blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 07:28:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Tips for Tikay
Pages: 1 ... 7490 7491 7492 7493 [7494] 7495 7496 7497 7498 ... 9208 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tips for Tikay  (Read 13444588 times)
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #112395 on: January 21, 2016, 11:05:19 AM »

I was surprised to learn today, in media noise about the Chris Ashton situation, that England RU players receive a fee of £15,000 per game when on International duty, so missing the Six Nations would cost him £75,000, which is a tidy sum in any language.

How much do England footballers receive per International game? And do they get the same whether they are just in the squad, & don't actually play? Do the Clubs get any fee for their players on International Duty? If I were a Club Chairman, & had paid £30 million & £100,000 per week for a player, I'd be pretty miffed that I was obliged to lose him, & risk injury, when he's playing for someone else, even more so if the player was being paid an additional fee by someone else. If I own a player, I own him, & I'd not allow anyone else to borrow him as & when. 

not sure about fees

if the player is injured on international duty there is a sizeable payment from FA to club to cover the time out. as to how much of the wage bill that covers per player, not sure

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #112396 on: January 21, 2016, 11:10:42 AM »

I was surprised to learn today, in media noise about the Chris Ashton situation, that England RU players receive a fee of £15,000 per game when on International duty, so missing the Six Nations would cost him £75,000, which is a tidy sum in any language.

How much do England footballers receive per International game? And do they get the same whether they are just in the squad, & don't actually play? Do the Clubs get any fee for their players on International Duty? If I were a Club Chairman, & had paid £30 million & £100,000 per week for a player, I'd be pretty miffed that I was obliged to lose him, & risk injury, when he's playing for someone else, even more so if the player was being paid an additional fee by someone else. If I own a player, I own him, & I'd not allow anyone else to borrow him as & when. 

Players are salaried by their employers and get an additional payment for playing for their country? Barmy. It's an honour to be selected by your country. Cover the expenses, sure, but you shouldn't be actively paid if you're already employed.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
AndrewT
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #112397 on: January 21, 2016, 11:18:22 AM »

England footballers do get a fee for playing but for many years the convention is they all donate the money to charity.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #112398 on: January 21, 2016, 11:20:44 AM »

Players are salaried by their employers and get an additional payment for playing for their country? Barmy. It's an honour to be selected by your country. Cover the expenses, sure, but you shouldn't be actively paid if you're already employed.

Yup. The lure of £15,000 per game changes a lot.

Wonder what most appeals?

"I want to play for my Country" or "I want to earn £15,000"?

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Longines
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #112399 on: January 21, 2016, 11:27:41 AM »

http://englandfootballersfoundation.com/

Not clear if every England player signs up to support them.
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #112400 on: January 21, 2016, 11:28:47 AM »

You don't own a player, you employ him. 

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #112401 on: January 21, 2016, 11:34:34 AM »

his nibs would own them.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #112402 on: January 21, 2016, 11:36:24 AM »

his nibs would own them.

Very good

He would think he owned them, but would own their registration.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #112403 on: January 21, 2016, 12:15:18 PM »

All England squad players have paid the fee to charity for a number of years now.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #112404 on: January 21, 2016, 12:23:03 PM »

All England squad players have paid the fee to charity for a number of years now.

That's really good to hear. What is the fee?

hector62

Homo doctus is se semper divitias habet

View Profile
« Reply #112405 on: January 21, 2016, 12:26:37 PM »

Well maybe we should start paying them again and see if they will try a little harder.

Puristville, Arizona.  Population (1)
cheapwetsuit

View Profile
« Reply #112406 on: January 21, 2016, 04:00:34 PM »

Bad news, but Tsgabu Grmay didn't come anywhere in yesterday's crucial stage of the Tour Down Under. In fact, Lampre, as a whole, disappointed. Unless the peloton get attacked by a pack of marauding kangaroos, we're going to have to put this one down as a loss.
horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #112407 on: January 21, 2016, 05:12:20 PM »

Well maybe we should start paying them again and see if they will try a little harder.

dont think lack of effort is the issue tbh

Think the fee is relatively small Tikay something like 5k an appearance/call up

But a very nice sum for the charity involved
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #112408 on: January 21, 2016, 05:21:31 PM »

Bad news, but Tsgabu Grmay didn't come anywhere in yesterday's crucial stage of the Tour Down Under. In fact, Lampre, as a whole, disappointed. Unless the peloton get attacked by a pack of marauding kangaroos, we're going to have to put this one down as a loss.

It happens, don't worry, move on to the next one.

Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #112409 on: January 21, 2016, 07:14:59 PM »

Like one at Woollybags tomorrow night, Moonbi Creek @ 4-1. Perfect each-way spot with BFSB, ten runners.

Flick in a pony each-way please. Could well start favourite.

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
Pages: 1 ... 7490 7491 7492 7493 [7494] 7495 7496 7497 7498 ... 9208 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: