call with me staying stoic and relying on a flinch "top pair" calling reflex.
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #788 on: July 17, 2012, 05:22:58 AM »

Noorrrr <3 the JB XYZ poker!

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
JK

Probably the worst player here

View Profile
« Reply #789 on: July 17, 2012, 05:33:54 AM »

Definitely agree that you take criticism better than ANYBODY. Also, Iv never met anyone that loves the game more than you do, and you definitely are putting the work in.

Hope your run good comes soon mate
smashedagain
moderator of moderators

if you are gonna kiss arse you have to do it right

View Profile
« Reply #790 on: July 17, 2012, 10:08:22 AM »

Yeah it's all good banter and no malicious intentions. John and Patrick are valued contributers to the site and make for compulsive reading. Often the more left field people are the most interesting. Really love Johns insane edge mentality and all Plenos stuff. Would hate either to spit the dummy over anything on here.

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #791 on: July 17, 2012, 10:35:25 AM »

Wow, john you take criticism better than anyone I've ever seen. Unfortunately pleno's general point is right, you need to learn ABC before you start on the other letters, however I agree with alex that it's laughable that pleno would be the one giving that advice, he spews more than anyone I've seen since the legendary Alex Martin. I especially enjoyed it when he tried to claim randomly overbet shoving with the nuts is a fresh new idea.

edit: cant be bothered with arguing.

gl Smiley
« Last Edit: July 17, 2012, 02:33:29 PM by pleno1 » Logged

jgcblack

C'est la vie

View Profile
« Reply #792 on: July 17, 2012, 02:35:27 PM »

I know that Patrick takes strange lines and does things I've never seen other reg's do, however whenever I've talked to him he always has a reason and tries to break it down for me.

I know that I don't get some of it because 100% i don't understand the level he's on, which as he has said and I agree is not necessarily going to be the most helpful if i watch him do something 'strange' and I do the same thing in imitation for the wrong reasons.

However I am becoming super ABC and <3 the game soo much, its just the best game you could ever play!
Poker is in the mind and as such you can compete on a fair/ level playing field with the widest possible spread of people from all walks of life and levels of intelligence.  Yes, we lol at the guys who's reasoning is "well i won your $$ didn't i?" but THEY DO win some times... have you met The Rasta-fish? that's exactly the reason we who study the game more can try to make some moneys out of it and use an edge to carve ourselves a slice of the pie.

I am willing to listen to anyone who can put a reasonable argument and can back themselves up with either numbers and or results, because I genuinely believe you can learn from ANYONE who plays poker, even if the learning is a better understanding of that 'type' of persons play.

I don't want anyone to fall out over me not listening to advice as that is clearly my problem, however I struggle to put it into practice sometimes.  Sometimes I just get tired over 1000 hands or whatever and then have something happen and I 'level' myself into doing something non-optimal.  However these occurrences are happening less and less and I AM grinding as much as possible, considering i have a 9-5 job and travel around the world doing 14hour days for you tax dodging uber geniuses using the old tax £ the rest of us pay.

Now back to it as I have a day off today to be supportive of my lovely Charlene and her online tests to try and get a job @ same place i work.  So while she's doing that I'm going to get a grind on and crack another few thousand hands out today.

gl me

love you all,

smashedagain
moderator of moderators

if you are gonna kiss arse you have to do it right

View Profile
« Reply #793 on: July 17, 2012, 02:55:49 PM »

The Fish ain't the only one. There are as many regular live winning players who don't have a clue about ICM and maths. Does my head in Smiley

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #794 on: July 17, 2012, 03:37:09 PM »

Pleno does do some ridiculous things but it's the thought process behind the ridiculous things which is important. Behind every hand where I've seemingly punted a buyin off there is usually a decent thought/interesting point in there somewhere (well...lol) if you just lose your focus and lose your "button control" as geeforce calls it then that is obviously totally different. (and I think this has happened a fair few times)

I am sure the thoughts that have gone into some of the worst hands John has played have prolly had some pretty high amount of merit, pretty sure Pads knows this as well, problem is that your fundamental prolly game isn't quite strong enough at the moment to be able to take experimental lines effectively (i'm sure it would be in no time with your current work rate) - although personally I think Pads COULD just be a little more open-minded about some of your thought processes in these "spewy" spots.

This doesn't mean that you should be afraid of taking interesting approaches to hands, providing of course that your completely confident with the thoughts behind them. You're often prepared to fight for you opinions on hands, which shows that you were confident of the thought process before you went into the hand, I really like this and get quite tilted when my horses don't argue back over hands unless that genuinely snap agree with my appraisal. As long as this doesn't cross the line into delusion or arrogance where you ennd up tilting people and disrespecting their opinion (which it 100% doesn't with you) then this is a terrific attitude and defo the one that creates the most interesting discussions and most useful/thorough conclusions, imo.

Pages: 1 ... 49 50 51 52 [53] 54 55 56 57 ... 253 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: