blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 11:03:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272597 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Tips for Tikay
Pages: 1 ... 298 299 300 301 [302] 303 304 305 306 ... 9208 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tips for Tikay  (Read 13436539 times)
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4515 on: April 25, 2012, 07:14:23 PM »

Marv. GTFO Herbie. Wink

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
WarBwastard

View Profile
« Reply #4516 on: April 25, 2012, 07:38:34 PM »

Do we have any MotoGP fans?  Awesome sport.  I'd like to propose a £25 wager on little Dani Pedrosa to win the Spanish MotoGP race at Jerez this weekend.  

He is 4/1 to win the race (each-way odds 1/3 odds for top two). In reality this is a three horse race.  Three horsies being Jorge Lorenzo (another awesome little Spaniard, Barcelona fan however though so he may be crestfallen), Casey Stoner obdurate and frustratingly good Australian and little Dani Pedrosa who is 5ft 4 and weighs 8 stone but chucks his 1000cc motorbike into the corners like it was a 125.

Jorge is favourite and rightly so at around 5/4.  He has won this race last two times.  He won the opening race of this season last time out in Qatar.  Casey Stoner hates this track and has never won since competing in MotoGP.

Little Dani however won here in 2008 and has never finished lower than 2nd since he joined big boys racing in 2006.

I'd like to propose a £25 win bet on Dani.  I'd recommend this be placed before Practice (Friday) or qualifying (Saturday) too as his price is only likely to go down as he has qualified in pole position quite a few times.

We sure do! I'm a huge fan of it, I went off F1 many years ago, but I adore Moto GP. Know anything about it? Umm, not so much.

The good news is yes, we have a resident "expert".

The bad news is that it's Jason Herbert.  His missus even has the nick "Cadwell", for some reason associated with Cadwell Park, though I doubt much motorbike racing was involved.

I have just got home, but WILL be punting your suggestion later this evening, once I've sorted out some stuff & that.

You have been warned.

Herbie!
Just got in from taking the niece  to Rainbows (a thing girls do before Brownies).  I feel uncomfortable advising on anyones tips especially in such esteemed company so I asked the wife her opinion as her speciality is moto gp were mine is Superbikes. ( another useless fact is that Kiyonari, former British superbike champion, is the middle name of one of our sons)

She  immediately said Jorge will win this weekend as he is super confident after the opening round both in his own ability and the bike that he is riding. Only one winner for her full stop.

I pushed her a little bit more on Danni and she said although its his favourite circuit his small size and weight is not the advantage it is at other circuits. Jerez is a very twisty circuit with lots of slamming the anchors on which suits bigger stronger guys. She even pointed out in pre season testing down there that his team mate Casey was the faster of the two.

Casey suffered from arm pump in the opening round and any slight re occurance of this will mean an awfully painfull afternoon for him and to beat Jorge he needs to be 100%

I asked her about the prices (she works in a betting shop) as I thought 4/1 in a 3 horse race seemed value. She just laughed and said he has an excellent chance of being 2nd but far more chance of 3rd than first.

That's all I can really offer you other than the fact she has wanted a pair of sausage dogs for sometime  and intends to name them Valentino + Jorge. Welcome to my mad world.

I agree with this which is why I've only suggested £25 instead of £50.  I did say Jorge is rightly the favourite and has won the race the past two seasons.  I don't entirely agree with the info about Casey Stoner's testing though.  He tends not to do race distances in practice so his fastest individual laps are always higher than Dani Pedrosa's, the race distance average times for Dani and Jorge are higher though if that makes sense.  I think it makes them better conditioned for the races too.  

I don't think there's ever such a thing as "only one winner" in MotoGP.  I would take the field at 5/4 against any racer really even Valentino Rossi at his best. It is the way of the Banzai.

I rest my case m'lud.  Tonk.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2012, 07:41:50 PM by WarBwastard » Logged

http://la-boca-de-la-cueva.blogspot.com/

http://mexico.worldcupblog.org/

"War does not determine who is right - only who is left." -- Bertrand Russell
MereNovice
Gamesmaster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4517 on: April 25, 2012, 07:40:15 PM »

MotoGP hasn't been the same since Suzi Perry stopped presenting it.

Reigning Blonde Fantasy Ashes and Super League Champions
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #4518 on: April 25, 2012, 08:16:08 PM »

At the risk of sounding slightly repetitive might I suggest £15 EW @ 33/1 on Caroline Hedwall in this weeks LPGA event.

This young lady hits it 300 yards off the tee and dominated the European ladies' tour last year so it's simply a matter of time before she wins on the LPGA circuit imo. I reckon she'll get it going one of these weeks and win by a street and this could be the week as it's a far weaker field than last week and 33/1 is mahoosive.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4519 on: April 25, 2012, 08:39:23 PM »

At the risk of sounding slightly repetitive might I suggest £15 EW @ 33/1 on Caroline Hedwall in this weeks LPGA event.

This young lady hits it 300 yards off the tee and dominated the European ladies' tour last year so it's simply a matter of time before she wins on the LPGA circuit imo. I reckon she'll get it going one of these weeks and win by a street and this could be the week as it's a far weaker field than last week and 33/1 is mahoosive.

Thanks.

That would be a fitting way to end April, Ralph, with a nice 33/1 shot.

We have £15 EW with Ladbrokes, @ 33/1.

ON

Selection33/1 - Caroline Hedwall

Event2012 Mobile Bay LPGA Classic Mobile Bay LPGA Classic

MarketTournament winner
 Your bets (1) Single - Caroline Hedwall - Each Way
Each Way 1/4 1,2,3,4,5
2 lines at £15.00 per line
Total stake for this bet: £30.00
Potential Return: £648.75
Time: 25/04/12 20:37
Receipt No: O/142640973/0000015

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #4520 on: April 25, 2012, 08:47:36 PM »

I'm pot committed with this girl now so I shall reinvest some Hawko profits on this lovely lady to do the business

Cheers Smiley

MereNovice
Gamesmaster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4521 on: April 25, 2012, 08:49:29 PM »

Hawkins 10 Selby 3

Not even a sweat.

Great tipping.

Reigning Blonde Fantasy Ashes and Super League Champions
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4522 on: April 25, 2012, 08:53:56 PM »

Hawkins 10 Selby 3

Not even a sweat.

Great tipping.

Amen to that, well done Bobby. 7/2 in a 2 horse race, lovely.

the sicilian

View Profile
« Reply #4523 on: April 25, 2012, 08:55:24 PM »

Think the NBA bet last night should have been on Utah, not on total points. Without being an aftertimer, the logic was good, Utah were in form and needed to win to get to the playoffs (starting this weekend) and Phoenix had just missed the playoffs and left with nuthin to play for. Seems like they didn't try that hard and we missed the points spread. I say we...I backed Utah not the points Smiley

I like Washington at 4/5 tonight. They're the second worst team in the league, but have won 4 straight games now, and finally look to be clicking after some big trades have reshaped their team a month or so back. Cleveland have lost 5 of the last 6 and while they're at home, 5/6 is a nice price with the form of the two teams.

As an aside, I think I'll back Chicago at Indy, hoping the rumours that they will buck the trend to rest stars and will play their starters to get them some time toegther before the playoffs is true, and hope Indy do rest some, but that's a bit riskier. Might take a risk on Orlando to beat the Bobcats at 1/19 lol

Pretty sure The Suns needed a win to stay in the race but the loss to the Jazz gave Jazz the 8 spot.... but I still liked the bet..I had the Jazz ftw as part of a treble ..

im gonna have a dirty tenner on the woeful bobcats at that price..pride alone in trying not to become the worst team in NBA history may drive them past a howardless Orlando..who are fast proving they may be a one man team... their D and scoring is 10% worse without him... although a better bet may be +16

Like the Knicks over the clipper tonight in the garden..clippers had a tough game last night and with new management and Carmelo playing out of his skin the Knicks have gone 16/6... also it may be me but i think they play better as a team without Linsanity..the mix was always a bit off i think...

have the 76's and bucks under 200 total..bucks are out of the playoffs and  may be missing Ellis + philly play good D even if they rest 1 or 2
Have the cats and Orlando under 191.5 as well bobcats woeful orlando miss howard paint play
and spurs v the suns under 211..this would usually be a points bloodbath but spurs look to rest everyone they can after wrapping up no 1 spot and the suns as we have seen have nothing to play for and played last night

Just because you don't like it...... It doesn't mean it's not the truth
the sicilian

View Profile
« Reply #4524 on: April 25, 2012, 09:06:06 PM »

Just remembered thinking back to our Greek adventures.. I may be coming round to the idea Greeky fball is not quite on the straight and narrow..

Had a game today as part of a 7 fold with the greek game an absolute cert for under 2.5.. it ends 5-0...fortunately i had a six fold on the card so this allowed me to get one wrong and scoop a tiny profit on the two bets as i got the other six right..

before today the winners had scored 20 in 14 and the losers had conceded 7 in 13

the corresponding fixture was 1-0 earlier in the year

bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #4525 on: April 25, 2012, 09:53:58 PM »

Hawkins 10 Selby 3

Not even a sweat.

Great tipping.

thanks, It erases the scar of the Bingham bet ;o)

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”
JaffaCake

View Profile
« Reply #4526 on: April 25, 2012, 10:14:00 PM »

Just remembered thinking back to our Greek adventures.. I may be coming round to the idea Greeky fball is not quite on the straight and narrow..

Had a game today as part of a 7 fold with the greek game an absolute cert for under 2.5.. it ends 5-0...fortunately i had a six fold on the card so this allowed me to get one wrong and scoop a tiny profit on the two bets as i got the other six right..

before today the winners had scored 20 in 14 and the losers had conceded 7 in 13

This thread needs more sentences like this one lol
Jamier-Host

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4527 on: April 25, 2012, 10:14:13 PM »

Not much of a sweat for my first venture into the thread then.  Looks like I'll have to do some Eurovision research instead - had the last 3 winners in that  Wink

Side Project - making games for Amazon Alexa devices

pressthe8.com
the sicilian

View Profile
« Reply #4528 on: April 25, 2012, 10:22:54 PM »

This thread needs more sentences like this one lol

Lol think dead cert and Greek fball don't belong in the same breath..would-be funny if it didn't cost me 800 quid ffs
« Last Edit: April 25, 2012, 10:28:07 PM by the sicilian » Logged

bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #4529 on: April 25, 2012, 10:24:22 PM »

Well hello Germans

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”
Pages: 1 ... 298 299 300 301 [302] 303 304 305 306 ... 9208 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: