blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 07:55:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272613 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Tips for Tikay
Pages: 1 ... 8679 8680 8681 8682 [8683] 8684 8685 8686 8687 ... 9208 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tips for Tikay  (Read 13439742 times)
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #130230 on: September 16, 2017, 05:49:12 PM »

https://www.oddschecker.com/horse-racing/chester/15:15/winner

Instant Attraction appeals in this if we can get some of the 8/1 available.

A friend of mine who's a good judge fancies it, arguing it can sometimes pay to be drawn wide at Chester in the wet. Views welcome, as ever.

£20 recommendation, subject to kibitzing.

Never quite had the puff or pace to win, but ew backers are happy enough with 3rd, thanks TalWise.

Now for Spurs v Swansea, for your second Wembley win on the bounce. Probably.

Yes, I'll be happy if Wednesday's win is a sign we are rekindling our love for Wembley.

I've done my utmost to help - Kane is captain in my FF team.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #130231 on: September 16, 2017, 06:45:47 PM »

Taxi for 'Arry - surely Big Ron can't get overlooked this time.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
Peter-27

View Profile
« Reply #130232 on: September 17, 2017, 12:01:50 PM »

Around one hour until lights out in Singapore, for those who don't know, Vettel didn't top the first practice, but he did get pole, so we're up at the moment this weekend.

I've got a couple more bets to suggest in addition to the ones we're already on.

Points Finish - Felipe Massa @ 3/1+ & Pascal Wehrlein 11/1. The track is very low grip this year, and this is a race of attrition at the best of times. There's also a threat of rain. I'm expecting a high number of retirements and Felipe & Pascal both have proven experience of taking advantage when this situation occurs. Suggest £10 on Felipe, £5 on Pascal.

https://www.oddschecker.com/motorsport/formula-one/singapore-grand-prix/points-finish

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #130233 on: September 17, 2017, 12:57:11 PM »

Hamilton pretty quick in the wet.  Got about 7/4 top 3 on bf.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #130234 on: September 17, 2017, 01:26:23 PM »

Ha, what a great bet that has turned out to be.

Good luck, hope he holds.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #130235 on: September 17, 2017, 01:34:12 PM »

Chicago @ Tampa Bay

Off a bye week, the Buccs host the Bears. Last week, Chicago did a good job against the wide receivers of Atlanta last week. They were, however, marmalised by two huge plays down the middle against tight end, Austin Hooper. They struggled to cope in that area and their tackling was at times atrocious. Chicago does have a stout run defense, and they'll be fine against Jacquizz Rodgers (who is placeholding for the suspended Doug Martin).

Which again points to a passing game.

The pass rush is decent - and I'm not keen on the Tampa O-Line - so the deep pass to Desean Jackson will be hard to engineer; the quarterback needs time for the receiver to get downfield. This leaves us with a short pass option.

In the red zone, Chicago were handy last year against tight ends. It wasn't reported in the Hard Knocks series, but Jameis Winston spent extra time each practice with Cameron Brate. Brate is 6 foot 5 with excellent hands. He's been there two years but, with OJ Howard's arrival, he's the second most famous tight end in the team. It looks made for a target or two his way.

https://www.oddschecker.com/american-football/nfl/chicago-bears-at-tampa-bay-buccaneers/anytime-touchdown-scorer

For Brate and Howard to be the same price seems wrong; Howard is still learning his trade and will be used more in a blocking capacity, while he is getting used to the system. Brate is a serious threat for yards today, but also in the final 20. The Buccs simply can't run it up the gut to force touchdowns.

Recommend £20 at 9/4 with FredBet for Cameron Brate to score anytime.

With all this in mind, I'm open to views on Winston over 255 passing yards...

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #130236 on: September 17, 2017, 02:07:14 PM »

Ha, what a great bet that has turned out to be.

Good luck, hope he holds.

Only got a tiny win bet matched.  Kind of hoping he is 2nd.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Cavey007

View Profile WWW
« Reply #130237 on: September 17, 2017, 02:38:29 PM »

Chicago @ Tampa Bay

Off a bye week, the Buccs host the Bears. Last week, Chicago did a good job against the wide receivers of Atlanta last week. They were, however, marmalised by two huge plays down the middle against tight end, Austin Hooper. They struggled to cope in that area and their tackling was at times atrocious. Chicago does have a stout run defense, and they'll be fine against Jacquizz Rodgers (who is placeholding for the suspended Doug Martin).

The pass rush is decent - and I'm not keen on the Tampa O-Line - so the deep pass to Desean Jackson will be hard to engineer; the quarterback needs time for the receiver to get downfield. This leaves us with a short pass option.

In the red zone, Chicago were handy last year against tight ends. It wasn't reported in the Hard Knocks series, but Jameis Winston spent extra time each practice with Cameron Brate. Brate is 6 foot 5 with excellent hands. He's been there two years but, with OJ Howard's arrival, he's the second most famous tight end in the team. It looks made for a target or two his way.

https://www.oddschecker.com/american-football/nfl/chicago-bears-at-tampa-bay-buccaneers/anytime-touchdown-scorer

For Brate and Howard to be the same price seems wrong; Howard is still learning his trade and will be used more in a blocking capacity, while he is getting used to the system. Brate is a serious threat for yards today, but also in the final 20. The Buccs simply can't run it up the gut to force touchdowns.

Tipped Brae anytime at 3/1 on Paddypower but understand that Tikay can't get on over there, good for everyone else though! In fact it was probably me tipping it that's killed the value on him. Sorry

Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #130238 on: September 17, 2017, 02:41:58 PM »

Chicago @ Tampa Bay

Tipped Brae anytime at 3/1 on Paddypower but understand that Tikay can't get on over there, good for everyone else though! In fact it was probably me tipping it that's killed the value on him. Sorry

3/1 was an excellent price. Long gone, sadly. 9/4 is still a small bet.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #130239 on: September 17, 2017, 02:56:39 PM »

Carolina v Buffalo

A nice bit of "tipping against my own team" today. The Bills and the Panthers are 6.5 points apart, according to the bookies. Considering the Panthers are at home, and home usually means about 3 points, that's not a big difference.

A lot has been made of the Bills having the former defensive coordinator of Carolina as their new head coach. But you can only work with what you've got...and the Bills have a pretty simple defensive structure. It's not deep and, the more star players like Marcel Dareus are rotated out, the more exposed we look. The biggest problem is on offense, which is a way from being competitive, and why shouldn't it be, when the assets have been sold on for draft picks? The Bills O Line does well to make holes for LeSean McCoy, but Kawan Short and Star Tuelieli are beastly chaps to run through the middle of. It won't be the walk in the park it was last week against the Jets.

Cam Newton is slowly making his way back from injury, but the short and intermediate pass options against the Bills' new zone scheme (just like zonal marking at corners in football, compared to man marking) should be productive. I expect a few big throws if Cam is fit, but they don't need to do a lot today to win. It should be tight early and then I expect the Panthers to take control in the third and fourth quarters.

These two teams are heading in very different directions. The pricing of these two teams being 3.5 points apart at a neutral venue will look very silly in a month's time. One of these two teams can comfortably score 25 points. One is going to struggle to get 17.

We can get 20/21 with Matchbox (I believe Fred has an account?) or 10/11 with the new kids on the block at Red Zone. The more I look at the matchups, the more I think this is delicious.

Recommend £42 at 20/21 with Match Book on Carolina Panthers -6.5.

« Last Edit: September 17, 2017, 03:03:43 PM by Tal » Logged

Dekka

View Profile
« Reply #130240 on: September 17, 2017, 03:10:50 PM »

It took a sacking by Alain Prost, a few bollockings from his dad and a retirement by his teammate but the Palmer v Hulk match bet is back on!   Fair play to the kid for coping well with what must have been a really difficult weekend.

In other related news a drowning Dekka will happily clutch at any straw he can get his hands on.

Only dead fish swim with the stream
Peter-27

View Profile
« Reply #130241 on: September 17, 2017, 03:59:06 PM »

It took a sacking by Alain Prost, a few bollockings from his dad and a retirement by his teammate but the Palmer v Hulk match bet is back on!   Fair play to the kid for coping well with what must have been a really difficult weekend.

In other related news a drowning Dekka will happily clutch at any straw he can get his hands on.

Haha!  Tongue

Pretty clear we got unlucky with the Vettel bets today. Also kind of annoying that both Massa & Wehrlein finished, but they were the only two cars out of the points  Roll Eyes

Ricciardo podium came in though.

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #130242 on: September 17, 2017, 04:28:37 PM »

Carolina v Buffalo

A nice bit of "tipping against my own team" today. The Bills and the Panthers are 6.5 points apart, according to the bookies. Considering the Panthers are at home, and home usually means about 3 points, that's not a big difference.

A lot has been made of the Bills having the former defensive coordinator of Carolina as their new head coach. But you can only work with what you've got...and the Bills have a pretty simple defensive structure. It's not deep and, the more star players like Marcel Dareus are rotated out, the more exposed we look. The biggest problem is on offense, which is a way from being competitive, and why shouldn't it be, when the assets have been sold on for draft picks? The Bills O Line does well to make holes for LeSean McCoy, but Kawan Short and Star Tuelieli are beastly chaps to run through the middle of. It won't be the walk in the park it was last week against the Jets.

Cam Newton is slowly making his way back from injury, but the short and intermediate pass options against the Bills' new zone scheme (just like zonal marking at corners in football, compared to man marking) should be productive. I expect a few big throws if Cam is fit, but they don't need to do a lot today to win. It should be tight early and then I expect the Panthers to take control in the third and fourth quarters.

These two teams are heading in very different directions. The pricing of these two teams being 3.5 points apart at a neutral venue will look very silly in a month's time. One of these two teams can comfortably score 25 points. One is going to struggle to get 17.

We can get 20/21 with Matchbox (I believe Fred has an account?) or 10/11 with the new kids on the block at Red Zone. The more I look at the matchups, the more I think this is delicious.

Recommend £42 at 20/21 with Match Book on Carolina Panthers -6.5.

I can't place anything today. Only on mobile minus passwords etc. Either tikay or yourself on his behalf if you want it placed
« Last Edit: September 17, 2017, 04:38:17 PM by TightEnd » Logged

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #130243 on: September 17, 2017, 04:29:39 PM »

Chicago @ Tampa Bay

likewise either tikay or yourself on his behalf if this should still be placed
« Last Edit: September 17, 2017, 04:37:49 PM by TightEnd » Logged

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #130244 on: September 17, 2017, 06:25:50 PM »

TIghty,

Sorry, fell asleep after the Arsenal match and only just woke up, both games have already started.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Pages: 1 ... 8679 8680 8681 8682 [8683] 8684 8685 8686 8687 ... 9208 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: