blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 09:14:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Tips for Tikay
Pages: 1 ... 2631 2632 2633 2634 [2635] 2636 2637 2638 2639 ... 9208 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tips for Tikay  (Read 13444983 times)
bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #39510 on: April 29, 2013, 08:43:48 PM »

Doubt there'll be much resting going on if Palace win tomorrow as 4th is still an incentive (big advantage being at home 2nd leg as you get the potential ET at home without the normal disadvantage of away goals).

yes it is an advantage but there is a chance he rests players isn't there?

ps can you give me the date of the last bet you posted on here, also the date of the last post I made that you didn't just disagree with.....if there is one kid.

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”
Dubai

View Profile
« Reply #39511 on: April 29, 2013, 08:53:08 PM »

To be fair he did put up a bet late at night on Gotze going to Munich.

Although it had been announced he had signed Smiley, and I think it was with Paddy Power (might be wrong) so the 83pence everyone could have had at 4/1 would have just about bought a Big Mac, but it would have been a risk free Big Mac.
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #39512 on: April 29, 2013, 08:56:09 PM »

Probably not one for Fred, but just in case I get accused of being aftertimey...

I'm interested in a particular chess game in Cuba (marathon bet is a joyous beast for no one except me Smiley ), where Leinier Dominguez-Perez is playing Dmitry Andreikin in the Capablanca Memorial tournament.

Dominguez is a strong player but can't buy a win at the moment, being the guy who has drawn all seven of his games so far.

A surprise leader is now all but certain to finish above the Cuban and so there's little reason to expect him to go full bore today against a guy in Andreikin who has beaten him twice out of the three classical games (ie normal time control games) they have played (albeit in 2011). Andreikin isn't setting the world alight either, drawing five of his seven in what seems to be a pretty stodgy comp, the leader aside.

The draw is 1.45, which is basically the same as the price of the draw in the other two games and I'd make it nearer 1/3.

Margins are a little tight for Fred tbf, but fun what a little research during a lunch break in Starbucks can offer.

http://www.marathonbet.com/en/betting/Chess/

Edit: will qualify all of this by saying my research has not been so thorough as to suggest I know more than the market/odds setters. That's probably a better reason not to bet on it, perhaps. I'm slowly learning, honest.

Judging by the market movement to 1.35, I shall let Fred know that this game is just starting Wink

I went on Marathon Bet today but had forgotten my plastic, and so could not Deposit to place that bet. It looks quite a decent site.

I've been a bit slow to spot this is a Russian site, which explains why the Russian players are shorter than I expected.

Vladimir Kramnik 3.45
Boris Gelfand 13
Draw 1.48

Kramnik has won one game in this tournament and has been well short of his usual standards. Gelfand has been playing very well (including a really good win against Adams) and currently is joint leader with 2 games left.

He and Kramnik, I think, have drawn their last 11 games against each other in classical time controls, so with Kramnik being White, the draw looks big. Gelfand is big, too. The point is that 5/2 for Kramnik screams being too short.

Could this be a symptom of the markets? I am not au fait with this company and its workings.

Just an observation; I can't work out whether Gelfand or the draw is the better bet, so I'm not proposing either.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
Dubai

View Profile
« Reply #39513 on: April 29, 2013, 09:04:46 PM »

If they are a Russian firm and 90%+ of their bets are from Russian clients backing Russian sportsmen, teams- then yes they should theoretically always price up Russians too short, and if its that signficant then in some cases opposing them blind would be correct assuming they arent betting  to 120%+ on 3 outcomes. In this case they are betting to 104% or so
JaffaCake

View Profile
« Reply #39514 on: April 29, 2013, 09:18:11 PM »

Doubt there'll be much resting going on if Palace win tomorrow as 4th is still an incentive (big advantage being at home 2nd leg as you get the potential ET at home without the normal disadvantage of away goals).
Do u think it's in the price that there may be players rested or not? If it is, and u think there won't be much/any resting, should we be backing Palace, not opposing, as they're mispriced the other way? Or do u think they're priced up 'normally', ie the worst that would happen is we have a bet against Palace at the correct price, with the upside we might bet them at an advantageous price to us? If that's the worst than can happen, not sure why there's negativity to what looks a well thought out proposal?
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #39515 on: April 29, 2013, 09:19:26 PM »

If they are a Russian firm and 90%+ of their bets are from Russian clients backing Russian sportsmen, teams- then yes they should theoretically always price up Russians too short, and if its that signficant then in some cases opposing them blind would be correct assuming they arent betting  to 120%+ on 3 outcomes. In this case they are betting to 104% or so

Compare 104% to those markets we were looking at in the London Chess Classic on Ladbrokes in December. Some were 120+ iirc.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
Junior Senior

View Profile
« Reply #39516 on: April 29, 2013, 09:35:59 PM »

So people in Fred getting upset with a bit of occasional after timing?

adnmdv

View Profile
« Reply #39517 on: April 29, 2013, 09:36:19 PM »

Although it had been announced he had signed Smiley, and I think it was with Paddy Power (might be wrong) so the 83pence everyone could have had at 4/1 would have just about bought a Big Mac, but it would have been a risk free Big Mac.

ha, just because I don't give away free bets all the time doesn't mean I never have bets. Just not really wise to give them away for free is it?
Dubai

View Profile
« Reply #39518 on: April 29, 2013, 09:37:58 PM »

Nah i know its not. But more to life than winning on your own etc. Nothing wrong with helping others out

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #39519 on: April 29, 2013, 09:38:54 PM »

ha, just because I don't give away free bets all the time doesn't mean I never have bets. Just not really wise to give them away for free is it?

Not really the spirit of the hundreds of people, professional punters included, that have put tips up on here is it?

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
adnmdv

View Profile
« Reply #39520 on: April 29, 2013, 09:41:05 PM »

Nah i know its not. But more to life than winning on your own etc. Nothing wrong with helping others out

I exchange bets with people all the time. Just happen to not do it here.

Apparently though anything that's posted is totally worthless unless it's a free tip or praise.

Do u think it's in the price that there may be players rested or not? If it is, and u think there won't be much/any resting, should we be backing Palace, not opposing, as they're mispriced the other way? Or do u think they're priced up 'normally', ie the worst that would happen is we have a bet against Palace at the correct price, with the upside we might bet them at an advantageous price to us? If that's the worst than can happen, not sure why there's negativity to what looks a well thought out proposal?

It's priced midway between Palace winning/not winning tomorrow. If you back them and they don't win the price will move lots towards Palace.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2013, 09:48:33 PM by adnmdv » Logged
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #39521 on: April 29, 2013, 09:51:55 PM »

Paul Lambert taking the mickey now: bringing Darren Bent on.

The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #39522 on: April 29, 2013, 09:53:45 PM »

I exchange bets with people all the time. Just happen to not do it here.

Apparently though anything that's posted is totally worthless unless it's a free tip or praise.

It's priced midway between Palace winning/not winning tomorrow. If you back them and they don't win the price will move lots towards Palace.

What is the downside of putting up bets here after you've got your bets on?

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
Dubai

View Profile
« Reply #39523 on: April 29, 2013, 09:56:47 PM »

Theres obviously a small downside educating people in anything you do for a living. Its only now that people are actually realising how stupid it is to put up training videos and showing people EXACTLY how to beat the games that they play.

Sports betting is obv slightly different, particularly really liquid football markets, the downside is completely neglible imo
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #39524 on: April 29, 2013, 09:57:01 PM »

How to make urself unpopular in one easy post....oh well

To be fair adn made some valid points(yes, aftertiming again, even if I didnt bet any of them!).

If adn doesn't want to share his stuff, thats fair enough too, but I think if you are going to chip and and knock a bet you should give it a try, and leave yourself open to the same"flack".

You may become an Elder or you may be cast of the wasteland, with the majority of the rest of us that have tried and failed. All part of the game adnmdv!

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
Pages: 1 ... 2631 2632 2633 2634 [2635] 2636 2637 2638 2639 ... 9208 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: