blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 02:00:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272608 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Tips for Tikay
Pages: 1 ... 7860 7861 7862 7863 [7864] 7865 7866 7867 7868 ... 9208 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tips for Tikay  (Read 13438826 times)
MereNovice
Gamesmaster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #117945 on: May 30, 2016, 03:33:43 PM »

This is last 16. I expect her to be too strong for Venus - who I'm surprised has managed to get so far...

But then the money match for us is the quarter final which is set up to most likely be against Madison Keys, who was the other lady whom I was considering in this market. A dangerous player who seems to be finding her feet on clay.

Long way to go in this one, but I'm happy with the spot!

Suggest £20 Timea Bacsinszky 7/1 to win Second quarter of French Open with the bald man
http://www.oddschecker.com/tennis/french-open/womens/player-to-win-2nd-quarter

Gonna top up a bit more myself too with Mere's approval!

timea v venus williams to win this one today?

All play has been abandoned today.

Reigning Blonde Fantasy Ashes and Super League Champions
Dekka

View Profile
« Reply #117946 on: May 30, 2016, 05:13:10 PM »

I was Jonathan Palmer's marketing manager for a few years including the period when he bought Bedford Autodrome, I've no doubt that Jolyon's contract will be fairly watertight and a "cheap" option for Renault. I do know that it includes a huge amount of corporate hospitality for Renault and other sponsors at the Palmersport day out which was the event I was marketing in my time with Jonathan.  Take a look at the website, you get to drive a lot of seriously quick cars on the day and it really is a world class corporate event.  Not cheap though!

http://www.palmersport.com/

Another reason I can't see a fall out between the Palmers and Renault is that Jonathan's company Motorsport Vision has just bought the Laon-Couvron airbase in France to replicate the facility in Bedford.  Renault will be heavily involved in this going forward.

As an aside the other shareholder in Motorsport Vision is racehorse owner and computer mogul Peter Ogden who owns the channel island Jethou.

I played a small part in Jolyon's career as I set up the steering wheel and pedals on his PC when that was the only way he could race before he got his first go-kart!

Jonathan also managed Justin Wilson who sadly died last year while racing in Indycar (his brother Stef has a drive in the Indy 500 tonight).  To raise the finance for Justin's drive at Minardi we turned him into a PLC and sold shares in him.  A typically innovative approach by Jonathan but all the investors did their money as Justin was 6' 4" and didn't fit into the Jaguar properly when they signed him after his spell at Minardi.  Despite a relatively long & successful career in America, including driving for actor Paul Newman's team, Justin wasn't a wealthy man when he died.  It required a huge auction of motorsport memorabilia donated by drivers and teams to secure Justin's wife and children's future as he was still in debt to Jonathan and the investors for the majority of his career. 

What an utterly fascinating post that is, thank you.

You must have real insight into Motorsport financing, especially as to drivers, would love to hear more about this.

Are you still involved in motor sport?

No, I've not been involved since about 2001 although I still have friends in the industry and follow it closely.  As a rule of thumb I'd assume about 60% of the F1 drivers earn a great deal and the rest are effectively paying to drive via their personal sponsors etc.

Motorsport is a ridiculously expensive pastime in the junior formulas and so many talented kids just don't progress because they run out of cash. When I was signing drivers into the inaugural Formula Palmer Audi series in the late 90s I think it was about £120k for the season (12 or so races) per driver plus insurances etc.  I was selling it as a cost effective alternative to F3.  I still have no idea how we managed to end up with 20 or so cars on the grid but I do recall it being bloody hard work.

To give you an idea of what it costs a driver as they progress up the ladder towards F1 here's some mind-boggling figures from 2011.  Motorsport ain't cheap and having loyal, reliable and  wealthy sponsors on board from the beginning is crucial.

http://en.espn.co.uk/f1/motorsport/story/64894.html

Only dead fish swim with the stream
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #117947 on: May 30, 2016, 05:53:01 PM »

Postponed has looked awesome so far this year and is a strong favourite for the Coronation Cup on Saturday.

I think this is one of those good early betting opportunities and suggest we back The Corsican at 25-1 generally now.

Aside of the fav, the rest are rated very closely rated, and although he has now form round Epsom, he likes the undulations round Goodwood, and so, hopefully, should act round Epsom.

There is enough juice in the price to warrant a bet and I suspect we may end up with around 6 runners, with Simcock keen to run.

The only negative I see at this point, is that Spencer will probably be up, so on that basis can only suggest a modest bet.

£15 ew The Corsican at 25-1 Coronation Cup.

http://www.oddschecker.com/horse-racing/ante-post-racing/flat/coronation-cup/winner

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #117948 on: May 30, 2016, 06:11:10 PM »

nvestec Coronation Cup
Antepost Outright
EW 1/5 1,2,3   The Corsican   25/1   
Total stake   30.00
Estimated return   480.00
Full stake   30.00
Full estimated return   480.00

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #117949 on: May 30, 2016, 06:15:22 PM »

Bad day for Greyhound racing in London with AFC Wimb winning promotion.   Surely makes it much more likely they get planning permission for their ground and the last remaining dog track in London goes south in the near future.
Sportshead

View Profile
« Reply #117950 on: May 30, 2016, 06:15:48 PM »

AFC Wimbledon look too big @ 9/4 bfred 21/10 available in several places
They were the form side with 7 wins from the last 10 before the play-offs including an away win against today's opposition

Close game expected and always the possibility of teams freezing on big day so I don't see too much downside at this price

AFC Wimbledon won 2-0
Great story unfolding , if you get a chance try catch Adebayo Akinfenwa's interview on the pitch , great viewing particularly as he uses it as a bit of a job application ,as he has been released by the club
DMorgan

View Profile
« Reply #117951 on: May 30, 2016, 06:36:21 PM »

hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #117952 on: May 30, 2016, 06:42:43 PM »

I hope City sign him, perfect foil for Aguero.

Best Bitter.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #117953 on: May 30, 2016, 06:45:47 PM »

Superb Cheesy

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #117954 on: May 30, 2016, 07:11:57 PM »

They were the form side with 7 wins from the last 10 before the play-offs including an away win against today's opposition

Close game expected and always the possibility of teams freezing on big day so I don't see too much downside at this price

AFC Wimbledon won 2-0
Great story unfolding , if you get a chance try catch Adebayo Akinfenwa's interview on the pitch , great viewing particularly as he uses it as a bit of a job application ,as he has been released by the club

Apologies, Tighty and I were both AWOL. this afternoon, so we missed your post.  Good spot though, please keep them coming.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Peter-27

View Profile
« Reply #117955 on: May 30, 2016, 07:14:26 PM »

I was Jonathan Palmer's marketing manager for a few years including the period when he bought Bedford Autodrome, I've no doubt that Jolyon's contract will be fairly watertight and a "cheap" option for Renault. I do know that it includes a huge amount of corporate hospitality for Renault and other sponsors at the Palmersport day out which was the event I was marketing in my time with Jonathan.  Take a look at the website, you get to drive a lot of seriously quick cars on the day and it really is a world class corporate event.  Not cheap though!

http://www.palmersport.com/

Another reason I can't see a fall out between the Palmers and Renault is that Jonathan's company Motorsport Vision has just bought the Laon-Couvron airbase in France to replicate the facility in Bedford.  Renault will be heavily involved in this going forward.

As an aside the other shareholder in Motorsport Vision is racehorse owner and computer mogul Peter Ogden who owns the channel island Jethou.

I played a small part in Jolyon's career as I set up the steering wheel and pedals on his PC when that was the only way he could race before he got his first go-kart!

Jonathan also managed Justin Wilson who sadly died last year while racing in Indycar (his brother Stef has a drive in the Indy 500 tonight).  To raise the finance for Justin's drive at Minardi we turned him into a PLC and sold shares in him.  A typically innovative approach by Jonathan but all the investors did their money as Justin was 6' 4" and didn't fit into the Jaguar properly when they signed him after his spell at Minardi.  Despite a relatively long & successful career in America, including driving for actor Paul Newman's team, Justin wasn't a wealthy man when he died.  It required a huge auction of motorsport memorabilia donated by drivers and teams to secure Justin's wife and children's future as he was still in debt to Jonathan and the investors for the majority of his career. 

What an utterly fascinating post that is, thank you.

You must have real insight into Motorsport financing, especially as to drivers, would love to hear more about this.

Are you still involved in motor sport?

No, I've not been involved since about 2001 although I still have friends in the industry and follow it closely.  As a rule of thumb I'd assume about 60% of the F1 drivers earn a great deal and the rest are effectively paying to drive via their personal sponsors etc.

Motorsport is a ridiculously expensive pastime in the junior formulas and so many talented kids just don't progress because they run out of cash. When I was signing drivers into the inaugural Formula Palmer Audi series in the late 90s I think it was about £120k for the season (12 or so races) per driver plus insurances etc.  I was selling it as a cost effective alternative to F3.  I still have no idea how we managed to end up with 20 or so cars on the grid but I do recall it being bloody hard work.

To give you an idea of what it costs a driver as they progress up the ladder towards F1 here's some mind-boggling figures from 2011.  Motorsport ain't cheap and having loyal, reliable and  wealthy sponsors on board from the beginning is crucial.

http://en.espn.co.uk/f1/motorsport/story/64894.html

Yep, one of the sad things about motorsport is that by its nature, it is extremely expensive. That has always been the case, even when the sport first began - the bottom line is that someone has to fund all the R&D work associated with the teams, as well as the day-to-day running costs. There are various initiatives these days that look specifically for talent rather than money. However, if you do have a bottomless pit of money, you've won half the battle.

Sportshead

View Profile
« Reply #117956 on: May 30, 2016, 07:25:03 PM »

No worries Tikay

Cheers for posting the link up DMorgan
superwomble

View Profile WWW
« Reply #117957 on: May 30, 2016, 08:18:04 PM »

AFC Wimbledon won 2-0

Great shout there and great clip DMorgan! Spent sunrise this morning in a balloon over Vegas and just got back to wifi in time for the important last 20 minutes or so. We are going up!

AFC Wimbledon Poker Club - https://www.facebook.com/afcwpokerclub/
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #117958 on: May 30, 2016, 08:23:51 PM »

AFC Wimbledon won 2-0

Great shout there and great clip DMorgan! Spent sunrise this morning in a balloon over Vegas and just got back to wifi in time for the important last 20 minutes or so. We are going up!

About as thin as Bayo!

Cheesy

Click to see full-size image.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
superwomble

View Profile WWW
« Reply #117959 on: May 30, 2016, 08:55:46 PM »

AFC Wimbledon won 2-0

About as thin as Bayo!

Cheesy

Click to see full-size image.

thumbs up

AFC Wimbledon Poker Club - https://www.facebook.com/afcwpokerclub/
Pages: 1 ... 7860 7861 7862 7863 [7864] 7865 7866 7867 7868 ... 9208 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: